Go Back In Time And Die or Live Healthily?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Eishun, Feb 13, 2018.

?

Which Choice?

1. A

22 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. B

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A writing prompt for my fellow writers.

Suppose you are the sole survivor of a tragedy that killed off all your friends and you have been living alone for so many years.

One day, tragedy strikes again. An accident or illness. And you find yourself dying slowly at the hospital. Then some supernatural entity appears before you (an angel or demon or whatever) and offers you a choice.

A) You recover from your illness or injury and continue to live healthily for the rest of your long long life span.

B) Go back in time to the happiest shared moment you have with your long dead friends and spend a day with them. However, you will die after the 24 hours is up.

Which choice will you pick? A or B? Why? And how you live out your choice.

Should turn into a very interesting story. [​IMG]:)

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never had friends so that makes the choice kind of easy. :blob_coughblood:
    Also, option A would be nice for a few years before things break down, like internet, electricity, heat, preserved foods. (no one to tell you not to fap in public!)

3. postbank

postbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually your question already awnsers itself..
    Namelijk do you want to die or keep living is the question here.
    If you want to die anyway and have nothing to live for then you for sure want to see your loved ones again.
    If you want to continue living regardless of how much pain or how much you do not really care then the choice becomes obvious.

4. Malgnad

Malgnad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would go back in time and then die. This is because if I'm living alone for so many years after such an incident, my life is bound to be a bad one so I might as well enjoy meeting with everyone and relieving any last regrets I had about them. Furthermore, the appearance of an angel implies an afterlife so I can rest my concerns about an oblivion and since everyone else is already dead before me I will be able to see them again whether it be in heaven or hell.

5. Bunbun3

Bunbun3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Living is too much effort. I’d rather spend my happiest days rather than possibly experience the pain of them dying again.

6. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    Happiest Days? I can't even remember if I have one.

7. slakids

slakids Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Friends?......oh the one that kill you from behind......And happiest time? My School days full of Homework and remedials....:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

8. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t really have any friends but can I just refuse? I don’t want to play any higher being’s game. My life is mine and mine alone to dictate

9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing there's anesthetic lolis! :blobpopcorn_cool:

Kanna Kamui likes this.
  10. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    Live and make new friends...

11. ZachB

ZachB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey mysterious entity can i just cash on my wishes?

12. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a trick trap.
    For one, if such an entity appears before you, that means there's a grain of truth in some if not all other myths and legends, which in itself means that you'll get to reminisce that scene eventually even if you choose to live the rest of your life for the better.
    And secondly, this is already a scam from the moment you believe you only have those two choices. By accepting this belief, you inherently agree to the trade you are not made aware of, or so the tales say, which is why you need to think very carefully about the wording, phrasing, intonation and all-around slight in words.

If any and all myths and legends have taught us one thing, it is that mere mortals are but small pawns in the matters of the beyond. Angels, demons, anything of the supernatural - none of them have our best at heart, if they even have a heart. So your best bet, is to tell them to fuck off - and die while showing them both your middle fingers and with a grin on your face.

13. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I have option C) xD?

C) Die right now

14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make the plot even more interesting! I choose OPTION C!
    Option C: By plot convenience, you somehow steal or take the anomaly's powers, and ask why did such a supernatural phenomenon is happening to him/her; per say, why is a supernatural entity (anomaly) trying to offer him/her this chance? Is there a hidden agenda at work , or perhaps...