Discussion I'm unable to watch dragon ball super

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by I your Father, Jan 30, 2018.

1. I your Father

I your Father Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't watch dragon ball super, i don't like it and i feel that somehow it has spoiled my fond memories of DBZ.I've read other people critics of dbs and i agree to some of them but i would personnaly say that the problems lies in three areas:
    -storyline
    -powerscaling
    -consistency of character

There is no storyline at all in dbs, it's just a succession of tournament and though the movies were passable.
    In battle of gods, seriously is it even believable that frieza was ordered by beerus to destroy planet vegeta?
    The guy did it because he feared sayans potential, he saw that the sayans were getting slowly but steadily stronger through each fight.
    And even he did, why isn't vegeta angry against him?After knowing that frieza destroyed his planet in dbz the guy litteraly begged sangoku to avenge their race and yet here nothing at all.
    And if i had to make a summary of dbs after reading it i wouldn't want to watch dbs, after all it's just the discovery of the gods but somehow we don't truly the implications of their existence nor their utility>buu destroyed entire galaxy>frieza destroyed countless planet and wrecked havoc in the universe>even cell could have done the same had he not been stopped by gohan...
    And if you talk about revival of F, i just don't buy the fact that frieza could have become so trong through 4 months of training.Sangoku vegeta and the others had to trin for dozens of years to get to their current poiwer level, they had to surpass their limits time and time again, they were under pressure.Yet Frieza just need to train 4 months to become stronger than gohan who was supposed to be able to kick super buu's ass.

As for power scaling, i can't even see it anymore.One thing i particularly with dbz was the fact that they could give you exact numbers to scale the power level of each character and though it became less present at the end of the manga it was something wich made us appreciate dbz.
    But in dbs well, even krillin is strong enough that sangoku has to take his super sayan god form to overwhelm him when he was supposed to be weaker than frieza original himself and super c17 who "somehow" has gotten strong through "training" to reach the same level as sangoku super sayajin god.
    It's pure nonsense.

But more importantly, i hate sangoku in dbs while he used my fave in dbz.
    This is not the goku i knew, this one is just awful;

Did you see the twelve gods of destruction?
    EVEN THE BAD GUYS IN "MY LITTLE PONY" ARE MORE IMPRESSIVE.
    I think that they wouldn't be out of place if you told me they were part of of a circus.

In conclusion, many think that dbgt is bad but at least there were good parts to dbgt while i fail to see anything good in dbs.
    Dbs had potential and good concepts but unfortunately the author failed to see it through and in the end we are left with nothing but the shell of a good sequel to dbz.

2. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a fan of DBS. Didn't even bother watching it.

3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, dbz is already bad. It ruined my memories of the original dragon ball. Anything after that are just downward brand of fail.

4. Yariazen

Yariazen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DBS seems fine to me but that probably cause it's the first time I watched anything from the dragon ball series. Although the plot is pretty nonexistent.

5. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    still better than GT.
    *spits on all GT fans for they do not know the way.

6. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Correction! DB super true title actually DragonBall FILLER!

7. Pleasantly-plump

Pleasantly-plump Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see where you're coming from which is why I don't watch boruto.

8. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with the power scaling. That's why I don't even try to bother watching it again after DBZ

9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys seem to miss a very important point:
    Anime is just product advertisement for action figures and figurines or light novels

Anime is not profitable enough to do a Macross 7 anymore with a high budget
    Also, slave labor is now frowned upon more

10. gwendaal

gwendaal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the amount of cancer in dbs is off charts , story and power scale wise dbz is fine till cell. I mean cell passive défense is breaking krillin kienzan, and Goku fight him in saiyan blue form, and double aura With kaioken ...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  11. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I agree (although I still watch, mostly for the fight scenes). If there's anything I didn't understand in DBS, it's the androids. I'm sorry, what? ANDROIDS, got stronger by training? Excuse me? Yeah, I know they're still partially biological, but that still doesn't make sense. I mean, their 'infinite energy' gimmick comes from their android half, which means that their energy output is fixed, and can't be increased. After all, if they could output infinite energy, universes go bye-bye.

So them getting stronger by training makes no sense. Unless they were to train like normal humans and slowly increase their ki, which still wouldn't explain the infinite energy.

And then trunks+Goten haven't gotten any older for ages.

And then this latest episode of DBS (sub)... so the big guy (forgot his name) is a god of destruction now, huh? Cool, cool... NOT! Wasn't it expressly specified in the rules that the participants COULD NOT BE GODS!?!? He turn destruction god mode, he shoulda been instantly disqualified!!!

...Why is Tien weak? All he does is train, and he's somehow weaker than krillin, who barely trained at all for quite a while.
    ???

AliceShiki and I your Father like this.
  12. Corvo269

Corvo269 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will agree there is no plot to DBS other than time passed from DBZ and Goku and Vegeta are still training.

Power Levels were always absolute Bullshit even in DBZ and even so, the power scaling isn't as bad as you'd think. Neither Krillin nor C17 were strong enough against SSB. Goku likes holding back in fights, more importantly, Goku was always an idiot. Pretty sure the Goku you're looking for is in the English dub.
    And honestly, DBS has more in common with the original Dragonball where the fighters are trying their best to circumvent their opponent's gimmicks rather than every fight ending with a beam struggle

13. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that a lot of people's problem with Goku comes from the fact that his personality was changed by the dub in DBZ.

14. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    well. . . i just shows that we are growing up. . .

15. DarthOu

DarthOu 《Lord Vader》

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, in my opinion, most people just watch for the nostalgia.

16. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really care about the story, character development or anything else when i am watching dragon ball, z or super...

What actually ruined the series for me.... The voice actors for goku and gohan and a few other characters!

What was that?!?!
    It feels like i am listening to a 5 yr old japanese kid... All action, emotion, everything is ruined when i hear goku speak in that voice and go super saiyan!!

Did no decent v.a. Want to play goku or was this done deliberately?!

17. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, rather than stupid, Goku just didn't have common sense. He was brought up in a small building in a very remote area, and the only other person he knew was his grandfather, Gohan, so he barely knew anything except fighting, taking care of the house and finding food. Most of that was cured by DBZ, where I would say he was fairly smart - just without any education.

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. 13th Echelon

13th Echelon Piping Hot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon ball super is created for new audiences I think. It's not that bad.

19. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
    there are indeed problems with it when you compare it with the older series, but i just enjoy the comedy of it, the fighting not so much

20. I your Father

I your Father Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I admit that DBZ isn't for everyone but even fans like me hates DBS.
    I feel like they didn't put much effort to produce it, just trying to make money but what makes me angry is the fact that the story of the game is better than DBS(dragon ball online).I'm not saying it's exceptionnal but it's far better than DBS and you see that they truly tried to make a good story(demongods,sayans hybrids...).
    Even if they just tried to put that in anime it should be far better than DBS.