What should I do?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Demonic Poring, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    So I quit the Navy this morning, cause my wife is pregnant. Some of you maybe have a question, why would I quit just because my wife is pregnant? The answer is simple. As navy soldier, I rarely at home and when I'm on duty, it takes at least 3-5 months to come back. And I don't want my daughter to be (yes, it's a girl) grow up without her father. So I quit this morning, but I don't fvckin know what should I do. I actually thinking about opening a net cafe or a family restaurant, but I don't really trust people that much and there are lots of net cafe and family restaurant around here.

So, what sould I do? Do you have an opinion?

*edit : I'm quite rich if I have to say btw. Forgot to wrote this one

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Congratulations mate, as for that I don't know what you should do. Did you finished College? If yes what course did you take? You should try to get a job close to your course, if you graduated Highschool try to get a decent job that will accept a HS graduate. Though business is good but it has a lot of risk but it's worth it, regarding that try to consult with your wife and your parents about to see if they could give you advices and such.

Zerak and MaliMi like this.
  3. cin

cin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think what can you do better than others.. And try to sell that thingt.

4. Devil of Boredom

Devil of Boredom Exists.

Reading List:
    Link
    What are u good at??? Try ur hand in that? Maybe cuz thats all i got

5. SirKulinski

SirKulinski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was your position in the Navy, see if any of it derives in actual occupations. Engine Engineer, Maintaince Engineer, Logistics, Management and see what fits or what you have always wanted to do.

Also why completly quit? Couldn't you have asked for re-assignment to an administrative/land role?

Also don't forget to consult the waifu.

Bean likes this.
  6. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    You should consider your skills for your job. What's your speciality? If you were an ex-navy, maybe you should find a job with physical related activities. I'm not sure though, hope you could find the best one and have a happy family

7. OddJobs

OddJobs Daoist Spendrift

Reading List:
    Link
    Congratulations mate! But I still think you shouldn't have quit from the navy, after all its hard to find a job nowadays.

8. zxlowi

zxlowi Forefather Of Mc's, King Of Nostalgia, RPG Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep calm breath in and look at your options
    Word to the wise
    Dont gamble
    When there's a will there's a way and there's always a will

Option: Tutor/ fitness instructor/
    Use any skills you know and exploit that I said those options cause I figured you'd have this sort of expertise in the navy.

9. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    Congrats man. First things first, you should see what sort of work is available in the area already. You may want to consult a financial advisor of some kind about how viable those types of businesses would be. If you have a lot of competition it may not be an option without a lot of support and planning. If that's something you really want to do, though, it may be worth just trying it and seeing it through, for your own mental health if nothing else. Regardless of what you chose to do, best of luck.

10. Sedave

Sedave «Custom Title»

Reading List:
    Link
    Open up a shop? A restaurant where your wife can cook and you'll both work there... But that'll need quite a bit of money huh... Well, can't help much... I'm still in college what do I know...

11. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Congratulations. As ,any have already mentioned, you should ask your wife first, especially if it concerns starting business.

12. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    well, I'd say you fucked up already. The responsible thing to have done is keep being a soldier until you figure out an alternative, and save up money for the future. Your daughter might say her first words without you, but you'll have done your duty as a parent.

Now you have no job, a pregnant wife, and no backup plan. If things go poorly, both your wife and unborn child are pretty fucked.

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all:
    1) What are your hobbies?
    2) Did you finish your service time? What did you learn in the navy?
    3) How much money have you saved up? Along with any money gifts if you get it in your country.
    4) Does the government provide assistance to retired servicemen who wants to start a business?

14. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah Soldiers have tremendous benefits but the con is that you will be far away from your family but still it's enough for you and your family to come by at the starting period. I heard the the Military gives those soldiers who have a family a scholars, a free house, and a salary for their daily needs. If you can, try to re-enlist if you want this could be considered as your last option if you can't think of anything else. This is also the reason/s why I wanted to become a soldier but due to my leg injury when I was playing football I can't join them anymore.

15. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    Find a job you're good at. Be quick about it, unemployment is not easy. Especially in your current situation.

16. Randomreader123

Randomreader123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the country i guess. In Germany for example you can go to the employment office if you have no job and go there to get some money until they find you a new job(of course those jobs ain't really good).

17. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously, your child wont even onow you arent by her side during the first 2years of her life. You could have just quit after she became 3 or something.

About the shop/net cafe youre planning.
    1. If theres already a ton of them in your area, expect you wont make money to take back what you used at first. It would take time before the money used for business would be back at your wallet.
    2. Is your area a hotspot in the city? If yes, proceed to think about setting it up. If no, are you sure that that business would profit looking at your neighborhood.
    3. Talk to your wife first. Never make business decisions without the wife.

18. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I don' know about Adult life, but why not just get a part time job for now? You can take your time to decide

19. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    try to get a hold of someone from personnel or whatever you call it and see if they have any suggestions. they should be used to dealing with subcontractors and the like and might be able to direct you to someplace suitable or at least someone else that might be of more assistance locally.

20. Hellscythe21

Hellscythe21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sir, I know little of who you are or what you have accomplished, but this I tell you in accordance to your query. I'm drunk and probably rambling too much but here goes my suggestion, as stated in earlier replies, try to make use of ANY valuable skill you have. Are you skilled in naval engineering? Administration? Management and Logistics? Anything really, and try to make efficient use of it by applying to relevant jobs related to your skill set. IDK bout your country's navy but my country's navy is Shit, with a capital S, so If all else fails re enlist and maybe apply for something that lets you come home and pay attention your cute daughter and lovely wife. Besides, life is mostly shit and misfortune with sprinklings of miraculous luck and opportunity, so just do what you can and don't give up on life.