Discussion Lina in the Mahouka Movie?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Tinkerlin, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Tinkerlin

Tinkerlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so after watching the movie i got abit confused, Lina seems to already be an established character in the movie so do they assume whoever is watching has already read the books? and if so, does this take place after the Vampire Arc? and if so why does she still dress like that at the start of the movie? am i missing some OVA or something?

2. eeveryday

eeveryday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in the manga she was with both of them in the same shool as a transfer student or so i think.

3. vide

vide M E T A L H E A D

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the movie takes place after the vampire art...

4. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    The only Lina I know is too good to be involved with mahouka something.
    DRAGON SLAVE!
    [​IMG]

Sythellri likes this.
  5. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    that Lina is on fiery lass~

6. gandalf

gandalf Patriarch "You Shall Not Pass"

Reading List:
    Link
    the movie was not in the LN's....if i was right

7. RedWingFM

RedWingFM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is after her arc. And even dates are present (26 March - 3 April 2096), if I'm not wrong, Tatsuya will go to the next year.

8. Tinkerlin

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right
    This i know, but the part that confuses me is that if people havent read they books they wouldnt know who she is right? And if it did take place after the vampire arc then she should know that her outfit at the airport is like 100 years out of date or something....

9. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Movie is adapted from the 11th vol. side story.
    It is, but most only downloaded or read the main story lines while disregarding the side stories, probably, and as for me, I was clueless that there were side stories for each or most volumes till the 18th (where Eng TL stops). I even missed the illustrations! Damn it, if only I could read Japanese and buy the printed version, but unfortunately, I cannot.

10. Tinkerlin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, she was an exchange student, exchanged with shizuku

Ahhhhh okay, thank you so much, and i didnt know there were side stories either.... i have been enlightened

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  11. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a shocker for me as well, when I realize it was canon. Though I don't know if the side stories from vol. 1 - 18 are translated or not, and even had digital copies for download.

12. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I really think Lina is the best girl... but I also love Mayumi... They are both gun users and closest thing to Tatsuya in terms of ability

Tinkerlin likes this.
  13. Captain127

Captain127 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn didn't know there was side stories for each vol! and damn, I always imagined when tatsuya used his magic it just happens like an object vanishes, no fancy stuff like in the lab.

14. Sythellri

Sythellri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at the start of the movie, she just returned from Japan. The timeline is right after they parted ways at the airport in Vol 11
    there is an aside story for every single volume. The spoilers are available on the wiki. I recommend reading them because at the rate the translation is going, we will never get to see them in English
    what you mean by closest in ability?I think they have no similarities in magic usage. Lina specializes in acceleration, Mayumi specializes in convergence and Tatsuya specializes in decomposition/regrowth.
    there is only a few side stories. There isn't one for every single volume

15. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh~ Even the illustrations are very nice. Though I still find the relationship between Lina and Tatsuya volatile, if you've seen the movie, because I don't know when, but it seems there might be a buildup for WW IV in future volumes (I don't read summaries, it ruins the surprise) which might center around Tatsuya, or not.

16. Sythellri

Reading List:
    Link
    If I had my way, there would be some super climactic fight between Tatsuya and Lina where if she loses, it will harm all the people of the USNA whom she fights for. She hates the USNA high command but cannot deny them because they defend the citizens. She knows she will lose against the now infamous God of Destruction but goes all out anyways overdrawing and burning her magic calculation area just to keep up in her first fight vs Tatsuya where he simply has nothing to hold him back. She finally admits she loves him but that doesn’t matter because this fight determines the well-being of the USNA and isn’t limited to just the two of them anymore. Obviously she loses but she puts up a great fight because Tatsuya simply doesn’t want to kill her. In the end, he accomplishes his goal but something stirs in his philosophy.

The epiloogue of this fight is Lina losing her magic (like the Juumonji clan head). She just appears one day outside the Shiba household and asks them if she can stay. With a smile, they except her as one of them since she’s retired anyways nobody really cares.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  17. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    This part seems illogical, because Tatsuya would kill her without hesitation due to Miyuki being dead now. Don't forget that Tatsuya was designed to completely destroy the material world except spirits (another type of composition) the moment Miyuki dies. He is a living nuclear weapon, don't forget that.

18. Sythellri

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he pities her for being similar to him as a magic weapon

19. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't all magicians in the common era already established as living weapons, but due to the responsibilities magicians hold for their respect countries and the policies that uphold both municipal and international laws which govern the power balance between countries/nations; magicians are able to live with their basic humans rights as normal citizens to some degree. Those magicians from more old and prominent families are constraint more-so than average magicians, and this goes even more for strategic-class magicians who are living deterrents for their country; so yes, both her and him have similarities when it comes to their status as strategic-class magicians, but its quite a norm already for the social-political stances citizens and their country's magicians have, with cases like human extremist who are against the current regime of magicians. This is heavily implied now as in vol. 18, where though magicians are superhuman compared to normal citizens, they are still human, and a magician can only do so much, regardless of their magic calculation area's advantages; take for example Tatsuya had to ask help from his master to counter Lina's Parade, yeah?

Okay, I went astray from the topic: point is, Tatsuya will likely eliminate Lina and everyone else as he biologically designed to from the countless experiments done unto him by his mother and aunt, with the experiment modifying both his magic calculation area and psyche to that of war machine let loose the moment the limiter is gone, which the limiter is Miyuki through Pledge.

20. deanadiktus

deanadiktus day-night reversal

Reading List:
    Link
    I am much more interested with lina using gun shape cad for heavy metal burst... in the LN she used Brionac with that spell