Chinese The Mage Has Arrived

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Astaroth, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 法师驾到 / The Mage Has Arrived
    Raw Link:
    It was originally a qidian novel, but it has been deleted and can only be found from pirate sites as far as I can tell. https://baike.baidu.com/item/法师驾到
    NU Link: there's none
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It's an AD&D transported to another world (that's based on a VR game) like Night Ranger, Abyss Domination, The Amber Sword, Descent of the God of Magic, etc.
    Description:

Within my tower, I study the secrets of the arcane.
    我在高塔中研究奥术的秘密。

Atop my floating sky city, I grasp the laws of the world.
    我在浮空城把握整个世界的规律。

Monarchs pay me their respects; Angels give me their blessings; Dragons serve me; Devils tremble in fear when they hear my name.
    国王向我致敬;天使为我祝福;巨龙服务于我;恶魔听到我的名字,便浑身战栗。

I fight and conquer as I journey through the outer planes; I talk and laugh merrily with gods, searching for the fundamental truth of the multiverse.
    我在外层界旅行、战斗、征服;我与神明谈笑风生,追寻多元宇宙最核心的真理。

I am Gordon Freeman, I am a mage.
    我是高登·弗里曼,我是一名法师。

You're asking why I'm being so smug ? Because I am a transmigrator, and I also brought with me the game system.
    你问我为何这样叼?因为我是穿越者,而且还带着游戏系统。
    ------------------------------
    After logging out of the whatever VR game and going to sleep MC wake up in the body of a person from a fantasy world similar to the VR game.

Of course like the cliche goes he's an orphaned & run down noble with a younger sister to take care of and a territory/fiefdom to recover. (This time from an orc invasion as far as I can tell 绿潮般汹涌的兽人大军)

The original body was already a level 1 mage / "mage/wizard who has touched the first layer of the magic network (Weave)" 触摸到魔网第一层的法师

There's the game system cheat and so on.

p.s. MC's name is Gordon Freeman x)

p.p.s I don't know chinese so the description was put together by with the help of dictionaries, systran, and google tl. Also, 叼 really stumped me, from context I think it's some slang or something that's equivalent to being smug. (Though that's obviously not what the dictionary said.)

2. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is, was it completed?

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    If I had to guess, probably not tbh. But I don't really know where to check that.

Edit: Nope, it even says (to be continued) on the latest updated chapter 732.

4. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds like it was axed....

5. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the update status?
    And seeing another game system novel, I only hope it's not like the Chinese ones. Earning points through bull shitting, or through hatred, or by hunting etc.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a dnd novel, basically western fantasy, so I'm assuming there are no points besides your ability points (attribute/stat points) and skill points. You get one ability point for every two levels of a class which you can upgrade your strength, constitution, dexterity, intelligence, wisdom, or charisma with.

Amount of skill points (basic skills, not special skills/abilities/feats/what have you) you get is dependent on what class you level up and the intelligence ability score modifier. (Basically if you get a certain number of skill points by default dependent on your class, then you can get more or less bonus points depending on how high your intelligence is.)

Well there's a lot of things, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the kind of novel you're thinking about (I'm guessing something like that lich diary and what not.)

There are no such points besides experience points, there's class/profession-specific and general exp points, at least I'm assuming there are none I haven't read that far.

And for the record, if you're level 20+ you're a deity, so basically you can only get 10 extra ability (stat) points before you've become a god.

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Best of luck hopefully someone wants a piece of this pie thanks to the popularity of Night Ranger that you mentioned.
    Count me out. I am not taking any risks