Discussion IatM Rescue Crew: Great Calvis & His Minions + Release Schedule Poll

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Calvis, Feb 8, 2018.

?

Release Schedule Poll

1. 5 Green Skin, 5 Dragon Poor, 5 IatM / week

34.1%
  2. 7 Green Skin, 3 Dragon Poor, 5 IatM / week

6.5%
  3. 5 Green Skin, 3 Dragon Poor, 7 IatM / week

12.2%
  4. 5 Green Skin, 0 Dragon Poor, 10 IatM / week

47.2%
  1. Calvis

Calvis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello.

As some of you may know, I'm the current translator for Green Skin and Dragon Poor on kobatochan. Normally, I wasn't planning on picking this project up for the group, but with the sudden announcement that the other translator (who was supposed to pick this novel up) was busy, I thought that I should step in and come to the rescue with my mighty Minions (My editors Sai and Borderline hehe). As to why I am creating a new discussion thread, I wanted to ask the readers on the release schedule that I was planning to make. I have created a poll to ask the viewers and readers on helping me choose an appropriate schedule that you would like to see. Note that I will be doing at least 3 chapters of Dragon Poor and at least 5 of I am the Monarch and Green Skin. Consequently, I have posted three poll options for all of you to help me (voting would be greatly appreciated) and allow me to construct a schedule that is best to the interests of both myself and the wonderful fan base. Plans for starting this novel will be around next week [latest being this weekend], as I have to prepare, adjust, and adapt in regards to terminology and military ranks. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Calvis.

Disclaimer: The maximum I'm willing to do is 15 chapters per week (It's obvious why that is the case).
    Disclaimer #2: Terminology and vocabulary + sentence styles will vary when I translate I am the Monarch, so I hope you will forgive me in this scenario.

Edit: I'm willing to go 5 Green Skin and 10 IatM if the majority wants this. :(
    Rip Dragon Poor. Ahh, I loved translating this novel LOL.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Jasnger, Netizen1, RedKaiser and 6 others like this.
  2. Chamber

Chamber Mecha Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's better to keep a consistent schedule. Do one of each per day. That will probably be the most efficient.

(Providing that you DO get fed up of translating the same series over and over again, which I do)

Fuyuneko, eroxaz, Netizen1 and 5 others like this.
  3. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    Drop dragon poor and focus on other two . More on monarch plz

eroxaz, GatzMaximus, CodeZero and 2 others like this.
  4. xSinra

xSinra Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for bringing I am the Monarch back.

5. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. Translation is a marathon, not sprint. I am so glad OMA is being regular. (though I'm not....I need more fiber!):p

6. st8_lupe

st8_lupe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The robot has a point, translators get burned out all the time and at some point view it as more of a chore. So you gotta make a schedule low enough that keeps you interested but high enough that youre not dreading working on it. And its easier to start low and build up rather than shotgun your way through at first and then die a little on the inside.

7. kazuma88

kazuma88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think you should focus on 2 novels..for me its i am monarch and green skin..and i am monarch is halfway done, you can just restart dragoon poor after finishing it

GatzMaximus likes this.
  8. Fragments of Shadows

Fragments of Shadows [The Broken One] [Chaser of Tales] [Hungry Ghost]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok just spit-balling here but how about a different option taking into account the previous posts. Your minimums look like 5 IatM, 5 Green Skin, and 3 Dragon Poor so why not guarantee those as the minimums every week. Then with the last 2 chapters call them "bonus" chapters and say that they'll be whatever series you feel like translating that week. Maybe you do 2 extra Green Skin or 1 Dragon Poor and 1 IatM or whatever but the point is to change it up a bit. This does 2 things for you: 1st of all if you or your editors or whoever happen to fall a bit behind then you can always say that the "bonus" chapters won't come out that week because of real life problems and people won't have as big of a problem with it as they would if you had "guaranteed" those 2 extra chapters somewhere especially since those bonus chapters may not have even been for their preferred series anyway. 2nd it encourages people to donate more to their preferred series as a "enticement" to get you to translate the "bonus" chapters for their series that week. This of course assumes you're not looking for a rigid schedule and can be flexible without losing interest in one series or another. Well just a thought. Personally, I'd prefer IatM and Green Skin get translated quickly but 5 chapters a week is already extravagant for IatM at it's recent pace so I'll just be happy to get something out of it every week so long as it will finish before I'm a grandfather.

eroxaz, Netizen1, CodeZero and 2 others like this.
  9. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Eventhough i went for 10 iatm, daily chapter is a good choice tbh *sigh

10. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys now you can change votes to 5 green skin 0 dragon poor 10 IatM FAST! Before it's too late!!?

11. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Consistency (1 chapter a day each) over quantity. There is nothing better than having a chapter every day :blobparty:

12. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Luckily I was watching the LCD thread for IatM, otherwise I would have missed the chance to change my vote to 5 Green Skin and 10 IatM chapters :sweating_profusely:

13. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, let's respect Dragon Poor. I mean this is discrimination! I did not read it but still it deserves at least one chapter :cry:

Netizen1, Hokoga, Sai101 and 2 others like this.
  14. aitortilla03

aitortilla03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon Poor too!

Netizen1 and Hokoga like this.
  15. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why 0 dragon poor!!!!
    i'm not reading iatm or green skin why don't we do 0 green skin, 15 dragon poor, 0 iatm?
    iatm i tried reading but it was so boring. he doesn't fix anything besides his own and his marriage is basically a political marriage.
    why even bother becoming the monarch if you're just a slave to power?

Sai101, Hokoga and Paps like this.
  16. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well obviously I voted for the more Dragon Poor chapter, but well don't burn yourself trying to keep the pace of all the projects, you should really focus on waht you can certainly deliver.

Netizen1 and Hokoga like this.
  17. Norwegian Viking

Norwegian Viking Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i voted on whatever gave green skin most chapters

18. Hokoga

Hokoga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I voted for Dragon Poor & Green Skin to remain, I don't even read I am the Monarch.

Paps likes this.
  19. GatzMaximus

GatzMaximus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's OK please tag spoilers some of us are reading fresh, I really like the novel I like it where he's not an arrogant idiot and doesn't act like a know it all, yes he is using the past for his advantage but at least he's not power hungry, is good to his soldiers and focuses on his training and objectives since he didn't get the chance in his first life because of betrayal. The butter effect is a nice touch and it's great seeing him moving up the ranks.

20. thornyflower

thornyflower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Green skin please!!!!:aww: