How did you find Novel Updates?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoopyDoopy, Feb 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kcao1199

kcao1199 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found legendary moonlight sculptor through some third party means and really enjoyed it. Through that, I coincidentally found this site. This was back around 2013-2014ish. I think. Like many others, I started with anime, then manga, and then kdrama for entertainment, which eventually led me to novels.

LiF3tim3 and Saitama.sensei like this.
  2. Lunnear

Lunnear BL Readers and Writers- [My Muse is Yaoi~!]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was looking for the next updates on Legendary Moonlight Sculptor and the people from weed's translation(?) forum/chat told me to come here to keep track of all the updates.

Saitama.sensei likes this.
  3. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically same steps but a couple of years earlier lol

4. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    I got cursed, now I can't leave NU

5. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot it, before NU I was reading novels translated to my native language, then, somehow I found NU and started to read English TL novels lol
    Fate? maybe.
    :blobpopcorn:
    But BTTH and Soul Land were my first CN novels (and manhua), probably that's how I came here.

6. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    These two are exactly how it happened for me~ though I found NU through aho-updates

7. CrazyFrog

CrazyFrog Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime - Manga- ID the fusion fantasy translation, as well as LMS and the early days of RR and the other site I can't remember right now. - Aho-updates- RRL- Wuxiaworld- Novelupdates .

8. yotae

yotae Drunkard Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    my first (real) anime was dbz if i don't count poekemon then all sort of anime (naruto, bleach, gundam seed, code geass ... )==> manga of one piece, naruto and other shonen then seinen like berserk ==> my first novel was a JP webnovel mushoku tensei (it's not really the first but the one that has impressed me the most and left a deep mark, that's why I started to appreciate and read webnovel) not really a spoil but the end was sad for me it's like the end of a beautiful journey ==>I was looking to fill the void left by the end of mushoku tensei so I started looking for another webnovel and I came across coiling dragon then against the gods, ISSTH, douluo dalu ... ==>while typing "against the gods" in our master google I fell on novelupdate, the first thread i saw was a thread by daoist ninefaps i don't remember exactly what it was but because of it i have immediately appreciated the community on nuf and that is the story.( i think this is the longest comment i ever made here :blobwoah:)

9. danielgomes06

danielgomes06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like most of people I started reading mangas (actually I've just learned english for this reason, my native language is portuguese), but this started get boring and one day I found a light novel that the MC was a hero that used a shield (and in this moment that I found the novelupdates), and it was pretty interesting, and now I'm learning mandarim to read the raws of other novels. So, yeah, mangas and novels changed my whole life.

10. Fleighfire

Fleighfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stumbled upon a few translations site with a few referencing other novels and sites till eventually NU popped out on my search bar and the rest was history.

11. Zorgh12

Zorgh12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember Re:Monster is exactly the manga that introduced me to LN. I was tired of waiting for the updates, then I found the LN ( which I still have the translation website bookmarked!) and become interested in multiple other LN. At the time I am not sure if NU already exist or not though so I just had to bookmark each pages and just check each of them regularly if there's an update. Then I found you can do that with the feed extension and whenever there's an update in the site it would notify me. So one time I had around 1k+ notification, lots of update because I was saving up. I remember the joy I had looking at that but it's also incredibly messy. :blobsweat_2:

Ah.. Good time, thinking back I am very grateful for novelupdates for making my life much more easier. Also makes it easier to discover new novel.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  12. Rilise

Rilise Aestivating

Reading List:
    Link
    I was captivated by Legendary Master's Wife manhua and the tag said adapted from novel, so . . . After pestering google-sensei for a bit, got directed to NU

13. Enutas maph

Enutas maph Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Originally, I was watching anime. I normaly slackoff in school, but I couldn't watc anime during class, so I started reading the manga of nisekoi. From there. I started to read a bunch of different manga, and stumbled across the manhwa for tales of demons and gods. I wanted to read more of it, so I googled it to find it. After finding It's novel epub, I downloaded it. That opened up the world of novels to me. I then started reading the death march manga. When I finished it I obviouly wanted to read more of it. So I googled it, found he novel and read it through. I finished reading it around the time when the last translated chapter was when the Dun Core homunculus found satou. I suddenly had an urge to read dungeon master type novels. When I seached that, I found NU. Done.

14. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone mentioned it in a coiling dragon comment section on wuxia world.

15. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    Watched anime (dub only)
    Watched anime (sub only)
    Read manga
    Read light novels (baka tsuki) shield hero.
    Found novel updates (2015)

PoopyDoopy likes this.
  16. Artusar

Artusar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It all started with a 3 year old me playing Warcraft 3 -> 5 years later (2009) World of Warcraft, got a friend a year later that recommend me anime -> embarrassing things I don’t want to talk about -> I realized there were manga, which are longer than anime -> for about 5 - 6 years I read and watch manga and anime -> because a manga named Shen yin wang zou is taking too long and someone posted a link to the novel I took a look -> read till latest update on the site -> start filling the void with manga again -> found Coiling Dragon manwha -> same happens -> am on Wuxiaworld for about a month or so -> see a link to NU and go there -> proceed to ignore or forget it -> remember that NU exist because no manga and anime anymore -> start power reading

Phew that was a long story I probably forgot somethings but eh can’t be bothered to remember everything.

17. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    it sucked but still a better way to get updates than checking TL sites one by one orz

18. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't NU started in 2015?

19. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it started in 2015. After all there oldest updates from 2001. Though not sure

Emmyy likes this.
  20. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember, but it was around 2015 when I was still silent reader.