Recommendations Novels that you can quickly get into

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Cosmic_, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm desperate for a good read. CN, JP, KR, RRL whatever. I don't want a lustful jacka**, useless dense beta, or try to be smart but makes cringey dumb decision MC. I just really want an MC that has his stuff together and can face any obstacle. I want a novel that has a good pace on the faster or moderate side. Early romance (harem fine, just don't have FML disappear for 100chaps). I also want the premise to start in the first 5 chapter and skip the exposition or the "mysterious or world-related destiny prophacy/meeting/discussions. No complicated love rivalry, complicated romantic drama/circumstances, big caught up in political conflict, fighting inner demons, consumed by revenge, etc. Just please no complicated stuff.

Male MC
    preferably, it can be cultivation, fantasy, action, modern, showbiz, comedy, action, slice of life whatever. Just nothing too dark or serious. I'm not really looking for novels of these genre but more of its carefree enjoyment read centerness and quick pace feel: Infinite Competetive Dungeon Society, I Reincarnated For Nothing, Library of Heaven's Path, Perfect Superstar, Ultimate Scheming System, God of Music, Night Ranger, Death March, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, The Strongest Gene, Super God Gene, Breakers, Dungeon Heart, Eat Stuff and Grow, New Chance in Fantasy, Number One Under Heaven, Change: The New World, NEET Recieve a Dating Sim Leveling System, Everyone Else is a Returnee, I am the Monarch, etc.

I'd appreciate a personal summary of what it's about and why its good. Most synopses don't help and it's hard to grasp the feel of a novel.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. BloodAdept

BloodAdept Blood Sacrifice Practitioner

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you've already listed anything i would've suggested, i'll just wait to see if anyone adds something for myself...

3. Arkantos

Arkantos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. omarct

omarct Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial World. Just plain awesomeness and wrecking fools.

5. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it does go against some like the prophecy, premise in 5ch, and romance kinda, However, Death March is pretty lax, Satou is OP and can deal with nearly anything, there is a loli slave harem, it is mostly an OP food and adventure story. It's also pretty easy to binge read for the first few volumes.

6. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hedonist Sovereign, Beauty and Bodyguard and The Records of The Human Emperor might fit the bill for ease of getting into and quickness of pace generally speaking. Without too much world destroying prophecy bullshit and reasonable levels of OPness. If not in literal power then tactics and schemes. And while Hedonist Sovereign is kinda lusty its a pretty good read. I binged all three stories, which are hosted/tled on Gravity, and they were easy to pick up and smash through. Each has 200+ chaps.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  7. pukeofhurl

pukeofhurl The Philosopher

Reading List:
    Link
    Cosmic_ likes this.
  8. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    a_b and Qvintex like this.
  9. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read it and enjoyed the first few something(4?) hundred chapters, It was really awesome. The beginning was good besides the romance and that childhood friend thing.

I, however, dropped it when it reached that 2nd trial/other pocket world/whatever. It was the arc after his adventurer/mercenary things with the halberd and demons. I didn't like the Phoenix trial and how the disaster happened when they thought he was dead and how it'll repeat with that 2nd trial.

10. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Laid-back Life in Another World of the Ex-Hero but the guy "re-translating" didn't even get halfway through the chapter count of the first translator before going ghost. Hasn't been long enough to qualify for Novel Pickup Request thread yet.

Summary: Guy gets summoned in a batch of people from a kingdom trying to find a hero, they measure their base ability at level 1 before sending the unqualified people back to their original world, MC has terrible stats while another nearby has 999 all. Reveries and excitement ensues while MC gets left to the side, forgotten. After a party MC finally speaks up about getting sent back but there was a time limit on the return spell or some shit and he's stuck in this world. Upon reaching level 2 he gets a stat increase far beyond the 999 of the original hero.

Title is pretty accurate, MC just tries to live a leisurely life with his demon-turned-wife and other companions. Don't think he ever gets an actual harem but he's surrounded by various women.

11. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    if you like mw and that was your one gripe with it i recommend you get back into it, its good shit. gets real good and keeps climbing after that arc basically. you also have like 800 chapters to catch up on so no worries of running out anytime soon.

12. Fleighfire

Fleighfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Virtual World: Peerless White Emperor
    The story is hilarious, with the MC and his group doing the most vilest and craziest stunts in both the VRMMO and the real world with each one possessing a different backstory and secrets thats gradually revealed as time passes.

sergioGM and AtratusImperator like this.
  13. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    ronueda likes this.
  14. Bedhead Dragon

Bedhead Dragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Virtual World: White Emperor (?) Is pretty good its extremely lax and has a lot of humor. MC's backstory is pretty dark but the story is such a joke that it doesn't really matter. Romance doesn't really show itself but it doesn't have a clear FL so its not an infuriating "JUST FUCK ALREADY" scenario

15. Deleted member 89812

Deleted member 89812 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  16. ronueda

ronueda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Swallowed Star
    • only early romance because they married.
    • Focuses more on getting stronger
    • Characters are not flat as other novels
    • Modern world, advanced alien civilizations
    • Every chapter is good
    Shadow Hack
    • He has a computer from a lost age which he uses as a tool to summon shadows which are as strong as himself and also to get cultivation materials.
    • Currently only 70+ ch. translated but 10+ ch/week

17. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you prefer yaoi?

18. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  19. ppomv

ppomv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you know God of Music, you probably know God of Cooking and Top Management. (Putting it here in case you haven't.) God of Cooking is vivid descriptions of food with a 1/1 relationship. Super relaxing and easy to read. Top Management is a little more involved but MC is a steady character so nothing feels extrenuious. Both have top notch translating quality.

20. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm depends, he just doesn't give a fuck about anything other than power and sex, no emotions other than that. i'd call that beta.