Discussion After reading spoiler, I lose interest in particular novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Feb 12, 2018.

?

What make you stop reading a novel?

1. The MC is a hypocrite

32 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. The Romance didn't develop the way you want

27 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Unnecesary filler and plot

50 vote(s)
    59.5%
  4. Unsatisfying Ending

29 vote(s)
    34.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    women
    Damn, now i guess you're stuck with the BL route. :blob_coughblood:

readerz and Fluffy Jellyfish like this.
  2. LIGHTDX

LIGHTDX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My main Reason to drop stories
    1.- Too much nonsense
    2.- A really Hypocryte MC
    3.- Main Romance someone i didn't really liked
    4.- Too much filler.

The nonsense is my main reason to drop stories, it leaves behind number two reason my a a large margin. A example of such nonsense will be like saying in some fantasy world that Humans and no humans can't breed but sudenly a really important character that dated the human MC in the past but you didn't expect her to appear do it because she was supposed to be in the Earth just appears to say that she is dying, but bless the sudenly new MC's relationship with a non-human while also saying that they both can breed because they are rencarnated people.

I could say more but it would be more like my complaining of the nonsense i have read that giving a example.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  3. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why Spoiler is needed, but I still consider that many chapter that we choose to abandon still have a decent moment in the midst of the boring and unsatisfying mood

4. Zorgh12

Zorgh12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually reading spoilers is never a good idea, but when things like this happen it makes me wonder is it worth it to read ahead to avoid getting disappointed? or maybe the ending is not worth as much as the journey that the novel gave you? But a bad ending truly gives you a bad taste after finishing it.. I remember reading Coiling Dragon as my first CN and I did thoroughly enjoy it(first time reading CN amirite?), but the ending doesn't feel like an ending. It felt kinda meh after finishing it.

Thing is do you think the journey you had with the novel is worth more than the ending? if you read ahead of the novel and you found that the path that the novel took is not to your liking, then have you ruin the novel for yourself? if you read without the spoilers you might have hope the novel would take a different direction in the future and only to be disappointed in the end, but would the journey be worth it?

5. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to reply to your comment using poetic word from the xianxia I have read, the problem is that I forgot all of them :blobdead:

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The only reason a spoiler makes me drop something is when you're expecting a harem or romance because it's been in the making for so long, only for MC to 'ascend' and never see them again, or female lead to be 'abducted' for the entire novel or ending up friend-zoning the interesting girls and going for someone that's dull.

Invincible conqueror, Martial God Asura, Immortal and Martial Dual Cultivation, God of Slaughter, War Sovereign Soaring The Heavens, Painting of the Nine Immortals,Womanizing Mage, Death March, Spirit Vessel,Wu Dong Qian Kun
    And whatever other POS that goes along this typical route. Either that or incoherent cultivation like Painting of the Nine Immortals where he goes all chuuni rawrrrrr black and white eyes, rawrrrrr polearm, rarwrrrrr sword of execution rawrrrrrr MUCH GODLIKE. :blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:

readerz likes this.
  7. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s me!!!!!!

8. Zorgh12

Zorgh12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh something something is the essence of the world, something something is the way of the daoism. Then you will find your path.

Am I doing this right? :aww:

9. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    How can you active for 24 hours straight? Do you cultivate in Dao of Shamelessness? :blobfearful:
    IMO I hate more of MC that simply doesn't finish his first relationship with one woman and then go around to search for another harem member

readerz likes this.
  10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why a proper harem is always ambiguous at first and he denies any potential feelings until they accept each other and force the MC to take responsibility!~ and i am using the Dao of Time to speed up the forum to increase Nuffies!~

11. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy Dao, the only poetic word i approved is "Have Faith in Lord Fifth gain eternal Life, when Lord Fifth arrives who dare to cause Strifes !"

12. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    when i find out the series has been discontinued.
    when i find out the author died before finishing.
    when i find out the translator is using non original language raws
    Honestly I would like to know ahead of time if I am not going to like the ending because I will spend months on end wishing to change the ending if I get attached to the series.

13. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Making all the potential harem member approving of each other and make the MC's taking responsibility is the only true dao of Harem
    Don't ever be swayed from that path, which one of the wrong path is having one harem member in one arc and one place

elengee likes this.
  14. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Boy, Japanese author tend to do the second one
    Zero no Tsukaima isn't it? although i'm not fond of it

15. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    kaze no stigma.

16. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    No I don't.
    For the end-justify-mean type of people, spoiler is bad.

There are too numerous to count spoiler in this world. All reviews of scenic places, restaurant, etc, etc are spoiler. But we still enjoy traveling, food, photography ..

AardwarkThe2nd likes this.
  17. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people say ending to novel sucked, without going into detail, therefore I stop reading the novel before chapter one.

Or the novels where the reviewer say there is no NTR in the story. Man those reviewers are the worst. Perfectly good non-ntr related novels ruined by crap spoilers.

18. Riff

Riff Squirt Like a Turtle!

Reading List:
    Link
    MC being hypocrite is fine to me as long as it was acknowledged by said MC or it wasn't too excessive, everybody is hypocrite, who doesn't?

I don't really mind about romance either, but unnecessary long fillers sometimes made me drop some novels.

I prefer to avoid spoilers, so i never dropped novel because of the ending.

19. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I often look for spoilers if I'm unsure about the direction of a story for pretty much this reason, I don't mind having a story spoiled if it is still a good story and I rather not waste my time reading a hundreds or thousands chapter long story if I'm just going to be pissed off at the author at the end.

As for what would make me drop a story, that varies greatly from story to story but most of all is probably if the plot in general takes a stupid direction that doesn't make sense, for example if all the major events in the story happens the way they do only because "all" the characters act like total idiots.

20. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really need spoilers, the synopsis, tags and genres gives me the hindsight on what it is, and most of time it's accurate, also when I read, always put my expectations low so that I can easily enjoy them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.