Need Advice From Contact Users

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Linley, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    I just got myself some contacts for situations where I can't use glasses, or where glasses are a hassle. I'm having trouble taking them out, any suggestions? Eye doctor said to pinch them out, but that's not working at all...

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    ask for that eye doctor to remove them?

3. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    to remove contacts first you must clean well your hands with steriliser soap or similar then be brave and put your fingers in your eyes and remove the contact, try touching the outsides or its hard to remove them

4. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ask a friend who knows how to do it.

5. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you using hard or soft contacts?

And yes, please make sure your hands are clean when you try to remove them.

6. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh the good ol' touch your eye ...
    I remember a few years ago when i was painting my ceiling, and a big ol' paint drop dropped in my right eye, it was a bummer to take it out ...
    Before that i never thought it was possible to touch my own eye ...

lots of water helped and i removed that blob of wet paint ( not acrylic paint, but washable paint for walls ) with my fingers, then went to see an eye doctor, all was ok except for some minor irritation that went away in 1 day ^_^

SpecTreX and strayCat0 like this.
  7. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Make sure your hands are clean. Then, pull your bottom eyelid down with your other hand/finger and apply more pressure on your eyeball while pinching the lenses. Or you can also pull down your bottom lid, look upwards/forward, and use your pointer finger and apply pressure on your eyeball while sliding downwards until the contact folds.
    I got contacts recently too and it takes me a long time to take them out too haha. My eyes start watering a lot from all the attempts.

8. OnigaImasuka

OnigaImasuka A devil in disguise

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all personal preference and experience. With time you'll find what works for you.

My way is placing my (clean) finger on the contact lens and then looking elsewhere, usually up. This will move the lens to the edge of the eye where it'll will be easier to pinch it or simply drag it out of the eye via the edges. Also, the drier the finger and lens is the more likely I find it for the lens to actually attach itself to my finger and thereby remove itself from the eye.

I personally find it disconcerting to try removing the lens when it's on top of the iris and pupil, so I do recommend you trying to move it off the iris at least before attempting anything.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Kidyeon likes this.
  9. dmanner

dmanner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a little technique that might help.

As everyone else has said before, make sure your fingers are clean. I personally like to drip a little bit of saline solution on the fingers that I'll use to extract the contact lens. With your non dominant hand, palm facing towards you, use your middle finger and pry up the upper lid. With your dominant hand, palm facing towards you, make a finger gun gesture with thumb and pointer finger. Then with the middle finger of your dominant hand, pry the lower lid down and with the finger gun gesture; make a pinching gesture. Do it slowly until you feel the contact lens pop out. This always works for me. Goodluck!

10. LuminaDawn

LuminaDawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make sure your hands are clean. The way I do it is, with my left hand I pull my upper eyelid up and with my right, I pull my bottom eyelid down. I use my middle fingers to do this. With the index finger of my right hand, I pull/drag the lens down and pinch with my index and thumb. Then pull.

11. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
    Heres a tutorial

12. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    After a few weeks you'll be able to finger your own eye without even minding it.

naghi32 likes this.
  13. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm trying to do that, i have no issue touching my eyes. It just won't pop out

14. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    Soft contacts
    This worked, thanks a whole bunch