Discussion Tales of Herding Gods Recommendation!

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by AardwarkThe2nd, Feb 11, 2018.

Tags:
?

Was this rec enough to interest you in this story?

1. Yes, am gonna read.

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, not gonna read.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Rec was effective, but this is Qidian so...

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    So, this novel is new on Qidian, 15 chapters up.
    Chapter 1: https://www.webnovel.com/book/8324027206000305/22519810713765580/Tales-of-Herding-Gods/Don’t-Go-Outside-When-It’s-Dark

The story's protagonist is an infant held tight by a corpse as they flowed down a river, found by a old woman and adopted by a village of cripples. Surnamed Qin from the jade that he held, he is given the name Mu meaning 'Herder', his future duty in the village. As for how this becomes a Tale of Herding Gods... Well, we'll only find out after reading more!

I really liked the 15 chapters that were newly uploaded today. Good grammar, No Pinyin and every term other than the names were translated. No bloating and unnecessary filler.
    But since that won't be able to convince you to read, I'll give a bullet recommendation as well.

If your attention span is short, read the bolded lines.

•Amazing opening: I really liked the opening chapter for this novel. No cliche trash, crippled etc.
    The introduction to a mysterious world and our protagonist who is equally mysterious, though that is perhaps due to our lack of knowledge about him. The world where the impossible can happen and is even common. The village of cripples who pour their kindness on the single healthy baby who arrives at their doorstep by fate...

•Quick Progression: In the span of 15 chapters, MC learns about the world and martial arts. The author keeps the progression quick enough that it keeps you scrolling through the pages, while not skimping down on the description and worldbuilding. Zero bloating and unnecessary filler. While I doubt this pace will go on as this is a CN novel with an expected 1K+ chapters, the first 100 chapters or so will be good.

•Worldbuilding: We don't know much about the world. What we do find out though, makes the reader long for more. The Great Ruins where the village of the protagonist is located, could be a place written by Lovecraft. The Great Ruins, what are they ruins of in the first place? Mysterious ghosts, intelligent beasts and ruined kingdoms...

•Good Fights: The battles in the story are crisp and well written. They are easy to visualize and there are elements of strategy and basic battle tactics.

•Good characterization: The villagers are characterized well, each and every one not seeming fake. The MC as he is young has yet to develop his personality, yet he is already questioning good and evil and has already stepped on the path of becoming a villain. The progression of the innocent MC into becoming a villain will be fun to read, as most CN novels with villain MCs (Warlock of the Magus World, Gu Daoist Master and Plundering the Heavens) have a evil MC from the beginning.

Also, the author is Pig Nerd whose earlier work, Rise of Humanity, has a heroic MC who strives to uplift humanity. Just a interesting fact.

ThinkOfMe likes this.
  2. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this an ad or som?lol

3. Otouto-kun

Otouto-kun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohh seems interesting gonna read thanks for rec!

4. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, this is a excuse to farm Nuffies. Like this post. And my rec post as well.

User01 and yogesh12 like this.
  5. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm impressed, and also questioning how such a things like world building, battles and characteration can happen in 15 chapters.

guess i'll read it to find out

Syahmuda likes this.
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh story on early CN WN boom have interesting opening but as story progress not so good~
    so not really expecting something new~

7. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    15 chapters are THICC in size and content.

wonderer likes this.
  8. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    The story began in late 2017 and the author has a good repo having written 5 or so works before this. You are free to hope for more!

9. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks interesting. I plan to wait and see how regular the releases become then I'll give it a try.

10. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I swear I've seen the premise of the early chapters before in an old Shaw Brothers kung fu movie. The Orphan kid is adopted by martial arts masters or bandits...

11. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Herding Godsrecommendation seems like a great actual title.:aww:

12. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Geez, edited it now. Okay?

GDLiZy likes this.
  13. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    you know there's a lot of CN series that has a interesting opening/intro chapters but at the end of the day they can't escape the curse called cliche

User01 and StuffedDuck like this.
  14. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Translator has the common error of translating 刀 as knife instead of sabre or blade.

15. sythcake

sythcake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone who read the raws tell if the mc will become an actually villain and not the usual bs with the villain actually been the good guy while the rightous dudes are actually assholes or the mc being a villain just cause he deals with his enemies in a cruel way..

Or will this be the real deal with him treating the commoners as ants that can be killed off as means to futher his goals and he will be the one to randomly target others for their goods and instead of others chasing him around for killing a dere while yelling that he is a devil and they are from righteous faction?