Qidian AdBlock

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by noisypixy, Aug 1, 2017.

1. schlez

schlez Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't post links yet so just replace XXX with com.

Ancient Godly Monarch: webnovel.XXX/book/7834199305001505/26248766549975724/Ancient-Godly-Monarch/Attacking-the-Xiao-Sect

Somehow the script is no longer working for me for any of the adwalled chapters I'm currently reading. :/

2. Shavanna

Shavanna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont have any problems with the chapter you posted. The chapters i cant read this way are only the 'premium' ones.

3. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had problem with that, but added "www." and it worked again
    Check if you have all 4 @match
    Code:
    // @match       http://webnovel.com/book/*
    // @match       https://webnovel.com/book/*
    // @match       http://www.webnovel.com/book/*
    // @match       https://www.webnovel.com/book/*

also I for some reason didnt have
    Code:
    setInterval(main, INTERVAL_CHAPTER_CHECK);
    at the end so script wasnt working for some time

4. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The script doesn't like it if you don't add www. in front of your link. Try that.

So, www.webnovel.com/book/7834199305001505/26248766549975724/Ancient-Godly-Monarch/Attacking-the-Xiao-Sect should work. But webnovel.com/book/7834199305001505/26248766549975724/Ancient-Godly-Monarch/Attacking-the-Xiao-Sect won't.

5. Dotakiin

Dotakiin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I downloaded this after dealing with 5 days where it wouldn't play the ads for me, telling me to check if AdBlock is enabled, when I don't even have it on this browser. If there is going to be a mandatory ad played, at least make sure it actually plays.

6. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude my post was from aug 1. can you not necro a post just to pick fault?

7. schlez

schlez Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I just removed the "www" in the post because I could not post a link. Double-checked the script on my PC but it seems like everything is there. Plus Tampermonkey says the script is active whenever I open a "webnovel.../book/" site.

Weird that it's not working for me. It's not just 1 PC either. I have it on both my desktop and laptop and both are not working. Maybe uBlock is messing with something but it only stopped working for me a couple days ago.

EDIT: Not uBlock, disabled it and the script still doesn't work (though....for some reason the ad doesn't show up for me when I click "play ad". All I see is a small box with the 8 second count down.)

EDIT2: Weird. It might be a problem with Tampermonkey. If I go to Tampermonkey settings -> Appearance -> Save, then Tampermonkey reloads and then the script works on the webnovel tab that is already open on Firefox (have to do it every time though).

EDIT3: Definitely a problem with Tampermonkey. Disabled it and installed Greasemonkey and everything works again. Their last update must've screwed something up.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  8. Auranyte

Auranyte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tampermonkey has been having issues for me on and off over the last few months. I try it out every week or so with a different Firefox profile to check. I have since been using ViolentMonkey on my desktop Firefox and USI on Firefox for Android.

9. bess

bess Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou for this!

10. xtudiux

xtudiux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone planning to bypass the premiumwall?...

11. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not possible. At least, with userscripts.

The adwall works on the honor system. If the QI servers receive the token that's fired off at the end of the video, then it will return the content of the chapter. If you have a userscript that emulates that action, then QI will also return the contents of the chapter. There is no way they can prove whether you watched the ad or not.

The new system requires that you have a user account on webnovels.com and have spirit stones on that account. The premium system will deduct however many spirit stones are required to access the premium chapter from your account before returning the chapter. With this system, there's an auditable trail on the backend. Unless QI's backend developers are actually retarded, there shouldn't be a means to get around the premium system in the same manner as with the adwall.

There are also potential legal ramifications if someone creates a system that skirts around the premium paywall. The ads that you skip with this script don't have any real inherent value. Spirit Stones, on the other hand, do have an actual value tied to their purchase price. If someone creates a system that bypasses the Spirit Stone paywall, that's tantamount to theft.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  12. xtudiux

xtudiux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    time is all we got...hehehhehe

13. toto

toto Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally got bothered enough by the greasemonkey script (and bookmarklet) not working on firefox for android that I had to take a look at what the mobile website does differently. It is mobile-specific so it will not work on desktop at all (the html and api urls are different). I of course shamelessly took the script from this thread and adapted it.

I don't have enough posts on the forum so I cannot paste it (since it contains links), so here is a link valid one month, hopefully someone with enough credit can post the script directly in the forum.

dpaste.de/rzwh/raw

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Try putting the script between [CODE][/CODE] brackets, the link should not be read as a link then, which should make you able to post...

Or just make a few more posts in the other subforums, it shouldn't take that long.

15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    remember that every day you get free spirit stones. which expire after 3 months. and can be spent to skip the ads.

Honestly even without the scripts I am getting more spirit stones than i spend. i mostly lose them to the 3 month expiration date

16. craterman

craterman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it seems to be very finicky now, i have to reload the pages a few time to get it to work

17. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tried using it on a couple different adwalled chapters. The script still works for me. Problem is on your end. Try using a different script manager, clear your cache and cookies, etc.

18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are you giving it enough time to work? it isn't instant.

19. craterman

craterman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    time doesnt matter, if i open up multiple of the same page and wait, some of them work some dont

20. moevora

moevora [Ero Peach]

Reading List:
    Link
    The script doesnt work with the popular series anymore..? The Strongest System, there aren't any option to watch ads to unlock chapters and it is more expensive.. 9 instead of 4..