Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Really running short of time:sweating_profusely: Writing quality -1/per minute!
    Location 7: Village Sven
    ---
    The plan was simple.
    To evacuate the villagers, by the path which the company had cleared.

"It seems risky, but the force converging on this area only seems to be increasing. We'll have to make this gamble, otherwise we'll only be locked down when more waves inevitably come." Sigmund explained, as he was observing the proceeding of the gathering of the villagers.

Most of them were clearly frantic, as would be expected despite the best efforts of the guard.
    More urgent however, were the less optimistic ones.

"Are we going to die here?"

"What's the point of going on!"

"...I'll meet you soon..."

Although these moans were not that high in number- not everyone had yet lost everything- as they said, one spoilt apple can ruin the bunch.
    As such, their incessant groans were certainly not helping, and was only making morale decrease even more.

"Don't know what to say, and too sympathetic to drive them out."
    Nome shook his head. "An unlucky bunch, indeed."

"I can see that the situation, but couldn't we wait for Guild support to draw closer?"

"Not enough time. Now-"

"Everyone is here, eh?"

Suddenly, they were interrupted by a new voice.

They turned to face a grim looking face of an middle aged man of short stature, and a big beer belly- like a drunkred from somewhere- but his more refined clothes, focused eyes, and gait of authority gave it away.

This was the mayor of the town.

Sigmund immediately saluted him.
    "Mister mayor! Yes, we are ready!"

It was clear he had a great deal of respect for this man, who merely chuckled a little.

"No need to be so tense boy. Weary nerves may save us, but it will also unmake us."

Without waiting for a reply, he coughed a bit, before suddenly taking on a serious expression, and taking in a very deep breath, before he began.

"People of Sven!"

Some people heard, but others were too simply busy wallowing in their worries with others to notice.

"People of Sven!"

More hushing sound were heard, and things quieted down a lot more. Still, there was much-

"PEOPLE OF SVEN!"

That got the attention of the civilians.

Seeming satisfied by the silence, the Mayor cleared his throat loudly before speaking.

"As you see, something terrible has befallen our village."

Captain obvious. That immediately made many of the villagers grimace.

"We've all lost family and friends today!"

Now, everyone had a negative expression, and loud whispers rose up among themselves once again.
    Some looked like they were going down a bad trip in the back alleys of memory lane agai-

"BUT IF WE DON'T GO ALL OF US WILL DIE!"

Dead silence.

"...That was unexpected." Hubo whispered.

"You don't know him well enough." Belf simply shrugged nonchalantly in response to his question.

"ITS SIMPLE! YOU EITHER REMAIN HERE TO DIE AND HAVE OUR DEPARTED WEEP, OR WE LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY WITH THE BLESSINGS OF THE FALLEN!"

At that moment, the world felt like it stopped.

"SO, WHAT IS YOUR DAMN DECISION!"

The mayor's face was flushed a fiery red at this moment.

More silence.

The villagers looked at various directions.

Their family- or what remained- even the little belongings- usually the most important they had salvaged, and the rest of their fellow villagers.

Finally, one of them responded.

"We shall leave!" It was no shout, but it was clear and firm.

That was the trigger to everything else.

"Me too! What is the point of staying here to die?!"

"Me three! I've been waiting long enough- you didn't have to make that speech mayor!"

Soon enough, the people of the village were worked up and optimistic again.

"Crude, but straightforward speech. Nothing deep, yet all the more enlightening"

Hubo concluded.

"That's just the type of man he is."

Sigmund smirked.

Soon enough the village was ready for evacuation.

But nothing in life was smooth sailing, and there was still one last wave...

2. The Forever Distant Victory

The Forever Distant Victory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ________ Village 5’s Main Hall, Ara’s POV ________​

[Preparations seem to be done… But the enemies are nowhere to see...]

After the preparations of the walls and towers surrounding the village were finished, the reinforces arrived and the traps were set, not having the enemy arrive for a fight was quite boring…

Ugh… I should be angry, sad, displeased and disappointed for completely different reasons. Those damn bastards are stealing away my time to worry about Eris…

I’ll kill every single one of them I can get my hands on.

It would be regrettable to prepare defenses just to jump in the offensive, but if they don’t arrive…

“Lady, our scouts sighted the enemy!” Lela barged in the room, reporting.

Jumping from my chair, I almost tripped, excite and surprised. [The enemy?!]

Good! That’s heavenly sent!

[Send the word to Gen. Tell him to get his men some bows and wait until I give the signal.

Hmmm… How many supply carriages did we brought again?]

“I believe that it was ten in total.”

[Good. Empty them and tell Grom to prepare his men to fight on them. I want one long range goblin and a fighter on each of those. The rest will stay here and fire arrows at the enemies!]

“Yes, Lady… but, if I dare ask… weren’t we fighting a defensive battle?”

[But of course we are!

It just happens that the best defense is a good offense!]

Getting up from my chair, I started heading out of the hall.

“Where are you going?”

[What? Isn’t it obvious I want to watch the battle!] Good. This might lighten my mood a bit.

________ Village 5’s Outskirts, Gen’s POV ________​

Ah, the enemies arrived… They were more than I was expecting, though, and mostly mounted at that.

Frowning, I asked to Metch, who was the one in charge of the carriages on my side. “How many do you think they are?”

“Depends on the number of lines they divided the army.” The swordsman twin said as he looked at the army at distance. “From what I can guess, they’re no less than seventy to a hundred per line, and as far as I can see, that army has no less than ten lines.”

“Let’s see… We have forty fighters in field, twenty archers and mages garrisoned plus the human adults that decided to fight.”

“Namely?”

“Three hundred… But they won’t be worth much against the orc cavalry, so we should better not rely on them as anything more than cannon fodder.”

“What a messy situation we got into...”

Shrugging, I stared at the enemy army, who started to move. “We’re here just to make them sustain damage enough to retreat. Our numbers don’t allow us to aim for a complete victory anyway.”

While the army neared the village, a group of wyvern riders soared to the skies from the back. As soon as the beasts started flying, explosions sounds came from the airship above the village as it started to shot at them.

A spell flew from the Main Hall, giving us the signal to advance.

“Forward!” Stirring my mount, I started advancing, accompanied by my men and Metch troops.

From each side of the village made fortress, ten silver wolves carrying kobold riders on their backs, and five supply wagons, turned into impromptu carriages, with two goblins each, headed out to battle.

Pulling out my bow as we approached the enemies, I nocked an arrow and shot, giving the signal to the other to do so too. Shooting our arrows and leaving, giving space for the archers on the walls to do their job and the mages to do their magic.

Good… A good first strike. Now we just need to keep them away from the walls and whittle them down.

[Village Battle Part 1/2]

3. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [Village 1]

It began perfectly well, this village was literally overflowing with orcs, and well, he expected this, there was an Orc Warlord at the ground while he preferred not looking at the sky. Time for an ol' slaughter, or maybe he couldn't, how 'unexpected', there was dozens and dozens of orcs getting out from the underground tunnel.
    The villagers were all running away from this precise point while Cinere simply walked in the other sense, after the crow of people passed, he prepared a huge ice wall, that was one stupid idea.
    "Haha, for once, it will be a real one against all, no people following me~" Cinere talked to himself as he looked at the Orc Warlord leading this small army, he looked at the wyverns and wondered if what they could spit could be as intensive as lava, he didn't know, he only shrugged and ignored the sky for now.

They didn't stop, they continued to run toward him. It made him sigh, well, he won't have any regrets. Creating an ice sword, he was at twenty feet away from the first line of orcs, since they were all on him, he decided to leave the chief for the end. I
    Suddenly, Cinere disappeared and appeared behind an Orc Leader, with one movement and hand, he beheaded him. With the other hand, he caught one orc with his hand, this orc quickly froze to death as Cinere's body was as cold as ever, freezing everything that he is touching.

"I should just make the blood flow." So he will stab, cut, slash, chop, pierce, eviscerate, rip, tear, crack, destroy, eradicate.
    Sidestepping and brutally bumping into an orc who immediately froze at the contact, an ice sword landed into the gut of one orc and then, it lifted until the orc was cut in two. Another one found himself losing his sigh as two daggers made of ice appeared from nowhere and pierced into his eyes, sinking profoundly into his brain.

A sixth orc looked at his right arm but instead found nothing.
    A ninth orc thought that he was defending himself and felt a cold weapon piercing his neck by behind.
    A twelfth orc laughed as his axe slashed into the elf that was there, however, somehow, the appearance of the elf seemed to dissipate like a fog as instead, he found his own axe into one of his comrade, like this, his fellow kin attacked him, he died, killed by his own people.
    A sixteenth orc decided to run away instead of fighting, right, there was only one enemy, but more than a dozen of them casually died like flies, so he thought that this opponent was too strong for most of them, for the minions like him, only their chiefs could maybe fight.

"Aya, unexpectedly, it's one sized, don't you have ma-" Rolling on the ground, Cinere avoided a fireball, then he laughed loudly as he rubbed his own forehead, he found it hilarious, he got what he asked, and slowly, the Illusion Spell he used seemed to disappeared, the ground was already a lake of blood with only the death's blood. Just a few milliseconds after this, he teleported as he was still lying on the ground, he was above ten feet the orcs. Mid-air, he created ice swords and threw them at the Mages that were behind the crowd.

"Aye aye~" There was only five. That was a pity, he created four swords, so four will die ? No, only one since all the swords aimed at one mage. As dozens of swords were created, this time, he didn't aim at all as they fell on the crowd of orcs at the same time. It landed into a shoulder, a head, a leg, a hand, an arm, et cetera.

"And that's only the start... oh well, at least, I am a bait." Somehow, he didn't know whether that was a good idea or not, at least, he knew that more and more orcs will come here, even if he was alone, he was against dozens of them yet still uninjured. Of course they would like to end him quickly.
    So during this time, the villagers may be able to run away, that wasn't his main concern right now, even if his mana was boundless, he couldn't do everything by himself, so he will concentrate on one thing, what he was best at.

OOC: And... well I will make the next later~

4. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    The sound of cannon reloading and firing in continuous succession filled the sky. Some of the ballistae also let out mechanical sound as the continuously being reloaded and fire out their large arrow toward any flying enemies on the vicinity. Due to the heavy shield that surrounded the airship, not a single scratch could be seen. But that was not the same with the other airship. Some of them clearly showed sign of being overwhelmed. The only good thing is that they are still flying and their ammunition still managed to keep them firing their guns without any trouble.

“Master Shadow, we’ve just got report that some of the orcs managed to dig a tunnel toward some villages.”

“…This is bad.”

Quickly after hearing that, Shadow who was on the deck firing his weapon let out a groan. He reloaded his crossbow with another fresh cartridge of explosive bolt and emptied it at the wyvern that is going to get closer to the airship. The explosion swallowed the wyvern and also clipped some of its nearby comrade, hurting them to the point of disturbing their flight. Before they could flew away, the ballistae made short work of them as large bolt punctured their body, killing them in spot.

“Arkley, set our course to the Frontier Village. Full speed ahead. Bombard anything on the way. I want them ridden with holes.”

“As you commanded, Master Shadow.”

The spider left after tapping his metal mandibles. Shadow then took the communication device and then activated the communication to the rest of the heavy airships.

“Captains of heavy airships, this is your Guildmaster speaking. Set course to the village on point 1, 7, and 8. Provide support fire. You are allowed to use the Bomb ammunition. Be careful of hitting civilian. That is all!”

The moment he stopped the communication line, the heavy airships dispersed to their locations, leaving Shadow’s airship alone.

“Now, we shall defend Frontier Village.”

OOC:
    Global Effect :
    Fire Support ( Village 1, 7, 8 and Frontier Village)
    Heavy airships will provide heavy fire support. Anyone can take down monster one rank above their usual rank. Bombs and explosion ahoy!

Shadow’s Airship (Frontier Village)
    Heavy cannons and ballistae support for the one around Frontier Village. Wyvern will be slowed down tremendously.

Nurman, Clown333, leegood and 5 others like this.
  5. The Forever Distant Victory

The Forever Distant Victory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ________ Village 5’s Battlefield, Gen’s POV ________​

“Stay focused! Don’t stop even once, or you’re dead!” I yelled, trying to encourage the riders in the battlefield.

As the army clearly outnumbered us, even using traps and tactics, there was only so much we could do.

The arrows of the kobold riders had already dried up, so we dropped our bows and picked lances and halberds for the battle. We were still keeping the same hit and run strategy as before, since we couldn’t face them directly.

The rhinos that the orcs rode were tough. Staying in the way of their charge was something that one shouldn’t even consider, so we keenly avoided this and attacked by the sides, aiming for the riders, rather than the beasts.

Some rhinos had orc mages mounted on them, making them specially nasty to deal with.

In contrast with my men, Grom’s troops on the chariots were faring quite well. They were slower than us by a bit, but had way more arsenal being carried, so their arrows had yet to run out for now, and they even had some javelins.

Of course, not everything was going well. The army had approached quite a bit the fortress, so the humans got impatient and joined up the battle. As they were mostly on foot and poorly army, the result wasn’t pretty at all.

As for the airship over the village… It was suffering quite a bit under the harassment of the wyverns.

Taking some distance from the enemy riders, I decided to check the situation in the sky. Curiously, the wyverns gathered in a single place and were seemingly lining up.

“What are they...” Before I could even finish my sentence, I was interrupted by a loud shriek coming from the wyverns. The beasts completely lit themselves in fire, turning into large fireballs, then flung themselves against the airship.

As sturdy as it could be, it wouldn’t be able to hold the impact of those wyverns, and surely enough, as soon as they clashed against the large airship, large burnt holes formed. The airship started to lose height, drifting in the direction of the battlefield.

Everyone in the battlefield froze for a moment. Friend or foe, that falling airship wouldn’t differentiate once it crashed against the ground.

Without a shred of hesitation, every single creature in the battlefield started panicking and running for their lives.

*pretend that I knew how an airship crashing in a battlefield would sound like and added the onomatopoeia here*

*KABOOOOOM!!!!*

The crashing airship made the ground rumble, throwing me off my mount. Getting up from the ground with some pain, I stared at the place of the crash. Through the flames, I could see the retreating orcs.

Hearing a weapon being dropped near me, I turned to find a dazzled human, staring at the orcs’ backs. “W-we won?”

The other humans in the battlefield seemed to be asking themselves the same thing, but it only lasted a moment before they broke in a cheer.

It seems the battle is over for now… But so is our ways of transportation.

[Village Battle Part 2/2]

((Final results:
    Village 5 successfully defended;
    Orcs are now running away, heading east and south. They might turn into trouble later on;
    The airship at Village 5 crashed down, so there are no ways to evacuate the villagers, should the orcs attack again.))

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Nurman, leegood, JinVodka and 2 others like this.
  6. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [Village 1]

Suddenly, the sky seemed to be clearer and brighter, for some unknown reasons, at least, Cinere didn't know since he couldn't check in the middle of a battle, but... there was explosions, those things falling from the sky were bombs. It wasn't obviously killing the orcs, but that was injuring them, weakening them.
    Immediately, Cinere created a ice dome where to shelter as the crowd of orcs was disturbed by all those explosions, it gave him a leeway he didn't sigh of relief, he only looked at the blood that were under the feet of all the orcs, when the explosions momentarily stopped...

"It's time." Quickly, he went toward his enemies and when his hands touched the blood, they looked at him but didn't expect this, that the blood will become ice and pierce them from below, this blood was the one of their kin, and it sinked into their throats, their neck. Red ice spikes appeared on this pathetic battlefield quickly.

When Cinere saw who was the last one standing, he snorted and looked at this orc who was unexpectedly calm and composed, simply ready to fight as brave flames were shining in his eyes, it didn't impress and make him go wow, he began to talked as he took his seax and not some ice sword, one that wasn't made from his hands.

"So so so, how was it ? To think that you had a chance against a little and frail person when you didn't ?" The Orc Warlord didn't reply to his question as it readied its greatsword, it wouldn't reply or he would simply go berserk, filled with hatred toward Cinere who was widely smiling, he looked at the sky and continued to ask as he walked around, aimlessly, just circling around.
    "And what are your colleagues doing ? Did they just watch their comrades die without batting an eye ? Oh my, so heartless. They aren't going to help you. Why is it ? Or are they just terrified to attack, because they don't want to hurt you when the result of this fight is obvious, you will die and those wyverns and mages in the sky shall die." Cinere's voice was still casual despite the content of his words, he was simply trying to provoke this orc.

"Oh ? Did someone never taught to you that you should reply to questions ? Anyway, what's your name ? Mine is useless to know since you will die. Shall we start, talk or wait a bit ?" Cinere asked as he looked at the orc who took a step, who screamed and lifted his sword and jumped toward him with eye injected with bloods, he laughed. However, at the same time, a mage of a wyvern, that was the only one, casted a spell at him, a fireball as expected.
    "Two against one. Well, it's better than before I guess~" Well, two weakened B-Rank against him, wasn't it perfect to train a bit ? Cinere smiled but then thought about Mika, he wondered what was the state of the area he left, probably awful.
    "I will see later. Right now, I can't." He was fighting, so it was time to temporary discard supposedly useless thoughts.

OOC: The next part is probably... probably the end~

Nurman, leegood, JinVodka and 2 others like this.
  7. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    [Great Plains - Area 6]

Making her way down the street, Rhialla came across some goblins that had managed to enter the village. Throwing her mist knives at them with deadly precision, she ignored their corpses and continued moving.

Her mind becoming clouded by the vast amount of spirits gathered around her, she quickly forgot about performing her ritual once more enemies came before her.

Hearing the sound of the airship nearby stating that this area was safe, she stopped walking down the street and thought.
    Here is safe...I saved them in time...but others need help...I must go there...
    Changing course, she walked out of the village - not noticing the nearby villagers backing away from her appearance - and moved to the airship.

[Great Plains - Area 7]

Rhialla did not register what occurred on her journey in the airship, her mind focused on destroying the Orc army. Coming off the transport, she noticed the mayor giving a speech, as a group of wyverns approached from the sky and enemies from the Orc army crawled out of a tunnel into the village.
    Noticing the man standing next to some soldiers, Rhialla realised he was a guild member also, and began making her way to him to better know the situation.

Hearing the cannon fire going off and affecting the wyverns, and feeling the chill from the blizzard raging above in the sky, she quickened her pace, wanting to propose working with the man to help take down the wyverns.
    They are a huge threat. They must die.
    A slightly sinister smile began to creep on her face as she made her way across the crowd, her pet dragon feeling something off about her 'mother' rested her small head under Rhialla's neck, not wanting to disturb her.

Finally reaching the man, she said in an uncharacteristic way from her usual self:
    "You. Take down those wyverns with me."

[OOC: Rhialla is becoming affected by the spirits of her foes, her personality is turning cold]
    [Killed enemies total:
    Orc Leaders - (x153)
    Orc Rhino Riders - (x160)
    Boar Warriors - (x424)
    Goblins - (x797)

Killed enemies this post:
    Orc Leaders - (x0)
    Orc Rhino Riders - (x0)
    Boar Warriors - (x0)
    Goblins - (x5)

Villagers saved total: (x169)
    Villagers saved this post - (x0)

Kidnapped children rescued total: (x67)
    Kidnapped children rescued this post - (x0)

Villagers onboard airship: (x117)]
    X

Nurman, leegood, JinVodka and 3 others like this.
  8. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [Village 1]

Facing the Orc Warlord, the Orc Mage riding a wyverns along with wild wyverns who didn't specially aimed at him contrary to the other , Cinere sighed, that was a bit too much in his point of view but he quickly shrugged it off as he began to fight against the Orc, his seax was quickly swung however, the moment it was going to be blocked, he retracted it and lowered himself to kick the Orc Warlord's leg.
    As his leg touched it, it didn't went as planned, in other words, the Orc Warlord's leg wasn't completely frozen, just partly.

"It means I can't destroy you into pieces." Cinere sighed as he avoided the Greatsword by backing away, then, he sidestepped because of the second swing, he lowered himself at the third swing, he rolled on the ground at the fourth swing, then...
    The orc tried to make Cinere losing his leeway and honestly it wasn't working since this damned elf didn't seem to break a sweat at all, he was as fine as the start of the fight, at least, that's how he looked to the orc.
    "Anyway, time to stop fooling around." Right, Cinere was fighting without magic which was his forte, that's like removing an arm to a warrior specialized in two-handed weapons.
    There was a lot of blood under their feet, so obviously, he was screwed up.

Realizing this, the mage riding the wyvern was preparing a big spell to attack Cinere who yawned as the blood became ice once again and pierced the Orc Warlord, of course, not the armor, but at the joint of the armor where the skin was slightly exposed, and now, the Orc couldn't move.
    "Well, you will bleed and stay stuck until you die. Hm... normally, you wouldn't be able to destroy the ice as... even a Cyclop won't be able to destroy it." Now now now, he looked at the huge fireball which was falling from the sky, on Cinere. Well, it's not lava, is it ?
    An ice wall was quickly used to nullify the damage that this fireball could have made, it was just this easy. It was somehow boring.
    "Well, one has his fate sealed while this one..."

Rolling his eyes, Cinere began teleporting many times in a row until he is high enough in the sky, to be above the wyverns, after a sigh, the mage looked up and thought that they were screwed up like hell. That was simply illogical to meet someone like this, his actions were just too... casual. It seemed like it was nothing when he did this.
    "A shame... I can't fly but only plane." But still, that was already enough since, right now, all he had to do was one thing, creating ice swords, dozens of dozens of dozens of dozens... or hundreds of dozens, the number wasn't a problem anyway.
    Avoiding the spits of acid quite easily by teleporting again and again, the swords fell on the wyverns and especially the mage who couldn't resist, they weren't melting to fire. So what could he do except... getting pierced and die ?

"...Hm... when using magic, it's definitively easy..." Cinere muttered as he was slowly descending from the sky along with the corpses of wyverns, there may be some except but well, they will be attracted by the scent of blood and will simply die like the others.

"I guess I will just fool around this place ?" Except chasing for some lost monsters, and villagers that were running away, there was nothing to do, but he will probably station around the corpses as it will attract those beasts.
    "I feel like eating some chocolate..." Maybe he should enter in a house and "go shopping" ? He didn't know. He will just do as he pleases anyway. Though, he was thinking that when it will end, he should go talk to Mika about... her explosion. He thought that she should talk about it and since he was the nearest to it, that was probably for the best.

leegood, Haxagen and JinVodka like this.
  9. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: :sweating_profusely: Sorry, really did go short for a while there. Hope this is fine.
    "What?"

Hubo and co were clearly confused.

"Who the hell are you, lady?"
    Nome ceased his eyebrows

Suddenly though, everyone heard the roar of wyverns in the sky.

"Is that wyverns I hear? Is the next wave already here?!"
    Sigmund cried out in disbelief

The villagers also heard it, and their faces were not any better
    "We're doomed! We're doomed!"

"What can we do-"

Suddenly they also heard cannonfire piercing through the air.

Before they knew it, they witnessed the screech of an wyvern exploding in the air.

"...We're saved! The airships are finally here!"
    The mayor wiped his forehead in relief.
    "It's not over yet though. Even with guild support in range, we'll still have quite a bit of an fight on our hands. Lady, I assume you are another member of the guild, eh?"
    Hubo crossed his arms while he's saying this.

"...I see you are quite eager, but I say I'll main priority would be clearing a path to the airship to get these civilians to safety first, I believe."
    He shrugged.

"But you will achieve your goal, and so will I if we work together to clear a path. Lets have a good partnership."
    Saying those words, he came forward to offer a handshake.

What they didn't notice, was the snowflakes slowly falling down from the sky from high above...

10. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    <Jin Vodka's POV: Great Plains Area 8>

Jin moved his head as he noticed a sudden arrival of large number lifeforms from out of nowhere just North of him. He didn't this notice where they are coming from at all.

"Where could have they come from...? Teleportation? No, I didn't sense magic at all.." Jin eyes where still empty but a fire was lit on it. Wings once again materialize but they where blazing fire. His clothes quickly dried as the intense heat was released around him. He quickly flew at a mach speed leaving behind a strong gust of wind. There was no time to waste, he should do what he can. JIn flew quickly to the Area 8 from Area 9, his speed increases as he multiple Wyverns.

A lot of screams... He could see the children getting dragged by the Orcs riding the Wyverns. "Unforgivable..." Jin quickly rushed towards the Wyverns, the Orc mages release fireballs towards Sky. But to their surprise, it got sucked somewhere. The flames where being devoured by the blazing wings on Jin's back. He past by several hordes of Goblins, Orcs and Boar Warrior. Burning them all as his trails leave feathers of flame.

"DIE!!!!!!" Jin released an angry howl. His [Taunting Howl] activated attracting the attention of the Wyverns as they quickly went towards his direction. A large lump of magma emerges from his childish hands.

*BAAM!*
    Jin pouched the Wyvern on his head breaking its skull. He then dragged the neck of the nearby Wyvern and rotated it as he throws it to the floor. Suddenly he heard a scream as a child falls from the nearby Wyvern who stopped abruptly due to fear. He quickly rushed to carry make a teleportation circle underneath the child.

"Alright... stay calm down." Jin took a depth breath and analyze the surroundings. Heavy airships are already location attacking the other Wyverns. He looked to civilians trying to evacuate who were sweating due to heat.'[Gnev Form] is not advisable with civilians around. I could hardly control it even with my teacher advice. Let's take a deep breath and use [Stolz form] as it is stable.'

Jin flaming wings dissipates as it started to turned solid ice. He concentrated to the Sky as a large magic circle was made. Soon a large cloud emerges as snow started to fall to the ground. 'Concentrate and control the amount of mana in every snowflake. Differentiate the emotion level of the civilians and enemies. Change the formula for each reaction.'

The villagers running away stopped for a while to notice the snow. It was strange since it was not just cool, not only that there feel revigorated. Those who got wounded found there wounds slowly healing. With those effects, the villagers once again gain energy to evacuate as they carried there children and any valuables they can.

On the other hand, the enemies received different effects from the snow. They started to slow down at the snow touches them draining their energy. The weaker monsters in E Rank were frozen to death as the snow pile on top of them.

"Everyone please entered the magic circle as it will teleport you directly to Aeternus City." Jin appeared in front of the villagers as he created a teleportation magic circle behind him. It was connected to the Aeternus from the center of the village 8 plazas. The villagers hesitant listening to a child but when they learn that he was an adventurer. They also saw felt pleasant to the aura Jin was releasing as they hurriedly went inside as fast they can. "To those who are able to fight. Please do help me assist in saving the other villagers and lead them here. Don't worry I'll keep my watch in every corner and send help."

"Alright!" "We understood we will do our best!" The men rushed the other villagers who haven't escape yet. They rally those who didn't hear Jin's voice and enter the magic circle as quickly as possible.

'Holy aura really is useful for calming the citizens and making them trust you.' Jin flew on the center to the sky as he created multiple [Ice Spears]. He continued making them as he kept releasing it towards the monsters killing them. He also creates [Glaciel spikes] when some villagers are in pinch. He kept wide eye on the area trying his best to control the situation.

OOC:
    [Holy Frost Snow Weather Magic] - Gentle snow is continuously falling in Village 8.
    - buffs the villagers and allies with increase stamina and heals
    - debuffs enemies making them sluggish and do frost damage when piling on one another.​

11. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    | Location: Great Plains Area 4 to Area 8
    | Objective: Eliminate hostile enemies

My situation is in a dangerous state. It is due to my compliance with the mission and disregard of my well-being.
    Earlier due to the [Choas Core] and my system being corrupted. I took a great risk and engaged a monster way my above current abilities. The Wyverns have thicker skin just as the data I received all the enhanced arrows where deem useless. The Orcs was the most important target but the Wyvern movement was too agile and they can use their wings to block the arrows.

Another mistake was trying to take the battle in the sky. As I propelled myself and try to ride a wyvern and kill the Orc. I was completely surrounded and even with the [Berserk Activation]. Damage kept increasing until my Exoframe started to crack. I was finally unable to fight for my [Chaos Core] cracked during the fight.

Right now I'm being carried by the Wyvern feet towards Southeast. From my estimation is that the destination is to Village 8.

For now, I should check my damage report.

| Damage Report: 47%
    | Right Arm is broken and no longer available
    | Cooling System leaking due to damage
    | Chaos Core sustained a crack that might leak dangerous energy
    | System overheating

I could still fight but the Chaos Core is in a dangerous state. I hold at the core that was on the chest. It was releasing a strange mana through my sensor. Right now my body is overheating as the cooling liquid is leaking. The Chaos Core is also releasing intense energy.

The only possibility now is force shutdown to avoid further damage. Or to self-destruct so I could take them down with me. I already saw us nearing the coordinate 8. There was a heavy airship flying the sky as it fires heavy artillery to the Wyverns. There was also snow falling and a child flying in the sky with ice wings. I remembered him as Jin Vodka an adventurer. Then I'm reassured but I noticed a sudden change in the [Chaos Core] as it started to go dangerous level. "Emergency Shut down!"

| System Emergency Shut down on 3... 2... Error
    | Command abruptly stopped... Corruption on the system to severe
    | Disabling [Chaos Core]... Error
    | Destruction imminent on 30 minutes...

"No choice" I grabbed the [Chaos Core] with the only arm I have left. I tried to detach it from my body but it wouldn't budge. Am I going to get destroyed here..? Not yet... I haven't done fixing Ezero. What would happened to Skia if I will go? I mustered all my strength trying to take out the [Chaos Core] forcefully as it stuck on the chest.

OOC: @JinVodka I'm sorry for the delay:sushi_sorry:
    Chaos Core is on the verge of exploding due to overheating. Please do remove :blobhero:

12. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    ". . ."
    Looking around at the civilians and then the orc army rushing after them, Rhialla's mind got triggered - the spirits tainting her - and she changed her tactics.
    "Sure. We'll kill all who stand in our way."
    Taking out her Black Rose daggers, she used her wind magic to push apart the civilians, making a path for her and Hobo to run through.

After a few minutes of running, they both reached the first group of enemies and started striking them down. Rhialla went back into a trance-like state, stabbing and piercing and thrusting and slicing and killing, killing, killing, killing, killing...
    Must...kill...them all...

With both guild members working in tandem to clear the area for the civilians, enemies' numbers began to rapidly reduce. With every kill Rhialla achieved, another spirit gathered around her, and her aura and manner darkened more.
    Must...protect...civilians...
    Rhialla's movements had become faster, her movements more precise, her reflexes increasing as her state of mind became more and more clouded.

After about an hour of non-stop fighting, the Rhialla and Hobo had taken out a significant portion of the enemy ground forces, nearly having reached the entrance to the tunnel used to get into the village. Slicing and stabbing away at her enemies, Rhialla was in such a trance-like state that she had found herself in front of an incredibly well-built Orc, wearing different attire from the rest of the enemies, it seemed to be commanding the others on what to do. With the blizzard in the sky having made the village grow exceptionally cold, the enemies movements had been rather sluggish, making them easier to kill. Rhialla, not paying attention to what she was attacking, lunged at the back of the Orc, stabbing it in the back and getting her daggers stuck in its dense muscular body...
    Huh? Why won't it die?
    ...this was no Orc she had attacked, but the Orc Warlord leading the tunnel forces...

Hobo saw what had happened and his back began to sweat...

[OOC: Due to the spirits gathered around Rhialla, she has cast a self-hypnosis on herself, causing her to go into a pseudo-berserk state who attacks anything from the Orc army. Amazingly enough, she is not hostile towards any civilians. She doesn't realise the predicament she is in.]

[Killed enemies total:
    Orc Leaders - (x153)
    Orc Rhino Riders - (x160)
    Boar Warriors - (x424)
    Goblins - (x797)

Killed enemies this post: (not including Hobo's kill count)
    Orc Leaders - (x25)
    Orc Rhino Riders - (x36)
    Boar Warriors - (x84)
    Goblins - (x117)

Villagers saved total: (x169)
    Villagers saved this post - (x0)

Kidnapped children rescued total: (x67)
    Kidnapped children rescued this post - (x0)

Villagers onboard airship: (x117)]
    X

13. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    <Jin Vodka Pov's Village 8>

Jin was killing the surviving monsters from rank D-B as he continuously used a different array of ice magic. The villagers are almost evacuated as the buff increases their stamina and heals avoiding too many injuries.

Suddenly Jin noticed a large amount of energy being released from the north. He looked behind him to see a large wyvern carrying a blue-haired woman who tries her best to take the core embedded in the chest. The core was releasing an intense chaos energy on the verge of exploding. I swiftly fly towards the direction as created multiple ice spears sending it to the Wyverns.

"[Ice Blade]" Jin creates a blade made of ice as he cut off the claw that holding the woman. He grabbed the woman in my arms and touched the claw as it started to freeze until it breaks. She was covered with wounds but the strange thing is his healing magic doesn't work on her. Upon closer inspection, she was not a living being, a golem. "My name is Jin Vodka an adventurer--"

"The core please detach it..."
    "Alright! I forgot," Jin swiftly grabbed the [Chaos Core] as he easily takes it out with his strength. Sensing that it's on verge of explosion. He immediately throws it to the direction of the Wyverns that flying in the sky in the distance.

*BOOM!*
    A loud explosion occurred as the core reach the Wyverns and killed them. It was a sight as the explosion was a mixture of violet and black.

Jin quickly landed on the ground and then politely placed her on the ground. He finally notices the missing arm and leaking substance as he hastily created ice to block it. He then looked towards the girl as he stood up."Are you alright miss? My healing seems not working on you?"

OOC: @A.I.M.E-02847 hope this is alright~

14. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    | Location: Great Plain Area 8
    | System: Currently Safe from Further Danger
    | Stabilize and Switching the Energy Core
    | Fixing File Corruption
    | System Fully Restored
    | Objective: Eliminate Enemy

I saw the [Chaos Core] exploded with great force killing the Wyverns near it. I sigh with relief that I was able to survive once again.

"Yes, everything is stabilized right now. Thank you very much for your help." I nodded as I stood up looking down at the child smaller to me. To be saved by a child but he seems stronger for his age. I bowed down to properly introduced myself.

"I'm called Aime in the guild. It is a pleasure to meet you, fellow adventurer. I'm an automata and an artificial lifeform which would explain why your healing magic won't work on me. I'm sorry for the inconvenience," I once again bowed. My body really is not compatible with the support magic on this world as it has no effect on a manaless machine like me. I noticed in my mini-map several hostile monsters but they seemed considerably weaken.

"Then, I will do my best to fight alongside with you." I gently smiled as I rushed to the battlefield. I was thankful that the child covered my missing arm with ice to block the leakage. Even if I have no right arm and my Exoframe was considerably damaged. As long as I have my both feet and remaining left hand, it is enough. I'm still able to fight the monsters who are already weakened.

OOC: @JinVodka This will be my last entry.
    You can take control of the character and fight it. Thanks for the help :blobhug:

15. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    <Jin Vodka POV's Great Plain Area 8>

"No problem, I'm just glad to help... Uhuh, I see--" Jin carefully listens as Aime bombarded him information about herself. Before he could even properly react. She already rushed on the battlefield even her body was damaged. "Wait! Aren't you still injured!?"

Jin's eyes went wide opened seeing the woman fighting the orcs with great spirit. She didn't even hesitate with her current state and immediately obliterate the monsters on her path.

"Pfft.... Ahahaha. How embarrassing," Jin giggled as he covered his blushing face while the villagers looked at him strangely. For me to be downhearted when I'm supposed to be someone who should keep my pace. Aahhh... Went did I let anything affect them much..?"

Jin smiled as he looked towards the Automata fighting vigorously as she pouched and break her enemies. She would immediately leap towards the villagers to block the attack Orc without care. Whether it is because she was an Automata, it doesn't matter. Her will to protect and to fulfil her duty was pretty admirable. Even Jin could feel ashamed of not doing anything due to wallowing in despair.

"Thank you very much Aime~ For waking me up~" Jin grinned as he flew in the sky. The past is the past and now what is important is the present. He should do his best to protect those who are living and pray for those who departed.

"Come at me you annoying Wyverns!" Jin shouted as he used [Taounting Howl] attracting the flying Wyverns to his direction. He then rotated as he rushed towards them crushing them with his wings. He then suddenly stopped and opened his wings as he waves it dropping down multiple sharp ice feather on the ground killing multiple Orc Wolf Raiders.

"Bring it on!" JIn recovered his energy as he once again fight on the battlefield.

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    After a long while, it was finally over.

The orcs were finally retreating after a long and arduous battle, and yet, there was hardly any feeling of joy on the winners' head.

The victory was... Bitter. Many were lost, villages were destroyed, resources were taken... For once, the guild members did not have a smile on their faces after defeating their enemy.

How could things come to this? How were we caught completely off-guard? Where did all of the orcs even come from anyway? How didn't we see them moving? And most importantly... How weren't we able to fight back?

This sort of questions loomed on the minds of the adventurers, while the villagers... They were too busy grimacing over everything to ponder about that... Winter is ending, but it will be a long and harsh end.

Alas, the future always brings hope, even on these conditions, we were still victorious somehow, and with that, we can move forward. Survival has never been easy, so we must all work our hardest to make sure that the lost lives would not be in vain.
    ------------------------------------------​
    ((Hi hi everyone! Alice here with the probably big OOC corner again! ^^)/

First of all, dear God, the reaction to this raid was a huge relief overall... I was really scared, you know? A simple Orc Raid is something that has not been done since the first month for a good reason, there was waaaaaay too much power creep on this guild! It would be strange to make a raid against a horde of enemies that could be one shotted by most active members after all.

So... Seeing the actual reaction and struggles of everyone was a huge relief! I'm glad you all had fun with it!

Now... About this raid.

Might be a bit weird to have something like this coming suddenly like that, right? I mean, we haven't touched the Orc Lands in ages, so why was there suddenly an attack with no foreshadowing whatsoever?

Well... That was part of the intent actually, it was a surprise attack and nobody had a clue on why or how it was happening... I mean, everyone saw Jin's and Cinere's last posts? The orcs never had a chance of "winning" this thing, so why did they attack? Why did they go out of their way to pillage some villages and run away? Why bother with kidnapping children? They clearly took a bunch of losses here...

And well, that's part of the mystery for now~
    Hopefully we'll be able to pick up the pace and make some interesting stuff for everyone this year.

Hmmmm... In all honesty, we were actually hoping to do a raid with things that were already foreshadowed before and all, but... Well, might sound weird coming from that one person that is almost always online, but most of the staff was pretty busy for the most of those last few months.

But dunno, I think the outcome of this one was pretty great! This is good enough I think.

A shame the last day was kinda dead... I guess Sundays are busy for everyone? Or did we just not provide much content for the last day? I mean, I did think of adding one more twist to it, but I honestly felt it would feel kinda bland...

On the other hand, I think this is the first raid we had in a long while without a raid boss... How did it feel? Was it alright? Did it feel lacking? I'm open to feedback, I'm not really sure if it was a good or a bad idea to not add one.

... On the other hand, if you look at the monster list, there was no A-ranked enemy there, and that's on purpose, so... Adding a raid boss in the middle of that would feel somewhat out of place to me... But dunno, I want to hear how you all feel about it if possible.

Hmmmm... What else what else... I guess my raid end post was kinda lacking in information... I'm always bad at making them I think, let me put a resume of the overall outcomes of the raid then.
    • Villages 1 and 8; mostly intact, the adventurers being there due to feeling some unease helped mitigate the damages of the Orc attack.
    • Villages 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7; Damaged, had a good amount of resources pillaged, people lost in the battle, but... They'll live. Might have a harsh winter end and all, but losing provisions while also losing people sort of evens out in the end of having enough food to last... Wow, this is dark.
    • Villages on area 5; One was completely wiped out, the other is mostly intact.
    • Village 9; Wiped out.
    • Kidnapped children: A part of them was rescued, but for the most part their parents are dead, so they'll have to be moved to other families, they'll have a hard time, but at least they'll be safe... The ones that couldn't be saved... Well, that will be left for the future.
    • Frontier Village; seems like everyone forgot about the sudden attack on Frontier! xD
      Was I not very clear on the announcement? Was it simply not given enough highlight? Did it not feel very important? Or was everyone simply too busy to move there on the last part?
      I'm curious, I felt it was a nice idea to have an attack on it because it would be unexpected to have the enemy's army attack a well-guarded place instead of the other weaker ones...
      In any case, it took some heavy damage, but it didn't fall and the Teleport Gate is still operational, most of the guarding golems should be gone though.
    Well... I guess that's about it? I hope we'll be able to provide more content this year than we did on the last one! We have some ideas that still need some polishing, but are more or less ready already, which is good I think!

... Oh, rewards should come soonish... Or it is what I'd like to say, but we still need to work on them, please wait for a while longer! >.<

Once again, I hope you all enjoyed the raid, and any feedback you can give is greatly appreciated!

Thanks to everyone that took their time to read this OOC note! Have a nice week!!! ^^)/))

RAID IS CLOSED!

17. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Locked on request. Contact @AliceShiki with any questions, concerns, comments or complaints.

leegood and AliceShiki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.