Spoiler The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kainaeomi09, May 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. airesten

airesten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh thank you though @FussyBadger
    i love spoilers though, its like, its actually going to be a very long time until it actually gets translated which is why I appreciate your spoilers very much. thanks!

2. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Eighth Guidance part is only a half dozen chapters away when Yoshi returns and if we're lucky will be up before Valentine's day. The other parts are much further away. If you want more spoilers you can always check out the other spoiler thread I made for an LCD of the raws. The newest chapter came out today

airesten and Poor_Hero like this.
  3. Sipouwa

Sipouwa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When does Van get older? I'm currently on chapter 40 and the translator said: "The author notes in this chapter that Vandalieu will be a young boy at least up until the fifth volume."
    So I tried asking Google-sensei that at what chapter does the 5th volume start but couldn't find anything about that.
    I don't need him to become adult (if he ever does the way this novel is going) but when does he get at least like 10y/o or early teenager somewhere in the current translated chapters or raws? I don't even know why but it's irritating me that he's still 3 y/o :D

4. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Current raw he is 11-12 years old

Sipouwa likes this.
  5. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently at the part when Van just destroyed Vida's shackles placed by Alda. My questions are:
    1. Which chapter (if it has happened yet) will Van meet Heinz?
    2. Same as 1 but for Schneider.
    3. When will Van's physical stats all cross the 10k mark?

6. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Van & Darcia meet Heinz again in the latest raw and the two fight a bit with disadvantages. It ends in a draw for a few reasons. Well next time, Darcia plans to help Van out if Heinz still goes after them.

2. Very soon, either this arc or the next one.

3. The main reason why van's physical abilities are so low is largely due to the fact that he hasn't hit puberty yet. In the raws once Van hit his first puberty his physical abilities exponentially went up.

kimberlyt likes this.
  7. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the reply. Thought it was kinda late. (I'm now at the part where Van fights Murakami, Hajime, etc.)

8. Cenarous

Cenarous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I have to ask as the lastest translation is around this topic but what happens to 8th guidance after their death and all?

9. Hexwolfx

Hexwolfx 【Hex Researcher】【Crime Syndicate - Most Hated】

Reading List:
    Link
    Two gods from MCs world go to Orgion take there would to reincarnated them but the the idiot God of reincarnation intercepts them causing a battle the two god them have to force the souls into a meat creature the MC made and it becomes a new race of flying tencle meatball that uses lower rank death magic./SPOILER]

kimberlyt likes this.
  10. Vamps31

Vamps31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello No more spoilers ??? :)

11. Hexwolfx

Hexwolfx 【Hex Researcher】【Crime Syndicate - Most Hated】

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to ask for which such spoliers daaa

12. Raison D

Raison D Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did van fix soul and body of 8th guidance?

13. Rice Rice Gravy

Rice Rice Gravy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was so looking forward to Heinz getting his soul crush only to disappointed :(
    So... is Heinz dead yet in the recent chapter ?

14. Super greatz

Super greatz New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 8 summary?

15. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They seem pretty happy with their new lot in life as a giant floating shapeshifting meatball. In more recent chapters they've finally gained the ability to shapeshift into human form, be it any of the members of 8th guidance or that of any corpses they've absorbed. Giant floating meatball is still their true form, though.

One of Alda's subordinate gods, the god of records, created a dungeon for Heinz's party to train in, where all of the enemies were reproductions of Van and his allies. However, thanks to Van's Abyss skill, he managed to take over the copy of him. The copy was from the records of the time he fought the empire's swords, so it was weaker than Van in reality at the time, but he still managed to win over Heinz's full party. They escaped thanks to the sacrifice of the god of records, but several of them were badly injured, including their souls. Heinz was placed in the care of the god of sleep (IIRC?) to recover and has not woken up yet.

kimberlyt likes this.
  16. TheForgottenKing

TheForgottenKing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone got any spoilers for what's going on with the reincarnated individuals in the recent chapters and if Vandalieu has devoured any of their souls yet

17. Bakanogami

Reading List:
    Link
    Going from just what I remember since there are a lot of names and I don't remember exactly where the translations are up to:

The group of three of Kanako, Doug, and Melissa that broke from Murakami's group successfully made contact with Van and met him. Van agreed to take them to Talosheim if they agreed to come under the influence of Van's Guidance skill (done by living together in the same small house for a few days) and to eventually change to one of Vida's races. They've since become fairly major characters, traveling and fighting with Van. Kanako in particular has started a Magical Girl Idol group with the other female characters in Van's faction and is giving concerts in many cities.

Asagi's group followed Kanako and made contact at the same time. They asked Van to stop, Van said no. I got the feeling neither side quite made their reasoning clear to the other. They left and decided to research Devil King fragments and Death Magic, and ways to seal or destroy both, in the hopes that if there's a way to seal it all away and resolve things peacefully Van will take it.

Hajime chose to act as a champion for Fitun, the thunder god. Eventually he basically gets completely possessed by him and turns into an Avatar for the god. That god took a bunch of his champions along and attacked the human town Van was staying at about a volume ago in the raws.

In the middle of the fight Murakami's group showed up and decided it was their chance to kill Van. They were stupidly outclassed, and IIRC in the end their and Hajime's souls were broken/eaten.

Aside from that...Mao chose not to get involved and said she was leaving that continent. I don't think we've seen her again since. However, more recent arcs have had Van traveling to and exploring other continents, so I expect he'll run into her at some point. I don't remember, were there any other reincarnators who just decided not to get involved like her?

There are also several reincarnators whose names I forget who chose to be reincarnated into babies and have their memories sealed until they'd grown up a bit. What they didn't know was that Rodcorte wanted to force them to have a confrontation with Van, and so put them into babies that were born into families that Van was destined to have a showdown with. Unfortunately for Rodcorte, events shaped up so that two of them wound up immigrating to Talosheim peacefully. Their memories resurfaced when they saw Van and now are completely freaked out, thinking he's going to kill them if he finds out who they are.

kimberlyt likes this.
  18. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    So tell me does the MC try to seek vengeance on his reincarnated classmates? He was tortured for a long time and killed by people who knew it was him.

19. Bakanogami

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC they didn't know it was him at the time, and they only killed him due to misinterpreting Kouya's oracle skill. A lot of the people on the boat who reincarnated with him weren't his classmates and didn't know him before the incident, either.

Van yelled angrily about getting vengeance when he was reincarnated to Lambda, but after that he cooled his head a bit. His policy towards the reincarnators is that he doesn't really care, he'd rather just not have anything to do with them. He won't kill them unless they attack him, but he'd also rather they not come to apologize or anything. Those that have already reincarnated to Lambda have taken a number of courses.

Some believe Van is going to seek them out and take vengeance, or are enticed by rewards from Rodcorte, and try to kill him, only to get killed in return.
    Some want to stay as far away as possible from Van and run to other continents.
    Some chose to be reincarnated as infants with the plan of staying out of Van's way. Rodcorte put them in families likely to be hostile to Van instead. Some of them have been taken to Talosheim as infants and Van still doesn't know they're reincarnators.
    Some think Van is in the wrong but don't want to kill him. They want to convince him to seal his powers through peaceful discussion, and are currently researching ways to do so.
    A few decided to just become servants of Rodcorte and stay the hell off Lambda in the first place.
    And one group decided that Van's country looked like the best place on Lambda to live, joined his faction, and ceased to be human.

20. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude. I think the guy who opted to be reincarnated into the normal world lucked out! Honestly I was one of the readers who wanted to do that with him.