Novel Yuusha Isekai! Youjo Suki! [Ch 1-152]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by eharper256, Jun 28, 2017.

1. eharper256

eharper256 Purveyor of Dubious Medicinal Elixirs [since 1885]

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 109
    STRANGE OFFERINGS

I look away from the Crawler, and I see Kaede bends in twain, apologising to everyone as they gather around.

"I am truly regretful for leaving you. And for concealing myself until now. I hope you all will re-accept me as part of this team, yes?"

Aria's mouth bends in an S shape briefly.

"It won't happen again? You rather scared me, for sure..."

"I... no. I will not allow foolish madness to overtake me again. I am firm now, as your spear, Aria-sama. I have... sorted out what plagued my thoughts, yes..."

"Um... what changed?" Kiku queries.

Kaede sighs.

"I decided, after all... that I cannot be merely a blade. I have stop denying. Nii-sama is... I simply love Elijah, much like the rest of you."

There is a collective sigh.

A few weeks ago, I would have thought this a tremendously fucked up situation. I wouldn't have believed it.

Aren't I lucky?

I pet Kaede on the head, and this time, unlike before, she reacts and pushes her head up, practically purring.

"What is wrong with us all?" Aria rolls her eyes.

"Much silly maidens, Arry-chan. Beyond thought. Desire all consuming." Kali squirms.

"Who the heck is Arry?!?" Aria exclaims.

"Is you?" Kali cocks her head. "Is Arry, Ki, Kae, Serri and Rish. And aniki."

I noticed this partially before, but it seems Kali is fond of shortening more than just her own name. She likes arbitrarily assigning nicknames to others.

"Um... 'Arry' is sweet." Kiku grins.

"Hehe... I should try Arry as well. You've already always called me Rish! Hee-hee!" Rishya comments.

I laugh and Aria sighs.

"Jeez... I should re-institute requiring to call me 'your majesty'. I'm lax and then this happens..." Aria sighs again.

"I also think Arry is pretty cute." I say, rubbing her face.

She blinks her big blue eyes and cocks her head.

"Do you now? W-Well... I guess its fine then." She smiles wryly.

"Ha! Quick to mind change when Aniki agrees!" Kali snickers and the other girls laugh.

"S-shut up!" Aria blushes. "Sendervil's mercy... j-just do whatever you want."

"Ok." I kiss her. So cute! She responds briefly, caught up in the moment, but then pulls away.

"Agh! Shit! I shouldn't say that in front of Elijah. It... it doesn't apply for this!" She spins away and crosses her arms in an X shape.

"The new law already has a clause?" I laugh.

She facepalms.

Kaede suddenly bursts out in a lyrical laughter, crouching and holding her sides. I look incredulously in her direction and so do the others. This is new. I like it though.

"Ahahaha! Why is it... why do I only find this hilarious? S-surely I should have... jealousy or such, yes... but it seems..."

"Fufufu... quite so... mmmm... the boy's ability to tame women is truly quite frightening, is it not?"

"Yes... It is, Seria-sama." Kaede nods.

Truly, I don't get why myself. But let’s run with it.

"In any case, shall we proceed?" I ask.

"There is only one other way, right?" Rishya says, looking behind her.

"So it appears" Aria nods.

"Um... I would have possibly suggested prying a plate off this Crawler again... but this one is very big. Will that fit in your bag, Rish?" Kiku checks, banging the nearby chitin with her gauntlet.

"No way!" Rishya shakes her head.

"Would one of the teeth suffice as proof?" I ask.

"Mmmm... I guess." Seria nods.

Fortunately, it appears a few of the fangs of its sandworm mouth snapped off, so I pick up one of those and hand it to Rishya who sequesters it away in her tote bag with a whistling crack noise.

We then start to move on, formation reforming to what it was in previously. I didn't appear to level up this time, but get the sense that I can't be very far off again.

"We did very well this time, didn't we, Onii-chan?" Aria smiles sweetly.

"Yup! We got by without injuries!" Rishya seems happy. I guess less work is good for her.

"Are you still good for your explosives, boy?" Seria asks.

"Yes." I nod. "I still have plenty. Though if this pace carries on, I don't know how long for."

"Hm... speaking of which... you used one, didn't you, Kaede?"

Kaede looks embarrassed.

"Uh... yes."

I actually didn't notice one had gone before. I guess... yeah, the only answer is that she took it when I was in jail with Aria, right?

"Your weapons are actually easy to use, Nii-sama." She nods, looking away. She seems uneasy about something. Ah!

"Don't worry. I'm not worried about you stealing it. It's fine."

She looks up and squirms, her mouth open. She's really not used to being forgiven, is she?

"Take another, then. Just ask in future. With your agility, it really might help. Just be careful around the fire and electricity."

I pull one out and hand it her.

"I... no... you should keep it..." she blushes for some reason, pushing it away.

"It will... I will worry about it, yes?" She grimaces.

Hm. I guess if she causes an explosion again with that Blazefall thing, it might blow her up.

It's actually a good job that her electrical move didn't set me off, actually.

That would have been pretty stupid, getting saved and then being blown to giblets.

Hm. I guess she has a point.

"As you like. You're probably right, it could be dangerous for you to hold."

I put it away.

"Nn... in many ways..." She has a difficult expression.

Whatever does that mean?

Well whatever... in any case... I wonder what's next?
    ------
    Poor Arry Aria. She's so easy to manipulate. :D

2. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    Nearly forgot: I posted a new collection of images to accompany a new best girl survey at RoyalRoadL. If you missed the survey here, try that one out, since apparently you cannot delete old surveys on this forum, and so I can't repeat it here.

I'll also re-post all the new images below, though, and you can also get them from this Imgur gallery.
    Without further ado: The Girls at Rest collection.

[​IMG]
    "Onii-chan!? Did you get lost in the castle? Or did you need me...? Hehe..."

[​IMG]
    "Um... I'd like to eat, have a bath, and have Nii!"

[​IMG]
    "Nii-sama... a summer shower is... calming to the heart, yes?"

[​IMG]
    "Well, if it isn't the boy? Fine wine and books surely is match made in heaven, fufufu..."

[​IMG]
    "Elijah-sama! Isn't this place brilliant!? It's so bright! L-like me you say?! Ehehe..."

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Much resting had already, Aniki. Kali content. What is talking about now you wanted?"

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. SilverxCalibur

SilverxCalibur ...

Reading List:
    Link
    This is where my readership comes to an end. As a guy with three sisters, I can't tell you how disgusted I am hearing this red pill crap from a character that is supposed to be an older brother. To equate not being an asshole with oppression is just wrong on so many levels.

4. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    What he's saying is; he previously felt shackled. He didn't want to make a move on the girls because society had basically told him he would be bad, be punished for doing so. This is part of his thought process to work out how he should approach this rather un-traditional harem he's managed to develop.

Wouldn't you be looking over your shoulder all the time in our world if you were around six underage girls and they were all being affectionate with you? I sure as hell would.

Heck, in real life, I'm reasonably confident, but I still couldn't approach a girl in some settings. Not even just a loli, obviously I wouldn't do that, but I'm talking of, lets say a female colleague at work. I'm always, always thinking about seeming non-threatening in interactions like that. If you see an attractive woman, you check her out, but when you're not a supermodel yourself you kind of feel the urge to do it discreetly, don't you? You can't suddenly flirt with her: the expectations of society hold you back, you think: oh sods, if I do this, could something bad happen?

Is it a pointless fear? Maybe. Maybe she'll appreciate you being interested. Maybe that will make her feel good about herself. But maybe you'll suddenly find yourself at the end of a warning from a boss or a policeman. Maybe shit will be smeared about you on social media, making it even worse these days. That fear is always with you.

So, maybe this is just me, and I'm channelling through Elijah (which of course all authors do), but personally I really don't see it as 'red pill crap'. I'm trying to challenge what I see as a real issue.

Nevertheless, thankyou for reading as far as 86. I hope you enjoyed it up until that point.

5. cranston

cranston Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That 2nd pic is a nightmare. looks like face of hunchback of notre dame.
    Real creepy.

And I love your work. GJ

6. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    People get scared of Kiku's ORLY smile, don't they? :D

Thanks for reading!

7. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE SR
    BICENTENNIAL MAIDEN

Now with Kaede back in tow, we continue to ply the depths.

My arm is still rather sore. I truly have never felt such a bizarre poison. It felt as though my very life was leaking out the cut. It even stung as the light sealed it up.

To be honest, it has given me more respect for Kali, taking several spines directly. Even if it was idiotic to charge at an unknown factor. I am aware that I am not the most durable of girls, especially away from my tower, but that is quite an insane level of pain, just from a scratch. For it be multiplied twice, three, four times... more even. And to only collapse and complain?

The things one learns.

I had thought myself at the apex of human knowledge. But that is pure hubris, isn't it?

Even Sages can continue to learn. The boy and the others have taught me this.

Understanding love as well. I thought I understood this topic, because of Velour, and because of Lillianne. Previous Thunder Sages memories of men they desired.

And I thought even I had some experience with my parents, my little brother, and with master, and with Alice.

But those kinds of affection... and the thoughts of others... they hold very few light spirits to the frightening void that is love.

Love and lust for the boy.

I apparently am quite diseased by love. Inflicted and conflicted.

And it is a worse pain than the poison, limited to my small black heart.

It gives me worries that an old bag should not have at her age. If I was as old in body as I am in spirit, doubtless I would have been ground to dust by this worry.

Although... if that were the case, regular diseases would have taken me already, of course.

Perhaps I am starting to begin to understand the fervour... the fury... of a maiden in love.

All I want is for the boy to touch me. Hug me like he did when we studied together last, and my past of slavery came up.

It warmed me.

That is truly bizarre. Is a woman... nay... a human, little more than an empty vessel one is meant to fill with love?

Hehe... fufufu... filling me up with warmth.

W-Whatever crazy things am I considering!? Goodness!

I blush to myself and swoon involuntarily. It is good that the boy is not looking right now.

I observe him speaking to the princess, heat on my breath.

"Um... Seria... are you okay?"

Unfortunately, this one is always needlessly sharp.

"Mmmm... I am fine. It feels as though I am complaining needlessly, but it appears that I am still mildly poisoned. How embarrassing." I try to be funny.

"Whhhhaaattt?" Rishya jets over, instantly putting her hand on my head.

Shit. This one was listening as well.

"Cripes! Seria-sama! You are burning up!" She looks distraught. "Ack... for us to miss this!"

"N-no! It's fine, truly...!" I panic and fluster in a flap. Unusual for me.

"Michael! Check her...!"

Well shit.

"I..." Rishya looks wide eyed at me.

I heard light spirits gave a good read on emotional states sometimes. So… I'm busted. What an embarrassing lack of control!

"Are you okay, Seria? Do you need to rest?"

Adding to the issue, the boy is of course needlessly diligent at times like this.

My embarrassment turns into my heart speeding up again. For Kinah's sake! I've come to cliff and plummeted straight off it! Shit!

"I... am fine." I force out. But my heart is disappointed that I do.

He nods and looks at Rishya.

"Is she really?" He squints. Damn it! Why can't this man be dense! I am going out of control, my love only surging at his concern.

I force myself to look away. But Rishya re-appears in my vision, giving me a flat look with her ruby eyes. She plants her forehead to mine, filling my vision, as if directly testing my temperature.

I am grateful, of all things.

//I am truly sorry, Rishya//It appears I have a fever//But it is not your fault//

...! Seria-sama?! This...

She replies with her mind, learning even quicker than the boy. Of course, she is an annoying prodigy.

She gives a wry, knowing smile, rolling her eyes.

...Your feelings for Elijah-sama are quite intense, Seria-sama. Hahaha... you want me to lie, then?

//Please...//All is ok, correct?//

Really... should I not tell the truth? I am, after all, quite a good girl... !... Shut up, Michael! What? Oh fine...!

Ah... she really does talk directly to her spirit. I was suspicious... and might be fascinated any other moment.

But right now...

//You should express yourself, Seria-sama//Elijah-sama should not be...//

What!? She directly projected back to me!? She learnt that quickly!?

//Ah... very well...//Your panic is truly adorable!//You owe me one!//

She pulls away.

"She truly fine, Elijah-sama. Medically." She gives him a radiant grin as she lies through her teeth. But that clause at the end… this woman!

Not much can scare me. But how frightening.

Elijah cocks his head and sighs.

"If you say so. I'm glad you're okay, Seria." He smiles, and then he ruffles my head like he does to Kiku.

I want to chitter like she does.

For fucks sakes.

"Fufufu... Do not worry about me, boy... we must continue to make you stronger!" I boast, puffing out my flat chest.

He nods, and moves away.

Rishya pats me on the shoulder forcefully with a bang, giving me a grin, and I involuntarily sigh.

Kiku squints at us scarily, her mouth turning into a flat line, but she eventually dismisses it, shakes her head, and moves on to follow the boy, the ninja and the princess.

I carry on as well. Rishya is still looking at me in a sidelong glance.

//You are welcome, Seria-sama//

This situation has become really annoying. Hah...

8. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    As people in RRL were also saying this Kiku was scary, I amended her, and added a new version. Poor Kiku. Still, I like the new one as well.

9. cranston

cranston Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Still creepy.
    It's the shape of the eyes.
    Tis not natural.:LOL:
    Uncanny valley

10. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    T_T Poor Kiku.

Did you also dislike the Red Dress version of her, by the way? The RoyalRoadL crowd loved that version.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  11. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 110
    DISTORTIONS

I got the impression that Seria was being strange. But then again, she's a pretty odd girl.

She might have been hiding something? Well... then again, she is basically a walking tome of ancient secrets given her age.

Compared to her...

I know nothing.

Hehe... do that in your best silly fake Italian voice.

I know nothing!

I snicker to myself, getting a strange look from Aria and Kiku, whom are flanking me. Kali is in the middle with Kaede, and our mage girls are lagging behind a bit.

The depths are pretty crazy. It switches back to some kind of dark cathedral theme all of a sudden, with brickwork and stone tiled floors taking over from the previous cavernous dungeon littered with obvious traps.

We all come to an overlooking ledge and bunch up, to look down below...

What the hell is that?

Walking resolutely round and around in circles... are twenty... things...

It reminds me of a strange YouTube video I saw once of birds circling a corpse.

But in this case, at the centre is an honest to goodness gout of purple fire. A necrofire, of course. It is by far the biggest one of those I've seen. It is like a pyre, big enough for two of those big skeletons to walk out abreast, and roaring with intensity.

The things... are like poorly made clay people. A rusty red colour. Stubby legs and arms connected to a torso, but no head. The chest has its own grinning mouth, and each arm has hands with three fat fingers. No discernible eyes, but they are avoiding the fire well enough, and their constant circling is actually highly precise. I get the impression if I looked from above, it would actually be a perfect circle.

"What are those things?" Aria asks for me.

"Mmm... honestly... I have no idea..." Seria shrugs.

"They creep me out... ugh..." Rishya comments, grabbing my sleeve. I pat her head.

Kiku looks shocked as if she just figured out something but missed the timing. Heh... yes... girls acting scared is a frightening thing, isn't it?

Aria rolls her eyes.

"Well, Elijah, the only way out is through. Should we engage?" Aria asks.

I ponder.

This is an unknown factor. That's kinda risky. But we have our own ambush and height advantage for once, as they seem to be entirely distracted by their... ritual?

"The necrofire is most concerning. Will reinforcements arrive?" I whisper.

"Mmm... it is strange, that... it doesn't feel that oppressive here." Seria notes.

"Nn, the void is surprisingly weak." Rishya agrees.

That’s strange.

It couldn't be... the creatures are... pacifying it?

Suddenly, they all stop circling.

Uh oh.

Then they all pivot simultaneously as one, facing our direction. Rishya squeaks involuntarily. It is a very disconcerting thing.

Well... it may be a moot point. Will they...

I start to dodge pre-emptively, and yank Rishya down with me in a roll. She squeals. I barely avoid the swipe of the thing, and actually feel nauseous.

What!?

Suddenly they are there, everywhere, surrounding us. Their entire circle transmitted here.

Kiku and Aria react violently, both stabbing the creature closest to them. Kaede cartwheels away and leaves Kunai in a third.

The creatures hit... explode in a cloud of black dust and smoke.

Unfortunately, with how close they are, my dodge away from one only takes me into the range of another.

It hits.

Everything goes hazy.

I feel as though my stomach has just shifted sideways, and my ears pop.

What!?

I am suddenly elsewhere, a cavern with an underground lake.

Rishya was brought with me, and has fallen on her rear in the shallow part of the water about six paces away, grimacing.

And the thing came as well. It is now some distance away.

The others have gone!

These things are some kind of dimension shifters!?

It charges at Rishya suddenly, blinking and flash stepping, and suddenly gaining massive scythe-like claws. She screams in panic, backing up against a rock ineffectually and dropping Michael. Fortunately, her backwards fumble makes the claw just cut off her hat and hit the rock in a screeching spray of sparks.

I need to protect her!

A vial will blow her up! Electricity will kill her if she's in water!

Almost involuntarily, I fumble and draw Kiku's sword from my waist, leaping at the thing with a clumsy attempt at a swing.

I need to hit it! She'll die!

Bizarrely, it hits.

I take off an arm, and then the backswing cleaves it in twain.

I thought I was short, terribly misjudging the distance, but apparently, I'm better than I first thought. It was still a shoddy attack. I almost fall over from being unbalanced.

The creature explodes into dust, like the ones Aria and Kiku hit.

It seems there was just the one of the creatures here. Fortunately.

Rishya sneezes repeatedly from being covered in swirling dust. Or is it... ashes?

I rush up to her.

"Rishya! Are you okay!?"

"Achoo! Eh!? Eh!? Elijah-sama...?" She looks at me with her red eyes wide as I grab her shoulders.

"You... you saved me!" She whispers.

"Err... apparently... mayb..." I stutter.

She leaps up and cuts off what I was about to say, pressing her body against me and kissing me.

She pulls away slightly, but her nice chest is still rubbing up against my arm. She's rather soaked, understandably.

"I... I am grateful..." she looks away bashfully, blushing.

She then creases her brow.

"Ummm... but where did you get that sword?" She asks, cocking her head quizzically.

Huh? I've had it for awh...

What I am holding is certainly not a short-sword, anymore.

It has extended.

It's now like a comically long rapier.

What the heck happened...?!?

12. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    Slightly NSFW

CHAPTER 111
    STRENGTH AND LOVE

As I stare, slack-jawed at the sword, it...

It retracts.

It resumes the shape of a short-sword. I almost drop it in fright, but it almost feels warm... almost... happy that it hit something for me.

What?!?

"Uh... m-metal manipulation...? D-didn't y-you have a Thunder Spirit, Elijah-sama?" Rishya sounds confused.

I'm also confused as all hell.

It's been weeks, but I call up my status.

----------------
    ELIJAH

LVL 6 ETRANGER
    SUMMONED HERO OF JERALDINE

----------------
    HP>> 97/118 (=STR+END+50)
    MP>> 46/55 (=INT+PER)

30 YEARS OLD
    (-6 YEARS APPEARANCE BOOST DUE TO SUMMON POWER)

SKLPNT>> 0 (53 USED)

STATUS>>
    ETRANGER REGENERATION (Permanent, +1 HP per Minute)
    TRANSLATION FUNCTION (Permanent)
    ----------------
    Strength 9 (+13)
    Agility 7 (+13)
    Endurance 13 (+13+20)
    Intellect 19 (+13)
    Perception 10 (+13)
    Charisma 12 (+13)

----------------
    (4) <<Civil Servant IV>> (Increases skill with Paperwork, treats Endurance as +40 higher when completing it; original skill)
    (7) <<Humanities Degree>> (Gives appreciation for Literature and Art, boosts Base Intellect by +5; original skill)
    (6) <<Anime Otaku EX>> (Has withstood pain to watch many animes, read many manga and LNs and WNs. Reduces Base Charisma by -2, Boosts Base Endurance by +5; original skill)
    (3) <<Gamer III>> (Has an extensive gaming knowledge and good skill level; not quite a Pro. Boosts Base Perception by +1; original skill)
    (3) <<Gamesmaster III>> (Wide experience in running Tabletop Roleplaying Games, +3 Charisma and Intellect when running a game or telling stories; original skill)
    (1) <<Hardware I>> (Experience in constructing own computers)
    (6+?) <<Lolicon EX-S>> (Can defensive support young girls, and take damage from them, with a +60 Endurance bonus. +7 Charisma when viewed by girls aged 11-15; original skill)
    (S) <<Protection of Earth II>> (+13 to all stats; boost as level rises)
    (S) <<Summoned Charge of Princess Aria Jeraldine>> (Mutual High Affection: Gains +15% XP gain when in close proximity to Summoner, Summoner able to request and receive ‘Protection of Earth II’ in times of need.)
    (S) <<Multivultus Scientia>> (Ougi of Earth: Earth's power is to allow all potential skills ever learnt by its people, and stored in its collective Akashic Record, to be learnt by its Etranger. Still requires Experience and meeting prerequisites, but no limit on total knowledge and acquired knowledge, and skills witnessed by the Earth Etranger get added to the collective memory as well, as an Earthling is witnessing them. Chant this skills name to activate the full skill-forest.)
    (1) <<Identify Other>> (A supernatural ability; allows viewing the status of others)
    (1+3) <<Improvised Explosives II>> (Allows creation of bombs with impact, lit, and mechanical fuses)
    (1) <<Explosives Compound Appraisal>> (Allows instinctual identification of explosive ingredients)
    (2) <<Explosives Chemistry>> (Allows creation of nitroglycerin weapons from relevant improvised ingredients)
    (1) <<Bojutsu I>> (Basic Theory of Stave-combat usage)
    (1) <<Combat Fitness I>> (??? training regime, gives a +10 bonus to Endurance)
    (2+3) <<Exceptional Vitality II>> (??? training fosters exceptional resilience beyond norms and appearance, +10 bonus to Endurance and bonus +50 HP)
    (3) <<Power Throw>> (Arms specialised in throwing pitches and shot-putts. Trebles throw distance.)
    (1+2) <<Precognitive Evasion>> (Chance to dodge even if unaware of threat, +10 to Agility for dodges made proactively, upgrade of Heightened Threat Awareness)
    (X) <<Minor Shock>> (Basic Thunder Magic, 1 MP. Spontaneously creates burst of low-level static electricity)
    (2) <<Spark Cannon>> (Foundation Thunder Magic, costs 6 MP, Fires a scatter burst of electric discharges, grounds quickly, but may paralyse.)
    (X) <<Metal Manipulation>> (Basic Metal Magic, 4 MP. Can manipulate the density of metal items on an atomic scale, changing their dimensions. New metal cannot be created.)

----------------

I’ve certainly gained quite a list… my stats have gotten higher, and I’m probably now the second most durable party member, not that this means much, that light claw slash from the creature stripped at least 21 HP it seems… but the biggest surprise… Metal manipulation...

"Elijah-sama? Are you ok?" She looks concerned now.

"So... it seems... I now have two spirits?"

"Whaaaaat!? That's... surely not possible!" Rishya exclaims, jumping up and balling her fists.

"I don't get it either... but for certain I now have both Thunder and Metal magic basics."

She puts her hand to her temple, closing her eyes, in thought.

"Ah!" She suddenly exclaims. "You... when I healed you from the demon attack... I took out a wad of metal that had stabbed you below the shoulder."

Oh... that... I now have a scar there. Right... the severed wrist kind of took my attention, but that did happen as well.

So... wait...

"So… I had a second spiritual harrowing, Rishya?"

She grimaces.

"It is insane. It should not be possible. But that is the only thing I can think of..."

I guess... it kind of makes sense. I wouldn't have noticed passing out because that happened anyway. And any strange feelings upon waking would have been distracted away by the naked Aria.

It concerns me, because Seria's lesson indicated that you cannot have two spirits. They conflict and destroy you from within.

But then... didn't we recently have the mystery of Kaede's jutsu's of several elements as well?

And it has been a fair while and I've not felt bad.

Perhaps... is an Etranger except from the usual rules again here?

Well... I guess it’s pointless to dwell on it too hard.

"Well... I don't get it... but let's go with that for now." I shake my head. "More importantly, where the heck is this?"

Rishya jumps and looks around. I don't think it had sunk in that this wasn't the strange room with the circling creatures anymore.

"W-what...? Why did we..."

"Those weird creatures... they could teleport. Who knows where in the dungeon we are now..." I explain.

She gets a weird smile, blushing and looking shy.

"We should look around, right?" I say.

"Eh! Oh... yes... let’s look around."

She's gone strangely meek all of a sudden.

"C-can I hold your hand...!?" She suddenly shouts.

How brazen!

But I'm a filthy pervert already... so I grab her hand straight away.

She gets a big smile, so cute!

We searched high and low in the cavernous lake. A beach extends all the way around it, and it is rather shallow all the way in, except a dubious dark pit near the centre, which, going by its depth, is presumably where the water comes from.

We're now stood next to a peculiar field of nocturnal flowers. They glow with a radiance resembling blue leds. They seem to grow around a strange slab of stone, that almost feels like it’s a missing piece of Stonehenge. But translation function-san gives me no idea of what the runes on the stone mean. If they mean anything.

It's a surprisingly bright and flora-heavy area. There are also weird large luminescent mushrooms everywhere in this section that Rishya titled 'Fat Helmets'. Heh... that reminds me of making fortresses of dwarves.

Speaking of things liable to cause tantrum spirals though...

"T-there... there's no way out... is there?"

Rishya's lip quivers and her squeeze of my hand tightens.

But this is indeed the final part of the cavern we hadn't yet checked. There is no way out, apparently. Not even an obvious collapsed tunnel I could try a vial on or anything.

I mean... randomly bombing the walls isn't going to be productive, is it? I could even cause a collapse.

This is the problem with games that have random teleport mechanics. Haha... not that this is a game, for sure.

Rishya sneezes and shivers.

"Are you okay?"

"I... uh... I couldn't be better!" She exclaims, but it’s terribly forced. She sneezes again.

I grasp her in a hug. She squeaks and tries to get away, but quickly realises the futility of this exercise.

It seems she is still soaked.

Of course. I forgot.

"You're such a liar..."

She looks at me with her eyes swimming.

"D-don't y-you... like that about me?" She gives strange smile and fidgets.

"Not when you hurt yourself." I say, strongly. I squeeze her and then let her go.

"Hmm...? T-then... It seems, Elijah-sama... that I am very cold."

She blushes and looks up again, making strange motions with her boot. It's distractingly cute.

But what can I do? I wonder if I can make a fire somehow? Would mushrooms burn if I can sprinkle part of a vial there and use my tinderbox?

But suddenly, she pulls her top and under-slip off in a single motion.

Being shocked at this... all I can think, seeing her lovely wet bosom bounce is...

I want to touch it.

I really am an irredeemable pervert even in this situation...

But...

"If we are going to be stuck here..."

She glomps me again, pressing herself up against me and whispering...

"T-then... can you warm me up?"

R-right... that's an option as well. I gulp.

And as ever, it seems my restraint when confronted by a girl like this is non-existent.

I push her down like a furious beast...
    -------
    Another one bites the dust. :D

13. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE C4
    INVASION PLANS

"What is next, mi'lord?" Raum Si'vesj asks me.

His efficiency does him proud as usual. Arrayed on the square below are many of my finest demons from the guard. Seventy-Five warriors milling around, sitting and being sociable in a meal. Their last supper, I suppose.

"Is my brother...?" I start.

"I am here..." Hestos says.

He is a truly massive demon. He is even half a klecksel bigger than me. His grey face is crisscrossed with battle scars, and his bulging muscles ripple, barely contained by several leather straps that secure two pole-axes to his huge back. Though I'm no slouch in melee, due to my extra arms, I'm still not confident I could beat him soundly without the Void's assistance. He is truly one of the greatest demon warriors.

"Your plans are insane as usual, little brother." He grins.

"What can I say. Great need brings great madness." I nod.

"Are you certain you wish to use all of the crystals?" He asks, rubbing his chin.

"Could we use them more effectively than this?" I reply.

He ponders for a second.

"Perhaps not. The troops are doing well. A morale crush of the enemy is indeed a good idea. I like it. It is just... it is unlike you to choose such a brazen plan."

"Furfur's incompetence in underestimating Jeraldine has cost us time and again. The other human nations are now cowering behind them. Tessalatoria is broken. Francazesky lost many of their regulars to the Skull Beast." I cross my arms.

"It is true enough. Jeraldine's morale is only still high due to the aftereffects of that accursed genius princess strategist. The only human with a brain left is the Duke of Carnage." He says.

"Huh... so you've actually started calling him that as well?" I grin.

Hestos shrugs.

"Human or no... I still recognise a fine warrior."

"I suppose that is something we've never seen eye to eye on. I cannot respect any humans." I reply.

He snorts and shrugs.

"Given your position, I wouldn't expect any less. I honestly don't envy you, Flauros."

I sigh.

"You know that it is Cultivator, now, brother. But... indeed. Why the void chose me, I will never know."

"Because you... Cultivator, were the only one willing to take action to save our world. To cultivate a future for us. You are a hero."

I snort in return.

"I will only be remembered as a tyrant, though. The massacres I have wrought..."

"...sacrifice the few to save the many, did you not say?"

I sigh again.

I did not expect the few to be quite literally the few I cared about, though. Vine, Oriel, Kerkyon, Barbatos... and now I am quite likely even sending my brother Hestos to his death.

A king's burden is a lonesome one.

"Do not look so morose. I am aware that it is a one-way trip. We shall give them fire and blood before we walk back here with fresh scars. I promise that much." He grins, flexing dramatically.

I nod.

"Very well. We did promise, long ago, didn't we?"

He snorts affirmative and bangs me on the shoulder. We share a brief glance, and then he looks away, going to join his troops.

I start the preparations, nodding to Marchosias S'lein. He adjusts his large glasses on his snout, raises his staff, and starts to draw glowing purple lines in the ground as he walks.

Despite the hell I am putting demon-kind through, my popularity remains high. I suppose a successful war will do that. The demons were all tired at the moderate policies of the previous demon lords. Year after year, it was always concessions. The fields were grey. More and more Void spirits choked the land, beyond control. I grew up in a city so full of poverty you would have thought it was already suffering from war.

But no. It was the humans.

Their unchecked consumption of spiritual power is ruining the world. They are draining the land dry, the seas. They are too many. They are murdering the spirits in swathes.

And they don't care. They have forgotten the lessons of the original dragon, Rah'lyah. Their own lands have not yet felt it like the demon lands have. They don't look at the narrowing leylines and wonder what might have caused that. They merely lament the loss of quick travel it used to afford. If they even remember that... as they die so quickly and only the powerful, like the Sages, can still use that ability.

The war has served one purpose, at least. It has given us time. Prana has flowed here from other worlds due to humans summoning. Even small amounts are something. This year has been the first in many where the harvest has been plentiful. Strange.

Marchosias S'lein nods as he completes the circles exterior. I feel the void spirits show interest.

I take the small treasure chest that Raum is holding

I go to the podium overlooking the assembled troops, and place the chest down.

"You seventy-five!" I shout, raising my arms. "Are the greatest fighters of demon kind!"

There is a roar of approval.

This lot is truly an eclectic bunch. Male and female demons alike. All sorts of weapons. Even rare mages that use Fire, Water, and Wood spirits. All strangely enthusiastic volunteers.

The foundation is complete, so in just a few hours, I shall tear the void with the remaining Crystals of Despis, and shunt these troops all straight to Jeraldine, ignoring the ley-lines, as I previously did with two of the three Skull-Beasts.

There must be a culling. We will destroy their capital and end this resistance, once and for all.

14. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 112
    CLERIC’S AWAKENING

Likely NSFW

"Elijaaahh-saamma!" Rishya squeals sensually in my ear, trying to wrap her legs around me again despite literally being doused in sweat and other things.

I shiver and pull away from her deliberately.

Cripes... this one was a secret boss encounter!

I thought Aria and Kiku had a serious appetite, but Rish is crazy!

Its twice already, and she is just gone... her body still craving more.

Though my timely boost to endurance means I could go on, and she is lovely enough, I honestly don't think I it’s a good idea for her first experience to be that savage. So...

"Rish... that's it. It’s over." I say, quite forcefully. I need to finish it.

She blinks repeatedly at this. Her red eyes never scared me before... but swimming with barely restrained lust like this... she's like some loli-succubus or something, sent to drain me dry and turn me into a desiccated corpse. A secret demon operative!

"Hah... hahh... it is?" She says, her chest expanding and contracting furiously. A tiny bit of reason leaks in there, at last.

Then her stomach gurgles furiously.

"Ah!" She blushes.

Well, she used a lot of energy.

"Y-yes... err... I guess that will... suffice! Ahem!"

I sigh in relief, and sit down.

She pulls herself up after falling flat a couple of times, crawls over, and snuggles up to me.

We've totally crushed some of these luminous flowers. I feel a bit guilty. But the cavern floor wasn't really a good idea.

"Ah... that was little like I imagined... My hair is ruined! And everything is buzzing quite peculiarly..." she muses, laying her head against my shoulder.

"Did you dislike it?"

I don't think that was the case, but both Aria and Kiku had such comments after.

"Hehe... no... the initial pain was considerable... but... it was truly amazing... it felt like you were adding a piece I was missing for some time!"

She grins, rubbing her own body and flicking fluid off herself. She looks at me sweetly.

"We will have to do this a lot in coming days, Elijah sama! W-when I feel like it, o-of course! Hmmph!"

Oh gods, save me. So tsundere!

"Ah... but it appears I need to eat more next time. I... I guess I don't have to worry about diets if I can indulge in this variety of exercise!"

Oh gods, save me. What have I done!?

"E-Eh... are you warm now, at least?" I try to change the subject.

"Quite so." She nods. "Still wet though... it seems... ugh..."

She picks herself up and staggers around for a second.

"Ouch! Oh... it feels like my legs are numb as well. My goodness..."

It's probably a good thing I stopped when I did. It would have developed from intense to agonising, I imagine.

"Uwah! It’s all dripping as well!" she exclaims. "D-do you think dipping in the lake is a good idea?"

Skinny dipping now, is it?

"Not really..." I say.

It's still chilly in here, and I bet the water is crazy cold. I shiver at the thought.

She looks around and clicks her fingers.

"Ah! Why did I not consider this before! It seems... hehe... my perversion overwrote my sense!" She exclaims, and then she sweeps her arm upwards.

I jump as Michael suddenly leaps from the flowers in a burst of petals, and into her grasp.

"I am more powerful now. Seria-sama said so. Hence..."

A magic formation suddenly bursts around her, her naked body swirling with light.

"Cresisus Supus Unisalis!" She cries, swinging Michael in a wide arc and then tapping the ground.

What's with the sudden crap psuedo-latin, translation-function san?

But then, the magic circle condenses, and a nova of red light explodes from Michael, making me blink.

I suddenly feel warm again, like I was still engaged in our previous activity.

What? A resistance buff, then?

Light spirits, little motes of light, hover around me and Rishya.

"Yes! Yes! I did it! Yesss! Master Manato's best spell! I'm brilliant, aren't I, Michael!?"

She dances around happily. Her jiggling is very distracting.

"Yes, Rishya. Your power is excellent. I am proud."

What? Who? It wasn't me!

"Wow... you can speak better now, Michael, eh? Hehe."

I'm gobsmacked. I blink. Michael can talk? She doesn’t just talk to him…?

"He... certainly can." I say.

Rishya suddenly freezes in place, goes wide-eyed, and stares at me.

"W-what? Y-you heard that, Elijah-sama!?"

"I did." I nod.

"Meeting of our first principle. This spirit offers greetings to the Etranger." Michael says.

"I... indeed. Nice to meet you." I nod, not certain where to look.

"Please do take care of my contractor. Your influence thus far is appreciated. With much love, a light spirit receives much power. So, my power now is quite high. You have my thanks... that is what humans call gratitude, is it not?"

Rishya's mouth is wide, staring at her staff.

"Wow!" She then jumps, giggles furiously and leaps into my arms, laughing and nuzzling me.

"A man I love. Who would have thought... it would be like this?! Someone else can speak with Michael! At last!"

She looks happy. He was speaking all this time in her head? How strange.

Is this normal with spirits? Mine hasn't had a peep. Though there was that odd dream... I'll ask Seria at some point.

I snicker, though.

"You love me, then, Rish?"

"I do." Her response is instant. I didn't expect that, for sure.

"Elijah-sama. I love you very much. You have gained another stupid girl in your collection!" She exclaims, reinforcing her awakened resolve.

With this, at least, her tsundere is finally buried.

"So... do you want to clean up with me?" She grins, sweetly.

I see. With this resisting warmth, even freezing water will be tolerable.

She dashes up the water, giggling, starting to splash around like an excited little girl at the beach.

Her joy is infectious.

Rish really has awakened in lots of ways, hasn't she?

I smile, and walk up to the water, joining her.

15. cranston

cranston Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    re: red dress version

That one is not bad. I think the problem with the orly pic could be the eyes. right now, the inner corners are distinctly lower than the outer corners. i think it's unnatural. try making them level.

16. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, so I've heard at RRL. My attraction to girls with big googly eyes is clearly unnatural. XD

17. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 113
    THE TERROR OF HONESTY

I wash Rishya's back and her hair with the water gently. When its soaked, it goes a little bit less radiantly blonde.

"This... this is nice." She practically purrs. "Perhaps I should have got someone to wash it from time to time..." she ponders.

I splash her entire body to clean her and she shivers slightly. The resistance effect is clearly working, but the lake still does remind one of a cold shower.

"Elijah-sama... do you find me attractive?" She asks out of no-where.

"You're asking this now?!" I snicker.

"I am. Please be honest with me." She replies, still not actually looking at me.

Hmmm... Rishya is...

"Rish is very lovely to me." I say instantly.

I run my hands down her curves. Even at her age, she is already resembling a well-proportioned lady. She has lovely hips, long legs and 'thicc' thighs. Her bottom and midriff are toned and artistic. And of course, she has a nice handful to her chest.

"Rishya is truly, honestly a marvel. I have never seen such physical perfection." I whisper in her ear, and she giggles.

"Quite so. Elijah-sama has good taste. It is always nice to hear such, though. I do worry all the time, as all girls must. I was, after all, quite often stood next to Aria and her big sisters." She laughs.

Yes, Aria is beautiful as well, of course. It’s a different beautiful. Rish is a stack of golden bars. Aria is a silver sculpture; all tall and slender with wonderfully toned legs and a tummy that is somehow both spongey and muscled at the same time. She would giggle when I touched it.

Kiku as well. Her strong arms, her cute round face and swan-like neck, her proud and burgeoning bosom. Only half Rishya's development, but wonderful nonetheless. She would chitter when you kiss her lovely neck.

And this one is also wonderful, petite, wonderful blushes at all the right places, that black and white contrast, and a great confidence in how she carries herself.

Aren't I blessed?

"S-S-Seria-sama!!?!" Rishya exclaims, squirming in my grasp as my hands are still on her.

Seria is crackling with electricity. She managed to warp here somehow?

She immediately facepalms with a smack as she gapes.

"Boy... you do have a talent for greeting me in the nude, don't you?" She groans.

"I live to please." I grin.

Seria looks away, blushing, as I step out from behind Rishya.

"Goodness! Put that away! It’s a dangerous weapon!" She exclaims.

Rishya looks back and giggles, and then looks back at the squirming Seria and gets a dangerous expression.

I think about stopping whatever is planned here. I get an ominous feeling. But my irrepressible urge to bully girls advises me to stay still and see what occurs.

It is, for sure, not what I expected.

The soaked Rish practically charges the uncomfortable looking Seria, hugging her whilst naked.

"Gahhh! What are you...!?"

"Seria-sama! You're raging inside right now, like before, aren't you...?"

Rishya starts tickling Seria's sides, and then rubs her flat chest.

"Nooooo!" Seria squeals. But Rish has turned into some kind of dervish, and though Rishya sure as heck couldn't win a tickle fight with Kali before, I imagine she still has the upper hand on the spindly and petite Sage.

Wow... this is.

Hot.

Rishya has gained some scary moves all of a sudden.

I swear the lake water should be evaporating off me.

"See, Seria-sama? You've made Elijah-sama excited again..."

Seria's eyes are swimming whilst having a glassy lost stare in my direction and she does indeed look feverish. Her chest band tube top has slipped off, and she is drooling.

Wow. She's so tempered normally, but it was all a mask this time, and she's actually a bit of a pervert as well?

She looks surprisingly vulnerable right now, and that's real bad for me and my lack of resolve in situations like this. You would think I wouldn't have anything left in me after the terror of sex with Rish, but...

Maybe Exceptional Vitality was a mistake...

"Master..." I advance on her.

"Ngh... mmmm... n-no... d-don't come!" She cries weakly, but it’s not very convincing.

"I won't if you truly don't want it." I say, leaving that in the air. Rishya also lets her go.

Released, Seria backs up a couple of paces, going as red as blood as she makes biting motions, with her finger in her mouth.

I brush her left twin-tail over her shoulder, and she backs up again, but then trips and falls on her behind into the flowers.

"B-boy..." she squirms and looks away. "I..."

You know what this reminds me of? A vision I had when I learnt Spark Cannon.

"This is unusual for you, master. I've never seen you so meek. It's strange to see you like this, Eri-chan..."

She sharply inhales a breath.

"What!? I... how do you... y-you... know my original name... this is..."

She bursts into tears in the middle of the flowers. Did I go too far?

"What have you done, boy!" She roars, crying, blushing, and writhing all at once.

She stares between my legs, and gulps. Rishya giggles behind a hand.

Seria makes chomping motions, then lets out a massive 'Gaaaaah!'.

Then she snivels, slaps her face with both hands, and glares at me so hard it spikes my danger sense.

"Well!? Kinah's fucking mercy boy! Don't just stand there! Am I truly resisting?! Get between my damn legs already!"

She opens her arms in an inviting posture.

"Yes Master!"

I leap into the flowers again.

------
    Rish decides to 'help' Seria out! How magnanimous!

18. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 114
    A FLOWER ON EACH HAND

"Ugh... what a brute." Seria growls, but doesn't move. She is sprawled out, lying on my chest with Rishya.

"How in the world did you have such vitality still!?" She curses.

"Can I be blamed? You are both magnificent."

Rishya and Seria snicker.

"Too magnificent by far, Elijah-sama..."

"...yet we grace you with our love." Seria finishes.

They look each other in the eye and giggle. Was Seria using that telepathy thing to achieve such a perfect sync in the timing? Surely.

Seria pushes herself up on one elbow, eying me with a scrutinising expression, and looking over her naked self as well.

"Nevertheless, this is one of the few times I have felt my body to be inconvenient." She grimaces.

"It still didn't stop me!" I laugh.

She rolls her chocolate eyes, and pokes my cheek.

"Of course not. You are an irredeemable lolicon pervert gentleman. There. I said it. Happy?"

I grin.

"Very much so, Eri!"

"Oh… shut up! You are not allowed to use that name!" She shouts.

"You didn't seem to mind a few minutes ago. In fact, I seem to recall it made you move on your own?"

She grimaces and blushes.

"That... that! Damn it boy!"

Rishya laughs.

"You can shut up as well. You are fucking terrifying!" She shouts again.

"My pleasure, Seria-sama. Didn't I say I would help you out?"

Seria gawps, and mutters 'fucking terrifying' and 'crazy bitch' under her breath repeatedly like a curse. Her potty mouth right now is enough to match Kiku's. Rishya simply laughs again.

In any case, I guess I can tick off 'loli-threesome' from my 'top ten stupid things to do before I die list'.

That list didn't actually exist of course.

"Well, Seria. Are you content now?"

"I... am..." She looks comfortable.

Then her eyes go wide and her mouth opens.

"Wait... oh gods! I...! I didn't come here for this! Damn boy!"

Seria glares and tries to leap up.

"I was searching for you two, you know! We were all worried sick!" She shouts.

Her anger is somewhat comical though as she then immediately falls flat on her face again, snuggling my chest.

"Kinah's arse!" She blasphemes in a muffled voice, ineffectually punching me in the gut in the process.

"So weak in the legs! It's your damn fault boy!" She whines.

Rishya snickers. "It is somewhat hard to move after, is it not, Seria-sama?"

"The boy's overwhelming vitality is surely to blame? Hah..."

Honestly, I was quite gentle with them. Despite her moaning, she still hasn't attempted to move herself from my chest again, though.

I snicker.

"Oh, shut up!" She shouts, flicking my head. "It cannot be helped that there are gaps in my knowledge in this circumstance!"

Oh? That’s...

"You've not had anyone in all your years, Seria-sama?" Rish asks for me.

"Ah! I-I! Ngh... no..." she goes meek and blushes.

How lonesome. I truly feel sorry for her.

"Nn... well that makes me feel better. I did have a creepy concern that my grandad might have been with you." Rishya sighs.

Uh... I didn't think of that... yeah, that might have been creepy.

"Who do you think I am!? It is not a standard practice to sleep with... students... ugh!" She facepalms. "Gods, what have I done?"

"Hehe... grandad is obsessed with boobs anyway. But I thought it might have been different when he was young."

"Ugh... no... Douglas was always that way inclined... he wouldn't shut up about it."

Rishya laughs and so do I.

I guess that explains his granddaughters. Both Rish and Yuuzu have exceptional assets, and that genetics must have come from somewhere!

Seria properly pulls herself up this time.

"Gah... I have never been so filthy since I was a child!"

"Oh!" Rishya stands as well, and I join her. "Do you need a resista..."

A buzz noise occurs, like someone using a lawn mower for a couple of seconds, and Seria actually blurs.

All of the sweat and other things seem to literally disappear.

"Ah... much better... did you say something?"

"You have a sonic shower!?" I exclaim. Seria cocks her head.

"I have no idea what 'sonn-nik' is, but yes, I can utilise the moisture here in the caverns air with a low level electric field to clean myself. It appears to be rather effective, and even gives a pleasant massaging sensation. A previous sage, the first female one, Lillianne, invented this technique." She laughs.

So yes, a sonic shower. The trekkie in me finds this amusing. I did wonder why Seria never seemed sweaty for long. It's probably too advanced a technique for my little spirit, though.

"Mmm..." she beckons, and then everything blurs in my vision and I feel a bit shocked and tickly.

Wowzers... that does feel nice.

I then feel immensely squeaky clean all over. It makes me shudder as my skin is very confused.

"This! This is brilliant for eliminating the evidence, Seria-sama!" Rishya exclaims. She has also been cleansed.

Seria's eyes go wide and she clears her throat and blushes.

"Ah... right... that was... hmmm... not an intended usage... but now you mention it..." she fidgets cutely, but then resolves herself once more with a breath.

"Frustratingly, though, it does nothing for the gloopy feeling between my legs. Though... perhaps I... didn't want that in any case." She grins strangely.

"We should probably get dressed and get back to the others." I observe, changing from this dangerous subject.

"Mmm... quite so..."

"Yes, that is for the best, Rishya." Michael comments.

Seria almost leaps into the air.

"W-What!? Your spirit!?!" Seria exclaims.

I guess that wasn't normal after all...

19. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE KI3
    MERCENARY ANXIETY

"Shit! Fuck! Bollocks!" I curse repeatedly, stomping the ground and grinding this stupid dust under the heels of my greaves.

I failed to protect him. Already. Again.

Aria puts a hand on my shoulder, but she is clearly worried about Nii as well. Kali and Kaede have sat down to rest.

Seria said she had possibly detected Rishya's magical signature, whatever that means, and teleported off to investigate.

I hope she finds Elijah as well. That thin hope is holding us back from despair.

The whole fight we just had was... quite ludicrous.

I've never seen such bizarre creatures. They had no endurance whatsoever. Even a glancing scratch from my new blades and they exploded.

But that mobility... Flash Step requires intense concentration. It is a metabolic burst, enhanced with ambient magic. One of the few magical things anyone can do with enough training. You don't even need a spirit. It does strain your muscles and heart, and it feels like you're about to catch fire afterwards, you get so hot. And it’s hard to attack with. The interruption in vision. The ears whine that disorients you. It has plenty of flaws.

But not for these creatures.

They skipped around like... like they were never truly here in the first place, like the mirage and illusion magic used by advanced Fire Mages.

I stomp again.

"Calm down, Kiku-sama, it is not your fault, yes?" Kaede also attempts to comfort me.

The fury on my face must be quite evident.

"Not problem of Ki. Funky stupid bad monster’s problem." Kali adds.

"Even so..." I hiss.

Every moment the feeling gets worse. I decided this was my new path, protecting the man I loved more than anything.

Even if he loves all of us girls.

I do feel jealous, for sure. I want his eyes to settle only on me. I want to fight with him, laugh with him, and have someone who truly appreciates what I can cook. He does all that for me.

And now, I feel calm.

I take a deep breath, and my fury goes away. I smile.

Yes, of course, he gives me confidence. Just thinking of him. It tightens my chest, and makes me remember the lewd things I did.

Yes, he did it with Aria too. And I'm sure it won't be long until Seria and Rishya and Kaede and Kali all cave in as well.

I don't really want to think about it. It makes me a bit sick.

But even so, I can deal with it. I have to. It is fairly clear he is not going to stop now.

And though it is frustrating... part of me can understand. Part of me realises, this is a unique and wonderful man. He is also clearly becoming stronger. And it is the prerogative of strong males to have many girls.

I do feel concern I am worshipping a false idol of sorts. Dad's words... they still nag at me, I suppose. It can't be helped. I'm just that sort of vaguely uncertain girl. I always have been. But when there is something I really, really want... then I get this tingly feeling. I felt that way about learning to cook. And I feel that way about Nii.

So, in the end, no matter what, I will consider this contract eternal.

I sigh. I am calm. I will be calm.

I sit down along with Kaede and Kali, and Aria joins me. I briefly pick up a piece of a cereal bar I made this morning and gnaw on it. It's good.

"What this, Ki? Is good?" Kali asks.

"Um... It's what Nii calls a 'cereal bar'. It's a ration food, but it’s actually tasty." I hand her one to try, though lord, I don't think she needs it with the amount she ate before, right?

The cereal bar is another otherworldly food that Nii suggested. I used Holewasp Honey and Kalbrath Flakes. I can see why it would be a popular snack.

Contrary to expectations, she gnaws it rapidly. It disappears and she licks her lips. Such a glutton!

"Much sweetness! Such wow! Travel food Kali hates. Desert foods are like muchly. But this! Could sell many as merchant! Business should do with Ki!" She exclaims, laughing.

Heh... she's right... I could probably make some money from this if I ever retire from mercenary work and protecting Nii. Mercenaries alone would kill for tasty rations! Actually... I wonder if I could open an inn myself with Nii, like Violet?

J-Jeez... I'm thinking like an old housewife already!

"Um... Are we going to wait here for Seria?" I query, trying to take my mind off Nii.

"Well... maybe that's for the best. She has already been a while. I do hope she's not fighting. Rish as well." Aria also sighs.

"In any case, this overlook is a reasonably tactical rest spot, yes?" Kaede adds.

True, in theory.

Though with the bizarre creatures we've seen thus far this deep, I don't truly know if a height advantage is really an advantage.

Not to mention...

The necrofire!

I'm not alone in spotting it flare up. One that big... can't be...

We're all exhausted, but jump up and adopt battle stances nonetheless.

And just in time. We all dodge aside just in time as a huge explosive fireball sails up from below, exploding in a fashion similar to Nii's cider bomb all those days ago.

Out of the necrofire, a whole squad of skeleton knights emerges, six of them, and behind, an even taller skeleton in a maroon robe carrying a large tome with a pink skin cover also emerges.

The knights are very well equipped, two have bows, two are dual-wielding, and two have tower shields.

"Destroy the lord first! It can repair the others!" I shout.

Easier said than done, though. We had troubles with five of us on one knight before. We're stronger now, but also down three members.

The skeleton mage-lord clatters its mouth in a vague hiss, its void nature showing exceptional distaste for the living.

This is bad.

Nii... come back quickly!

20. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 115
    STRANGER MIRACLES

"Mmm... how fascinating..." Seria pokes Rishya in a few places, making her squeal strangely. They're both dressed now.

"And you can speak freely?" She says to the staff Rish is holding.

"Quite so. Rishya's power increase appears to triggered this." Michael says.

"What an interesting thing! Fufufufu!" Seria cackles, rubbing her hands together.

"Mmm... well... now is not the time for further investigation. But if it is okay, I would ask further questions of you at some point... Michael?"

"That is acceptable." Michael says.

Seria cackles happily. She adores more things to investigate, as usual.

She looks around, doing her long hair back up carefully into her trademark twin-tails as her neck chain clinks.

"This is truly a bizarre place as well. These flowers, for one."

"Oh, you noticed it too, Seria-sama?"

"Quite so. I will be taking a few to study. I am not sure if it is a strange offshoot of the Ghostfruit, or something else entirely, perhaps this strange pillar, but for sure, the spores of these appear to contain crystallised prana, easily absorbed by spirits. The cavern itself is rather dense in power ejected from them. And yet there is clearly no ley-line here. Very strange. It is little wonder we got so drunk on lust here. Fufufufu..."

She crouches and picks a few of the non-crushed flowers. So, they're like... aphrodisiacs to mages? That's pretty strange. It does explain alot about Rishya and Seria's scary intensity and lust for sex despite their first times. And the fact I had little inhibition myself.

Wait!? Does this mean future threesomes are not a thing? Godsdammit!

That aside... there is something else I need to bring up with Seria, isn't there?

"Seria... I'm not sure how, by the way, but it seems I may have two spirits now." I carefully state.

She jumps in shock, taking on an incredulous expression, but then she squints, her eyes suddenly blazing with golden light.

"What...?" She splutters, her eyes then returning to their natural chocolate state.

"Whatwhatwhat!?" She shouts.

She jumps up again, and dashes over to me, her eyes blazing once more. She is still holding a few glowing flowers, which makes for a strange juxtaposition of images.

"This!? This is... this is not..." she gapes. "...possible."

Her brows scrunch.

"But apparently... it is..." she chomps on her outstretched index finger, pondering.

"How in Agon's fiery arse have managed a twinning, boy!?"

"I don't know what a twinning is. Is it bad? I thought you said I couldn't have two spirits without going mad and dying?"

She sighs, and facepalms.

"There is... an incredibly rare circumstance where my advice was incorrect. I have never seen it, but two past sages have. That is twice in a thousand years, boy." She gulps.

"And I have never heard of it occurring from a harrowing." She states.

"In effect, your spirits have combined to form a single entity. Velour managed to create a handful of thundermetals like yours in her experiments. When the two have a constant mixture of power. But them actually being inside in a bond..."

Twin merged spirits! That’s pretty crazy but I love the idea. I would why... no... if it is a known factor to become mad and dying from trying it, I understand why others don't attempt this.

"Hah..." she sighs. "The previous examples I know of were a Fire-Wind and Earth-Water. The first mage in question specialised in explosions like your vials, and the second had a peculiar affinity for swamps and quagmires. Metal-Thunder was an unknown combination until Velour’s recent experiments. But it makes sense, given what you have informed me of this... 'electromagnetism'."

She paces around, as if looking at me from different angles will help with a conclusion.

"I wonder if it is due to your weird Etranger properties once more. How vexing!"

Then she sighs dramatically, and her big eyes look at me with some intensity.

"Mmmm... I am surely living in an interesting time. It is all your fault, E-li-jah, fufufu..." she chuckles.

"Elijah-sama is a weirdo!" Rishya remarks and giggles

"That’s one way of putting it!' Seria laughs as well.

"Doesn't that that make you both weird for wanting to be with me, then?" I taunt.

"Fufufu, quite so."

"Indeed, we cannot refute that."

We all laugh.

"In any case, I shall prepare a return transport spell. I was concerned I would not have sufficient power to send us all at once, but that is no longer a concern."

She hands her bouquet of glowing flowers to Rishya, who nods and adds it to her void bag with that usual whistling crack noise.

Then Seria breathes in deeply, and a magic formation erupts around her, making her cape and twin-tails billow.

Rishya smiles at me, and offers her hand once more. I smile back and take it.

Seria holds out both her hands as well, and we take them, forming a triad.

And then, my thunder spirit feels hugely excited, and everything distorts, similar to when Kaede knocked me out the way of that flying pincer.

And we're back in that room.

But we three are instantly shocked.

We come straight back into a pitched battle!

Aria soars literally right past me, but is distracted by our sudden appearance.

"Onii... shit!" She cries, swerving to a stop. Barely in time to prevent herself being split in twain by a sword and board wielding skeleton knight due to her hesitation.

Shit! Save her! Not gonna!

She dances backward as it wastes no time in pressing the advantage, and it slashes her deeply, making her scream as a cut of blood sprays up.

"Aria!" Rish squeals.

Make it!

I leap in to prevent her from losing her head from the backswing as she staggers.

Claaaanng!

My unsheathing of Kiku's sword is just barely in time as a rain of sparks basically blind me. Fuuuck! It's too strong! I'm a wuss! I can't!

I fall on my knees as its grinning jaw clatters. It forces me back further and further. The sword creeps towards my own neck...
    ------
    Sorry for the cliff.
    Post #200! :aww: