News volare welcomes a kick butt MC in Return of the Swallow!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by etvolare, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    TGIF everyone! It's the laaaast Friday in February! O_O For those of us who celebrated Chinese New Year, hope it was two weeks filled with amazing food and not too much extra weight! XD Today, we're announcing a companion for those stuck in food comas - new novel Return of the Swallow written by Beautiful Clear Moon After Snowfall, translated by etvolare!

It's only been a short while since I last announced a new novel that I would be translating, but since we discovered a plot hole the size of the black hole at the center of the universe that impacts several future story lines, Phoenix Ascending is back at the author's workshop for some patching and fiddling. In the meantime, I turned my sights back to Return of the Swallow, a novel I'm so incredibly excited to share with everyone!

[​IMG]

Our marketing team did an absolutely amazing job with graphics. I grabbed my favorite from the countdown this week! :D

This is genuinely one of my most favorite web novels out there, and one that 17K asked to be moved up my priority list. (So many novels, so little time!) I started reading this last summer, and it completely engrossed me. I set everything aside for three days and could nothing but read. This is one of the most print-like web novels I've ever read in terms of character development, pacing, and plot development. The descriptions are also incredibly, incredibly lush. I had so much fun translating them and hope you all enjoy reading them!

Best parts? The MC Qin Yining is a smart, gutsy girl who will b*tch slap the idiots making trouble for her, and really uses her brain. She doesn't rely on a cheat, amazing treasure, modern knowledge from transmigration, or a man. Bonus? Noooo. Filler!! Each chapter is very meaty and dense. My custom synopsis below:

Reclaimed by her noble family after a hellish childhood that wasn’t meant to be hers, Qin Yining is bestowed the gift of a hellish family instead. Just as she turns her lot around and gains acceptance, her country is plunged into danger instead. In this absolutely riveting and spellbinding tale, what does our MC do when an entire dynasty is at stake?

Translator’s note: No transmigration, no rebirth, just a good ole smart cookie MC and a fantastic story. Hints of an ancient China version of Hidden Marriage in this one!

(The original synopsis is ah... hmm. Let's just say I'm not a fan. But I think this is a common gripe most of us readers have. XD I almost didn't even bother reading this novel because of it. Recommendation... don't read the original synopsis. I still translated it though, because the author wrote it. It makes ROS seem like a completely different novel and helps people make the entirely wrong assumptions about how the story will develop.)

[​IMG]

There are 20 chapters out today! Er, alright, make that 10 chapters, but ROS chapters are "normal web novel length", which I believe puts them at double the usual female MC novel length? They're 3K+ character chapters, with the author swiveling between 3K++ and 2K chapters starting chapter 65 onwards. I'm going to smooth out the chapters then so each are ~2.6K characters, so people don't have an uber long chapter one day and a super short one the next.

Schedule will be 5x a week until the chapter length goes down a bit at chapter ~65! There will be a Patreon set up for advance chapters, so if you're in the mood for advance chapters, they're an option as well. :) Please join me in giving a hand (and squealing with delight??) at Return of the Swallow!

<3 etvo

Original post here: http://volarenovels.com/volare-welcomes-return-swallow/

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a good novel, what I've read so far. Well-written and well-paced, and the MC is refreshing, in the vein of Ning Xiaoyao from Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao, though the tone of this novel is more serious. Characters feel realistic, not caricatures, and all sides so far have been rather cunning. You're not going to be scratching your head at their decision making. So yeah, I recommend it.

3. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    It really, really grips you. I cried in one chapter (way down the road). That was when I knew I'd found my favorite novel of 2017.

Mangochic likes this.
  4. Bean

Bean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Others novels have it as well, so add a reader's synopsis under the original one that doesn't spoil anything.
    Something like:

'original synopsis'

-----------

(MC is kickass.)

6. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she have abusive husband? cause i hate that
    Does she have anyone or anything at her side?

Wujigege likes this.
  7. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    they said it is a historical ver of Hidden Marriage, there's no abusive husband in Hidden Marriage though.

8. Darkwood

Darkwood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The legendary celestial fluff has appeared

9. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Congratulations in finding such a good novel and sharing it with us etvo! :aww:

I'm looking forward to reading more :blobmelt:

10. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    any romance in this one? and a scale of 1 to 10 of the fluff level?

11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha I keep thinking it was kick in the butt MC

12. Petiepotter

Petiepotter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see much fluff, but it's so good! To my taste :sushi_tea:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status: