Qidian premium

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ZXu2002, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    They get free after a while, you'll still get free releases at a reasonable pace, premium releases are just faster.

genocidegrand likes this.
  2. genocidegrand

genocidegrand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks. i dont mind waiting XD

3. XBlood KightX

XBlood KightX Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind waiting either.

4. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, no?

5. KvnJrch

KvnJrch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its 1 chap a day... I don't mind too

Not necessarily... They have Spirit Stones that's used to be unlocked the premium chap.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2018
  6. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    And then tomorrow you won't have any new free chapter.

7. KvnJrch

KvnJrch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I don't really use mine and just wait a day.

8. Christianchannel

Christianchannel Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what you unlocked will be the free one tommorow? not the next one you unlocked?

Reader1.2.3 and GDLiZy like this.
  9. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    How dare they make me spend my sprit stones before they expire? The nerve...pffft :blobangery:

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. IOUmoney

IOUmoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care what one does with their money or time. I'm arguing that the premium system is inherently a worse system (current state) than the one it replaced.

Old system: 2 (or x amount) new adwall/ss is put up and the previous release(s) would be unlocked.

Premium system: 1 chapter would be unlocked per day regardless of the release amount. So readers lose out for high release novels like 14 chapter/week that go premium. They are getting same content at high slightly higher ss per chapter requirement without the option of watching ad. For free readers, it means that they are getting half the freed up content from 14/week to 7/week.

Can you argue that the premium system is good for the reader versus the old system? I wouldn't consider arguing against this system if brought any positives like increased output. Even on the forum for the new novels going under the premium program announcement, you can already see dislike of the premium. At this point, "Thank god it's friday" is becoming "fuck it, again friday" (most liked in that TGIF #3 post) because novels going under the premium program are announced then.

I understand QI is a business and it needs to make money. But can it stop jamming down the throat of readers that QI is doing us a favor by putting novels into the premium program while QI is the only one that benefits from it. In its current state, the premium system is a downgrade in quality of life. If QI wants user/readers to happy about novels entering the premium program then the current system needs to change.

It's like a worst form of patreon, at least with patreon there isn't a decrease in the usual content. For example, A will eternal has released a constant amount and after patreon it still remained the same. The excess chapters get put of patreon, the normal readers don't lose out while the people that support the translator are happy for the extra chapter. While QI, the free readers loses half the usual content (2chp/day+) they had access to before.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    compass96, bkwusa and raifan like this.
  12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link

Jeez! Use your head
    It's a business. It is about what is good for the company.

Get off your high horse, if the company does not incentivize paying readers no one will pay.

Essentially the site was in a beta, the free trial is over.

PS If a multi millionaire business could survive on Patreon, Netflix would be using said model. Stop using false equivalents. DeathBlade's overheard is not equivalent to QI. And stop calling leechers normal readers, don't embellish it. Any company that caters to leechers will fail it's Business 101

Kuro_0ni and AliceShiki like this.
  13. IOUmoney

IOUmoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not against QI making money after all it is a business (i even said it in what you quoted). I'm saying in it's current state the premium system is horrible in it's current state. Go look at the QI's announcement TGIF #3 post, the most like comment is actually about . There are ways that the system could be improved upon. For example, let's say x person has around spirit stone and spends it all unlocking the 20 chapters. The problem is that the user will have to have wait 20 days for the free chapters to catch without funneling more stones. It punishes people for spending spirit stones. I even said in it's current state is to emphasize that QI needs to implement change into the system for readers to be excited about the program. I'm pretty sure QI is working on other ways like ads viewing to be implemented, hence why i keep stating in its current state. Although QI has said it (book of answers), but until QI implements changes i won't believe it (low credibility of QI's words/promises). Another hole it can fix up is the idea of expiration dates on spirit stones. Another issue QI needs to nip in the bud in the complaint on quality control for premium (one of the concerns on QI's forum) with respect to the money users put into it.

So i'm on a high horse for stating t problems with the premium program. So i should ignore the problems that could fixed easily and instead brown nose QI because clearly they can do no wrong?

compass96 and raifan like this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhn... What do you expect them to say though?

Either they make it a bland announcement saying that X novels were put on the premium program, or they make a cheerful announcement saying they are making a change to please readers.

Both ways work I guess, but this one paints them as "good guys", so... Seems like the obvious choice IMO.

15. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What people buy is their own business. If you pay for early access to chapters through a translator's Patreon but then unsubscribe the next month, you're also ahead that many chapters and have to wait for the free releases to catch up. Are you saying that paying 8-10 Spirit Stones (That's something like $0.10 USD) should give that person perpetual access to an extra chapter above the free releases? That's kind of crazy, don't you think?

To be fair, I agree that paid Spirit Stones, even if they're counted as "bonus", should never expire. I just don't see what more you'd like them to do with their premium system to fix something that isn't really broken and exists among independent translators through Patreon rewards. Quality control is also a systemic issue that extends far beyond QI. The issue is that the cost to hire a competent editor is far too great, and with the editors they have, the release pace is far too hectic for them to do quality work. They either need more, better editors, or they need to slow their release speed.

AliceShiki and Wujigege like this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I think someone pointed out that the paid Spirit stones dont expire.

17. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless things changed, you get "bonus" Spirit Stones with each purchase. Those "bonus" stones can account for half or more of the total number of stones you get per purchase. Unless things changed recently, the "bonus" stones expire after 90 days. I'm not aware of any changes made to the system in that regard, but I don't follow it all that closely, so maybe they improved the system.

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that I dont know about. I was talking about the paid ones
    but that is pretty normal though to be fair. It is like Reward points

19. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On that, I'll disagree. If I pay for something, I expect to be able to use it when and how I want to use it. If I buy premium currency in Destiny 2 or something, I'd be really pissed if more than half that currency expired after 90 days.

compass96 and Wujigege like this.
  20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I see it we have 3 currency
    Free Spirit Stones
    Bonus Spirit Stones
    Paid Spirit Stones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.