Magic Association Magic Association - Task Reporting Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by The Everdistant Utopia, Jan 15, 2018.

1. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Task produce a simple enchanted item.
    I was granted permission to go make a simple enchanted item again whilst I am at the forge house I had better ask the staff if I can use it for some personal work after I finish the request. The great thing about this task is the wide area where you can produce magical items there are four different workshops and you can even just make one on the work desk of Sogre the receptionist if you really want to. The place that I am heading towards is called the forge as it is also used to make normal weaponry and armour as well as enchanted metal weaponry and armour more often that not. "Hello receptionist I am here to complete the make a simple enchanted item task," Cadmium shows his token whilst he speaks to the receptionist. "Also what are the rules about using the forge for personal items do I have to book an appointment?"
    The receptionist flips through a folder till she finds Cadmium's tag, "Hmm you've been here before I guess you can just make the same thing as last time and about using the forge for personal affairs you do have to make an appointment however there is a free spot in 2 hours that you can book the price is 3 small wooden coins up front and a further 6 SWC when you return for 20 minutes at the forge."
    "I'll take it then." Cadmium hands over 3 Small Wooden Coins to the receptionist before moving to the forge to make the enchanted stun baton. This time he cuts the rod in half so that 2 6 cm radius and 1 m long stun batons are created for effective use by the policemen and guards of the town on rowdy bar patrons.
    Well I guess I can go visit Tormund's bar whilst I wait for the last hour before it is my turn to get to use the forge I wonder if he has any of that strong alcohol again it has been about a while since I last visited him. Also I can then ask him about the items that one can sell to nobles of other countries for higher than usual prices.
    Ah the Lucky drake the bar with the best alcohol in this city well that is a given seeing as how it's the only one with any alcohol that I can drink at the moment because of the dwarven beer shortages. Cadmium enters the bar slowly looking at the counter to see who is working at the bar luckily for him it is Tormund again this time. Cadmium slowly walks up to the bar and sits down off to the side. "Ohh hello I didn't think I would be seeing you so soon after last time."
    "I didn't think that I would come around so soon either. I am just waiting for my turn at the forge so I decided to pop in to see if you had any clue when you would get that alcohol in again now. Also I was wondering what would be a good product to sell to high ranking officials of Novelias Foruim and Schattenlicht that can easily be found in the sewers. I know that Schattenlicht priestesses often by large amounts of lizard skin for leather garments however I don't know of anything else that I could possibly sell to the priests."
    Hmm I believe that the priests from Schattenlicht would be hard to satisfy with anything that you could find in the sewers however anything that's naturally a golden colour should be fine to give as a gift to those of the priesthood and for actual nobles however I feel that nothing you could find would be needed by the Schattenlicht nobles and even if you did it would definitely be better to sell it to our own as they are richer than the Schattenlicht nobles. But anything rare is easily sold to nobles so if you find something uncommon in the sewers you should be able to sell it to one of our nobles for a tidy sum."
    "Hmm maybe I'll give it a try but do you have any alcohol that I can buy at the moment otherwise I will be leaving to not take up your time."
    "I'm sorry Cadmium but I don't at the moment but why are you going to the forge you should have no need of it right?"
    "I'm just trying to get some side money from selling musket rounds to people and am preparing to enter into the explosives business at the moment if you must know and bye then I might see you again next week."
    A bird flies into the back of Tormunds bar with a message wrapped around it's leg.
    "Hmm I wonder where I should waste the rest of this hour I wonder if I should get a library card or that sort of thing but then again I probably won't find any new books in the library at this level I guess I will go and have a sleep outside of the forge then." Cadmium talks to the open air as he walks down the side of the city. Cadmium proceeds to walk to the forge and wake up perfectly on time.
    Hmm now what exactly should I make for BB I now I need to make some cannon balls for her about 10 should do and the rest can be just the size of a normal musket ball. I guess I had better summon about 50 rods to make them then. Run lightning through them to melt them and then cast them into 25cm radius cannonballs in the casts that I have been preparing for ages now. And a smaller one to make her smaller regular pistol ammo at 2.5 cm per bullet. "Dammit I miscalculated this I have to make over 1000 of these smaller ones now ugh oh well I had better do this fast than and it's a good thing I made about a 100 of them it will be done in 11 sets few."
    Cadmium made 11 cannon balls and 1005 musket balls during his 20 minutes somehow.
    "Umm excuse me where is Nadia so that I can hand my task in mr. Sogre? @The Everdistant Utopia

BB_Tensei likes this.
  2. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    "I see that you're back." Sorgre quietly reads the report. "Hmmmm... quite an unusual way to collect them, I daresay... Anyway, here you have." He put the reward bag over the counter.

MaliMi likes this.
  3. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the report then at Esta's wound, Umbrul began to talk while he is searching into the drawers to give him what he deserved.
    "Esta ! You should have gone to the infirmary first ! Anyway !" A bit hurried, he gave to Esta 1 L. Wooden Coin, 10 S.Wooden Coins and a Tablet of Merit on which it was engraved 10.
    "Now go to the infirmary ! Hurry hurry hurry !"

AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Helping in the Infirmary
    I stormed off the reception annoyed... What is wrong with that guy!? Giving me a ring with a spirit imprisoned within it!? Ridiculous!

I was really annoyed right now... I just went to the Task Board to take a task, I wanted something to take my head off of it... Anything worked, I needed money anyway.

What were the tasks available again? Ah, whatever, there was something related to the infirmary, wasn't there? Let's take this one.

The receptionist said something while granting it, but I didn't pay much attention... Haa... Let's just go.

I got on my broom and flew towards the infirmary... Ugh, I didn't want to waste Mana, but I'm annoyed and don't want to walk... Such a bother... At least it's nearby.

After flying a bit through the dark evening sky, I reached the infirmary, getting down there I started walking for a bit before... Eh? Isn't that...

"Ooooh, you're back little miss~
    Did you need some treatment again~" Oh dear, it's the sadistic healer! I forgot about her!!! >.<

"N-no! I came here for a task! A task!!!"

"A task...?" She titled her head. "Oh, the one to help out!" She hit her fist on the palm of her other hand. "You don't seem like someone that is good with healing though?"

"I-I can help with carrying things around! Or-or with organizing stuff and-"

"Got it! You'll be my assitant for the night then!" She held my hand and started dragging me... N-no! Let me be the assistant of someone else instead!!! >.<

She gave me no room for complaint as she took me to a room filled with things.

"You came at a good time actually, we had an attack recently and people got injured, we also got some refugees in, which didn't make the situation any better. They already received treatment of course, but we still need to change bandages, keep track of their recovery and make sure nothing gets infected, so we have been a bit busy, having helping hands from anyone is always welcome." Ugh... So much... I was almost starting to doze off, but she hit my head with her hand. "Pay attention you idiot!"

"So-sorry!!" >.<

"Anyway, you'll help me with carrying the things I need and giving me the tools I ask for, alright? Here is pretty much everything we'll use, so pay attention to memorize their names, I might need you to rush here and bring something." She then started naming each tool and giving a very brief explanation of what each one did... I really didn't want to pay any attention to it, but being hit some 2 more times made me change my mind... My head hurts... T.T

"With that out of the way, let's go, there are plenty of people to tend to today, take that box over there and follow along."

I took the box she pointed to... It was heavy! It was full of stuff! >.<

I was about to complain, but a single look from her made me swallow it... Why did I choose this task...? orz

We walked outside the (probably) storage room and headed towards a bigger one... Ugh, it feels sickening, I could hear people's moans of pain from the entrance, and the air just smelled horrible.

We walked near a wounded person and she sticked her hand to me... Ah! She wants something to clean wounds! >.<

I quickly picked the necessary tools with one hand, while the other held the crate... It was so heavy! >.<

I gave her and she started talking to the patient, helping them relax while she changed the bandages and cleaned whatever was below it... It was a terrible sight, the man's leg had a really big wound on it... Yet, she did things very smoothly, seems like she is really used to it. The man was in pain during the process, but she somehow was able to keep him calm and let her work...

This is totally different to the way she treated me!!! >.<

We went to the next person and went through similar procedures... And to the next... To the next... And to the next... Sometimes she gave some medicine, at others it was just checking wounds... Though it was strange, I saw her hand shining one time or another, which I think was magic, but that was about as much as I saw... I definitely didn't see her using any magic to fix bones like mine, even if some people did have broken bones...

When we finally, fiiiinally took a break, I ended up asking.
    "Why are my treatment and theirs so different?" I was first outraged by how much kinder she was to them than she was to me, but... I didn't feel like asking about that... Not directly anyway. I mean, she did use no magic with them at all...

"Oh, yours was special. We can't have our mages keeping out of the field for too long, so we end up using magic to treat you as soon as possible.

Then though? They're way too many, nobody has enough Magical Energy to treat that, so we give them standard treatment with at most a bit of magic to soothe the pain, though the amount of healer mages is too scarce, so even this is rare..."

Wait... I got preferential treatment then!? But why was she so mean!? >.<

"I can read your thoughts just by looking at your face, you know?" Eeeeeeh!? She is a mind reader!

She hit her face with her palm. "Not like that... I just meant your thoughts were really obvious... As for why I wasn't very kind to you...
    Because... It was fun~" She gave the most cheerful smile she had given the whole day.

... Healers. Are. Scary.

After finishing our break we went back to treating people, it was really tiring, and it went on until really late in the night... At some point it also started raining... Great, won't this season end already?

Things went more or less smoothly though, after treating another number of people she stopped and said.

"Okay, this is good enough. Here." She gave me a badge. "To show you completed the task."

"Eh? But there are... Plenty of other people left?"

"Idiot." Don't go smacking my head like that!!!! "If one healer was supposed to take care of all patients, I'd need to be awake for 50 hours per day, it is impossible. We split work for this reason.

Go on, I bet you want to rest already, today was a pretty busy day." She shooed me away, but her face was somewhat kind... To think that sadistic healer had this kind of side to her.

I bowed to her. "Th-thank you very much!" Then got on my broom to deliver the badge to the association... I wanted to go to the inn rest already... I hate the rain.
    Aria mainly helped out on the infirmary with daily tasks, nothing really remarkable.

@Ddraig

5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmm glad to see that you are still in a single piece even after working with those sadists*shivers*. Glace thinks that you really did a good job there even after forgetting Glace's warning. Your rewards are 1 L. Wooden coin and 10 Merit Points"

Ooc : yayy~ my first receptionist work. Should i say more when you took the quest? Also this will probably be one of those rare times when glace acted as receptionist, a limited edition service if you will, as a second char will be hopefully introduced in a short while in my reports... And i started rambling

AliceShiki and Exitiumm like this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Help out in the Library
    On the way to the association to get the reward for the task at the infirmary, I finally took notice of the headache that I was starting to feeling through the whole night... Ugh, I didn't get another cold did I? Or... Haa... It has to be that time...

I got into the association, got the reward and went to the inn, I tried entering, but the door was closed... Come on, it's raining over here, please open!

I knocked a few times... And a few times louder, this time I heard steps coming from inside.

After a while a man came out. "What do you want?" He asked in a grumpy tone.

"Lodging... For the night please..." Dear Lucky I was tired, I just wanted to lay on the bed and sleep!

Why did I take so long to notice how tired I was...? I'm really not feeling well at all, am I...? *sighs* I hate this...

"15 small wood coins." He extended his hand.

"Wh-what!? Wasn't it-" He hit my head with his fist.

"Don't go waking the other customers up, the price is bigger for waking me up in the middle of the night." He left no room for discussion.

"Fine..." I dropped one Large Wooden Coin on his hand.

"Come on in." He led me inside and left a bunch of small wooden coins on my hand... My headache was too big to try counting, let's just store them.

"Your room is that one." He pointed towards an empty one, actually, to my usual room, how nice.

Inside it, the smell of charcoal could still be felt, but the dirt was gone already... They surely worked quickly.

The bath wasn't prepared, so I just undressed and laid down on the bed... Ah... Sleep, let's sleep.

I woke up in pain. My abdomen was hurting a huge lot, and I could barely move... Agh... It hurts so much... My headache just got a lot bigger than yesterday too... Great.

I tried getting out of the bed and my sight suddenly got so dizzy I almost fell... Haa... Not good, not good at all...

I looked nearby for something... Oh, my broom is near... Okay, good... I picked it and threw it at the door. It made a loud thud.

Making sure to cover myself in the blankets, I waited a bit, it didn't take long before I heard some knocks.

"I-is everything okay!?" I heard the voice of the girl that was usually receptioned me at the counter.

"Uhn... Not really... Could you bring me some painkiller herbs? And a small rag too please!"

"P-painkillers!? A-are you wounded!?" Her voice was visibly worried... It's not something to worry about though...

"No-not really, I'm just bleeding a bit..."

"Bl-bleed!? Ho-hold on! Don't die! I'll get everything in no time!" I heard her heavy steps running away from the room... *sighs* She is too young... Well, now to wait... Agh, I hate this pain... Why does this have to happen every month...?

After a while she came back with her mother, she seemed to be trembling a lot and fully worried, her mother was pretty calm though... Ah, children.

The mother was holding a few herbs and a rag, she talked a bit with her daughter making her go away, before closing the door and getting closer.

"You still haven't paid your debt." Were her first words to me.

"Ah... Such a nice greeting... The money is on the pocket of my clothes-" She walked over and rummaged the pockets until she found 2 Large Wooden Coins... Couldn't she do that later!? I'm dying here!

"Good, so... How bad is it?" She just asked.

"As bad as always, pain big enough to make walking a huge hurdle, big headache, lots of blood..." *sighs* "I generally just spend this time on top of a tree or something, but the rains just happen to be particularly heavy this month..." *sighs again*

"This bad huh? Okay, I'll prepare the herbs for you, you know how to put the rag in yourself, right?" I nodded. "Good." She gave me the rag. "Put it in then, I'll be back in a bit."

After she left the room, I took a good look at it... Phew, at least it is properly clean. I put it in to stop the blood from leaking out and by the time I was done, she was back already, with a small bowl on her hands.

"Drink this." I took the bowl and gulped it... Ugh, tastes terrible. But... Well, I can already feel it getting a bit better... I should be able to move soon...

She extended her hand. "5 Small Wooden Coins."

"Haa... I thought it wouldn't be free... Take it on the pocket please..." She did just as I said and took some coins out.

She approached the door, but turned towards me before leaving. "I will be cleaning the sheets later, so rest assured, if you wish to stay the week here, I can make you a discount, but you'll need to pay in advance."

"Understood... I'll try gathering the money!" She nodded and left... Haa...

I waited for a while until the pain was small enough for me to move without getting dizzy... Yosh, now is good enough.

Getting up, I looked at the bed and saw a huge blood mark... That will be a pain to clean... Well, good thing I'm not the one to do it.

I dressed myself up... The rag felt really itchy... *sighs* Beggars can't be choosers, not like I can pay for silk or something.

Going out of the inn, I went to the association atop my broom, slower than the norm... Now let's see... A task that requires little movement...
    Asking the receptionist what were the available tasks, because I had already forgotten most of them, I decided to take the library one again, it was pretty simple, and easy money is exactly what I needed right now... I also made sure to steal a rag from the cleaning room while nobody was looking, I cut in smaller pieces and put them on the pocket of my clothes... Good thing nobody expects people to steal from the cleaning room of all things, it's really easy to go unnoticed from here.

Flying to the library, I met the same woman I met last time.

"Oh hey, it's you again. On the task to help out at the library?" She asked.

"Yeah..." She tilted her head a bit.

"Didn't you use to fly with one leg on each side of the broom? It's dangerous to sit with both legs on one side, isn't it? Though I suppose it protects your undergarments from onlookers better..." She said while pondering.

"I didn't need ot hear that kind of remark!!!" >.<
    "And it's not that... I just... Don't want the broom dirtied..." >.>

"Dirtied?" She titled her head. Come on Lucky! Why do you put this kind of dense people in my way!? Isn't making heavy rain while I'm like this enough bad luck!?

"Blood." I said a single word, which widened her eyes.

"Oh... Yeah, that makes sense." She nodded. "Well, uhn..." She seemed embarassed... Well, she better be! "Let's just get this over with, alright?

She started giving me directions to where to put each book, it was going pretty smoothly as we had already done it before... Though my headache was slowly coming back... I guess painkillers can only do this much, huh?

There weren't many books this time around though, so I could finish it somewhat early... I think there is enough time for one more task then.

"Thanks for the help!" She said in a warm tone.

"No worries... Well, take care!" I flew away into the association... The first thing I did though, was to go into the bathroom and throw the rag away and substitute it with a new one... Haa, it got filled so quickly. I hate this time of the month.
    ((I should note that I never had any trouble with periods, so this is mostly what I got from talking to friends and some google research, hopefully I didn't depict it too wrongly.

People that actually have huge menstrual pains and bleed a lot should be able to show it a lot better.))
    ((Aria obviously said nothing about stealing anything on her report.))
    Cramps are annoying.
    Helped out the librarian with arranging the books, was a surprisingly smooth process.

@Naraku

7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Wow, you really seem to be exhausted..." Umbrum couldn't help but comment as he saw her, quickly, he gave to her the reward after hearing her report, that was quite messy but he simply smiled as 1 L.Wooden Coin and a Tablet on which it was engraved ten was given to her.
    "Here you go, 1 L.Wooden Coin and 10 Merits, I hope that luck will shine upon you~" his voice was quite cheerful as he said this, he honestly wanted this for her.

8. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    Help out in the Library

Type: Researcher, Simple Task

Description: A simple task to help organizing the library. It’s always messy due to the constant flux of people.

Reward: [ 1 L. Wooden coin| 10 Merit Points ]
    @The Everdistant Utopia (hax is mia)

----set before meeting momo----
    "Hello miss librarian, Glace is back again to help with the library," Glace said with a joyous expression. "Oh Glace you have come at the perfect time, help me arrange some grimiores,"said miss Librarian.

"Which grimiores miss Librarian?"

"The ones placed in the magic spells and sorcery legacy sections. You see Glace, there was an incident here of an flame elemental and her summoner trying to force there way through which might have resulted in loss of many precious books due to flames. The assistant librarian that was present when this happened couldn't really do much. To control the losses in such a case, I am thinking of reorganizing some of the book sections so that while they might get slightly harder to locate, they would be as safe as they can be."

"Then let's start miss Librarian."

------------an hour and half later-------------

"Why are there so many books??" Glace complained as he brought books to miss librarian from the next section to be organized. Due to the heavy weight he was carrying he was moving quite slowly. This resulted in many impatient flying books trying to slap him to move faster. The combined attacks of all those magical grimiores proved ineffective in front of Glace as he maintained a wind barrier in front of his face. Reaching the appropriate new shelf, he started placing all the books in-order. While placing the books a particular book caught his interest. The book had a hard leather cover which was greyish in colour with scaly texture. It had the title, "Resonating Blizzard of Kushala" by uuo Stormqueen in ancient nuffik. Glace felt a unique resonance to it that seem to scream to him that this book was about his magic.

Before Glace could react, miss librarian said seeing Glace in his stupor,"That book is just an incomplete copy of an really important book. The best copy of the real deal we have is estimated to be about 60% complete and is present in the association's vault. This one has barely 10% of the estimated content."

"Glace would like to borrow this book."

"Well I can't allow you to borrow it but you can read the book here if you want to," said the librarian with a mischievous expression that showed that she was interested.

"Okay than miss Librarian."

"Call me Sroska. I just realized that I never gave my name."

"Miss Sroska.... that's a traditional demon name. Are you perchance a demon?"
    "Kind of. Although I often dont show it but I am a half-elf half-demon." said Sroska as she undid her masking spell.
    "Let's get back to work for now, we will discuss this afterwards."
    Arranging the books took another hour.

------After arranging the books-----Sroska's perspective------

"Now that all the major work is done, I am free for a month fufufu~", I said while playing with my hair. "Lets dump all the minor work on assistants now as part of their 'training' and I should probably also treat Glace today for all his help.", i said seeing Glace in front of me engrossed in the book. Sensing my stare he turned towards me. I asked, "What are you gonna do now Glace?"
    "Nothing miss Sroska, Glace is free now."
    "Than let me treat you to dinner today for your help."

((ooc : a good place for a ss if i make one))
    -----After the dinner-----sroska's perspective -----
    "Now that I would be free what should I do? Maybe some quests but doing them alone is boring ", I thought while munching on an apple that we bought while walking back home. "Does this count as a date?," I asked Glace as a sudden thought struck me. "Maybe miss Sroska, " Glace replied trying not to act flustered while eating his apple. "Daemon, that was cute, " I thought to myself.
    "Glace let's form a party, " Even i could not believe i just said that, "I mean doing quest alone is boring so let's do them together for now" //yes yes totally no other reason
    "Of course miss Sroska."
    "Drop the miss, it makes me feel as if I am older than you despite the fact that our age are nearly the same, " i said trying to hide my irritation with myself.
    "As you wish miss... Urr As you wish Sroska"

Ooc : i will post momo and sroska's char sheet in a day or two

9. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ddraig
    Nana flew out of the Association HQ building, leaving Joan behind to deal with any remaining paperwork. She didn’t know if there was any. The ravens flocked together and cawed into the early morning, looking around for a cemetery. The Collective’s migration to this city was rather recent, so they didn’t know what was where. Suddenly one of the ravens noticed something shiny on the ground, and the whole flock dispersed to surround the area where it was at.

It’s silver!

It’s an ingot!

Who is that dwarf handling it?

We should scare him a bit, and he’ll drop it.

But then we’d be chased away, like in the Union.

It would look great in our nest, though!

Yeah, Joan can make it into some nice shinies!

Denied. We’re looking for herbs.

Ah, nevermind that, we’re getting recalled…

“Nana, when we agreed that I’ll be taking care of you, what did I say?” Joan was standing with her hands on her waist in the park around the Botany Garden.

The Ravens cawed sadly at each other.

“Oh well, you can visit the cemetery any time you like, right now you should be looking for Moonwater Lily, as we agreed. Ask the guardian, if you spot her. She’s this glowing pale purple spirit lady, that sometimes takes the shape of a wisp.”

“You called, Joan?” The aforementioned spirit suddenly popped up. The ravens suddenly sounded rather excited.

“Err, yeah I guess?” Joan lied shamelessly. “Nana is going to be looking for some herbs, so I figured you’d know where they are? I didn’t want to disturb you to collect them, so if it’s not much, give them some tips…” Since otherwise I’ll probably get scolded again, and Nana doesn’t need to have things so easy, anyway…

“Really now?” The spirit was rather skeptical. “Well, at least Nana here is honest about herself, so I’ll help her out. What do you need?”

“Moonwater!” One raven cawed.

“Lilies!” Another added.

Those two were the more cautious ones from earlier.

“But it’s not what you really want, right?”

The Collective began arguing among themselves for a bit, before reaching a conclusion.

“Both!”

“We want both!”

“Both! Both!”

“… I’ll go buy a couple of baskets. However, after that it’s your own task, Nana, so make sure to do it properly!” (Joan)

“Joan has, being in marriage and having two girls, made you a mother now?” (Guardian)

“Caw! Caw!” quoth the ravens.

The catgirl just growled, and left.

“So, Nana, nice to meet you! Let’s fly around a bit!” (Guardian)

“Caw? Caw!”

Later on a catgirl was holding a couple of baskets, while talking to a group of four ravens at the center of Association City’s marketplace.

“What have you brought?” (Joan)

“Deadman Tears!”

“Deadman Tears! Caw!”

“And the rest of you are going for the Lilies, I assume?” (Joan)

The ravens nodded energetically.

“Recall!” said one, the others nodded again and sounded out their agreement.

Joan sighed, and took out the small item. It was a dream catcher with a couple of long black raven feathers, that would fit in the palm, if you discount the feathers themselves. It turned out to be unnecessary, as the other four Ravens appeared by themselves before she had the chance, and soon after a wisp flew in along with them.

“So I assume you helped them out to find the herbs in question?” (Joan)

“There wasn’t any need, Nana is rather good at finding small things from the air.” (Guardian)

“Oh well, I’m just sad Nana took all of our playtime together, milady. Perhaps you are too tired to go on now?” (Joan)

“Nonsense! Nana, take those baskets to your sister, and come along to the spot I showed you. Joan, let’s go!”

Me and my big mouth thought Joan, as Nana was reforming into a human, with a couple of herb filled baskets in her hands.

“Thank you, miss! I’d rather play around the graves some more~” Nana said, and skipped off somewhere.

“And then the nice Lady took us to all the nice spots, and showed us what it looked like, so once we spread out it was rather easy to find them all. I brought a bundle just for you, as well, Momo!” Nana said, and gave the receptionist a makeshift bouquet of Moonwater Lilies, Deadman Tears, and a few small flowers.
    Got helped by Joan and the Guardian to get baskets and quickly find the herbs. Got both Deadman Tears and Moonwater Lilies. Then played a bit. Will play some more afterwards.

Ddraig likes this.
  10. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you Nana, the flowers are beautiful. Joan, the quest has been successfully completed." A silver raven detached from her lefthand and brought the rewards. "Here are your rewards nana ~"

BB_Tensei likes this.
  11. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "I am sorry for bothering... but since Nadia is away for... uhm... parental reasons...? I will do her work in her stead~" Umbrum tilted his head at this moment, honestyl, Nadia's situation was weird, he even written some letters to Sogre for some motives but... oh well.
    "Anyway, let's go back to the main point ! Glace~ well, to me everything seems to be in rules, you have done a good work ! Here is your reward ! One L.Wooden Coin and 10 Merits !" One singly wooden coin was given to Glace along with a tablet on which it was engraved the number ten.

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Collecting of Herbs On The Association's Greenhouse
    After getting the last task done, I immediately took another one, this one seemed simple enough, so... Well, here it is!

It was still raining though, which was a bother... Haa... The greenhouse should be empty under the rain at least.

I needed a basket though... "Hey, where can I get a basket for this?" I didn't feel like searching for one to steal... >.>

"You can borrow one from the quartermaster-"

Oh, that's great! I got unto my broom and flew to it!
    ... Not too fast though.

I got to the Quartermaster's room pretty quickly. "Give me a basket please!"

"A basket? It will cost you-"

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeh? I heard I could borrow it!!" >.<

"Oh, you should have said so, show me the badge that tells you got the task, and I'll get one for you." I showed him the badge. "Alright, here you go." He gave me the basket from below the counter... What a weird place to put it.

"Make sure to give it back when you're done, missy."

"Got it!" I nodded, took the basket and flew towards the greenhouse!

I had to fly mostly inside to reach the greenhouse, which was pretty neat, but the greenhouse itself had no roof, so I started getting wet by the rain... Great... Now let's see... I just need to grab a basket of any of those plants? Seems easy enough.

I looked around and saw which plant had the bigges amount nearby... Seemed like it was a strange dark plant, so I started picking it... I think I shouldn't take the root off though, so I just picked a few branches of it.

... Such a big basket... *sighs* I moved again, picked more, repeat... After a while I finished all the nearby clusters of this plant, so I had to fly a bit before getting to the next one.

And gathered it again... Good thing my knife was still pretty sharp, so it wasn't that hard to take the branches off.

After some time under that annoying rain, I finally finished- *sneezes* getting the basket full... I better not get a cold at this time of the month...

I flew back to the association and changed the rag again... It didn't pass that much time, but since I was under the rain, it was pretty soaked anyway... Haa... My headache was getting bigger, and the pain on my abdomen was starting to get unbearable... I think this will have to do for today.

I went to the receptionist to deliver the basket.
    Nothing really worth mentioning I think? Got on the greenhouse, took some plants, delivered them to the receptionist.

@Ddraig

13. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    "You got yourself wet geez" (ooc : hehehehe)
    "go to the Infirmary right now."
    "You should have borrowed an umbrella from Joan", the silver ravens cawed simultaneously.
    They quickly reformed themselves into momo,"The task is completed and here are your rewards but you should still go to the Infirmary."

14. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    “And here we are again… Edgard, are you there?” Elae inquired with a whisper, to which the ghost inside her earring answered with annoyance.

“So now you seek for my help, huh? You didn’t needed me at all in the last task.”

“Ah, don’t be such a child… For a dead man, you are quite childish, aren’t you…?”

“I don’t want to hear that from you… No matter how much bravado you show me, it isn’t worth a thing if you can’t even face a living person with such boldness.”

Having no clear response to him, she muttered hostively. “I’ll turn you into a slime one of those days...”

Edgard laughed a bit. “Okay, okay. Just get in, Lady Vaodia.”

“Ugh, so you was overhearing our conversation...”

Entering the alchemy laboratory with a grumpy face, she stumbled into someone accidentally. When she picked herself up and saw who she had stumbled on, her face went pale.

“T-the rude alche-! Oowowowow!”

Before she could complete her sentence, the man held her head in an claw grip. “Just who is the rude one here?” He asked with a wide smile, but with eyes that weren’t smiling in the least. “Ah, I remember you! You came here last time for the potion task right? How utterly perfect!”

He rummaged through the papers that fell in the floor with him and shoved a paper in her hands, releasing her head from the grip.

“Forty minutes. That’s all I give you.” He barked while he collected the papers that were spread in the floor and went away.

“What the...” Checking the paper, it was the request for a Power Strengthening Potion. “That’s as hard as a low ranked one! That… that...”

“Well, it was partly your fault, wasn’t it? Complaining won’t take you anywhere now...” Edgard commented.

“Same as before?”

“Same as before.”

Nodding to herself, Elae headed to the back part where the potions where being brewed. As always, the smell of the mixed fumes invaded her nostrils as soon as she approached the place, but, different from before, it didn’t felt as unpleasing.

She did spent some time in that place when she last went there, so Elae was more or less used by now.

Though, this time she wasn’t going to wander aimlessly and waste time. She couldn’t afford to do so. Her eyes scanned through the cauldrons, searching for a certain person. Not finding the person in question, she sighed, realizing that she only lost precious five minutes.

“What should I do… I thought I could ask her some help...”

“Ask who?” Suddenly, an unfamiliar female voice questioned Elae from behind her. Turning around, she found the woman that was of great help in her first task. “Would it be me?” She smiled sweetly at Elae.

“Ah, hm… Er…. y-yeah! I need your help!”

“Mnnnn… Quite the confidence to ask help for an alchemist. Don’t you know that we don’t usually share our knowledge around?” Elae shrunk at her words, but the woman simply answered with a giggle. “Of course, I’m not as boorish as to turn you down. I’ll help you.” She said she extended her hand, asking silently for the paper of the assignment.

Elae handed it, bowing. “Thanks, miss...”

“Julia. No extra names. And you are…?” Julia asked before checking the paper the girl had handed her, raising her eyebrows in surprise as she read. “Oh my... ”

“Ah, my name is Elae… just Elae.”

“Okay, Elae just Elae, who did you pissed to get such a hard assignment for a newcomer?”

“The grumpy man with the papers...”

“Oh, my~ To actually piss Harold off… You have my condolences~” The woman teased Elae as she calculated in her mind the ingredients. “Go bring me four… no, five Liar Flowers, one bundle Phrea, two vials of liquified mana and a Giant Forest Hog tusk. I’ll get the fire started.” Julia instructed Elae as she folded the paper and went to a cauldron nearby.

When the girl got back with the ingredients and put them over the table beside the cauldron, Julia signaled her to sit down.

“Alchemy is just like cooking, you need to know your timing and administrate your time. The quality will go down if you get even a step wrong, but with practice you can do it.” Julia poured a bucket of water inside her cauldron as she continued. “It’s all a matter of finding your own rhythm.”

“First, take out the leaves from the Phrea, then pell the stalks. You can throw the peeled skin in the fire, since we’re not going to use it, then put the peeled stalks to boil in the cauldron.

Now you’ll take the mortar and pestle and mash down the Phrea leaves, place them into one of those small bowls, then clean the mortar and pestle and do the same with the Liar Flowers and place in a different bowl. Put some water inside each of those bowls and then add half of the liquified mana. We’ll let it mature while we do the next steps.

Now that the water started to turn into a darkish color and the stalks started to slowly dissolve you’ll add the other vial of liquified mana inside the cauldron. You’ll notice that the stalks will start to dissolve faster and the water will turn into pitch black.

Since the mixes aren’t quite mature yet, so let’s proceed with the next step. Clean the mortar and pestle once again, then crush down the tusk you brought until it turns into a powder like thing, then pour it into the cauldron.

You’ll notice that the water will start to lose color and it’ll be possible to see some crystal-like things forming in the bottom of the cauldron. That is the waste of the process. We’ll need another cauldron.

Now we’ll strain the mix as we pour from a cauldron to the other.

With that done, I guess our mixes from before should be done by now. Wait until the mix in the cauldron starts boiling, then pour the Phrea one, which turned blue by now, wait five minutes and pour the Liar Flower one.

When you pour the Phrea one, the liquid starts to thicken, but when you pour the Liar Flower one, it stops thickening and starts making the mana and the Phrea mix react faster, creating the complete potion. The color is dark purple due to the color of the mixed ingredients, but the perfect color is actually a blue-violet.

Well, that’s good for a beginner~”

Julia finished her lesson and handed a bunch of bottles and a ladle for Elae to fill them.

In the end, she managed to finish the assignment with only five minutes remaining from the time Harold gave her.

Slightly tired, she went to the receptionist desk to report.

"I'm back, Umbrum~!"

@Naraku

15. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Elae ! How are you~?" Umbrum asked as he saw her coming, it made him relax to see her alright. Then he began reading the report, he sighed and felt relieved since she succeed her task greatly despite the difficulty.
    "Hmmm... should I ask Sogre to send a notice to this alchemist..? Harold was it...?" Umbrum wondered aloud before talking directly to Elae with a big smile.
    "Anyway ! You did your job correctly ! Here goes your rewards~" Umbrum gave 1 L.Wooden Coin, 10 S.Wooden Coins and tablet on which it was engraved the number 10.

16. Mlaser

Mlaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Producing a Sigle Potion
    I went to the facilities of the association. With the badge and the task request in hands I easily granted access. The facilities seems full at this time of the day, I needed to wait for my turn to use the alchemy table. The equipment was alright for beginner potions. I confirmed that the orthodox recipes and methods of alchemy are similar to what I learned.
    I didn’t need much time since in the deposit has some ingredients are already processed for use. In basic alchemy is just a matter of mixing ingredient with the right proportions.
    I also used the ingredients for maximum efficiency resulting in two potions.
    The instruments afterwards are cleaned and stored back in their places. There’s no problem with then but I will use my own in the next opportunities.

@The Everdistant Utopia

Edited

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  17. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmmm...." Sorgre read the report attentively before putting down the paper and placing a leather bag over the counter. "Here are you rewards: 1 L.Wooden Coin, 10 S.Wooden Coins and 10 Merits. Thanks for the hard work."

18. Valera

Valera [Clueless][Kurasa][Alea & Mikki's sister]

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that this is okay~

Collecting of Herbs in the Association’s Greenhouse
    I ran back to my home and grabbed my classic priestess garbs out of my closet.

“Finally! We’re back in business!”

I quickly changed and took haste to the Association’s Greenhouse.

“My first task, so exciting!” I squealed.

At last I saw the greenhouse and quickened my speed. After I walked into the greenhouse, I was amazed at what I saw.

“Wow….all of these herbs are ready to be picked.”

I grabbed one of the many baskets near the entrance and carefully looked through each herb. Each herb was clustered among its own kind. I spotted the Silent Grass while inspecting the herbs. I, as a priestess with earth magic, can easily differentiate them from normal grass.

“Blue Coriander, Yellow Root, Dark Bitter Root…...wow! There are so many kinds of herbs here!” I joyfully said to myself. “Let’s see, Blue Corianders can heal wounds. Blue Leaves can cure colds. Green arrows are for treating eye problems….”

After careful inspection, I picked six Blue Coriander, four Blue Leaves, and three Green Arrows. They were commonly used so there shouldn’t be a problem taking them back.

I began to walk towards the entrance of the Greenhouse, wondering if these were enough.

“If this isn’t enough, then I can always come back. You live and you learn Valera.”

I looked over my shoulders and saw a Moon Rose at the corner of the Greenhouse. I walked over and saw how it was the only Moon Rose in that area.

“Oh you lonely flower….don’t worry, I’ll take you back! The Magic Association will definitely have a use for you.” I said, picking the Moon Rose and placed it gently into the basket where the rest of the herbs are.

“Well, that a rap.” I said as I closed the door of the Greenhouse. I went back home to change back into my usual clothes and report my task to the Association.

Six Blue Coriander, four Blue Leaves, three Green Arrows, one Moon Rose

@Naraku

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    MaliMi and Naraku like this.
  19. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the report, Umbrum simply nodded, everything was perfect in his point of view, neither too short nor too long. Quickly, he searched into the drawers and gave to Valera with a smile.
    "Here you go~ 1 L.Wooden Coins !" He gave an enchanted wooden coin along with a tablet on which it was engraved ten and a bunble of hearb.
    "10 Merits and a small bundle of herb you picked up~ good work !"

OOC: Yup it was fine~ this a story, so it's good !

20. Valera

Valera [Clueless][Kurasa][Alea & Mikki's sister]

Reading List:
    Link
    *puts out hands* "So this is what it feels like to not be poor. Thank you Umbrum!"

Naraku likes this.