Japanese She Professed Herself The Pupil Of The Wiseman

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Megazero, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Megazero

Megazero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: She Professed Herself The Pupil Of The Wiseman
    Raw Link:
    http://ncode.syosetu.com/n6829bd
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/she-professed-herself-the-pupil-of-the-wiseman/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    Personally, I feel like its 1 of the rarer novel out there where the MC have a certain charm/is charismatic that just make you like them. The whole gender bender thing really doesnt matter all that much, and with the manga being translated now it just seem like a good time to continue this series again, with the last translated chapter being around 3 months ago.

Description:
    Sakimori Kagami plays a VRMMORPG called Arch Earth Online. He is a veteran player with the name and appearance similar to an elderly bearded wizard from a certain book about a ring.

One day he purchases an appearance change item as a last resort to spend expiring currency and gets the idea of choosing what he would want to look like if his character was ever a girl.

Falling asleep should have suspended the game, but Kagami wakes up still online and feels the game has has gotten a bit more realistic. Did Arch Earth Online finally get a long-awaited update? Or…

2. vector

vector Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Nekorin

Nekorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 desu~
    :blobReach::blobReach::blobReach::blobReach::blobReach:

5. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 i just hope it'll be picked up

6. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    +23

It's a great story, though it's important to decide whether to pick up the LN or the WN. both are very similar however as can be told from the manga adaption, a few core details in the flow of the story have been altered when it went to print in LN format.

there were a few... issues... with the original translation group, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say a start from the very beginning may or may not be in order eventually. it depends on the accessibility of the old translations and the demand for immediate progression of the story.

Claire Lilly likes this.
  7. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Boop

8. earlkuma

earlkuma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 Mira-chan squishy cheek

9. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Our group have the raw for the LN but the translator have no time to translate it....

Claire Lilly likes this.
  10. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here, I too have the raws, but not the knowledge to translate them... Well, um, I just bought them for collector purposes anyway. But it wouldn't be a problem to share them.

kenar likes this.
  11. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    we only bought the second volume. I was supposed to be the one who translate it but I got my hand full with assignments and exams. not to mention that my midterm is coming in a few weeks.
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

12. Megazero

Megazero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the one currently on NU/on the NU link and has been going on for a while till it got dropped by other group is the WN version, so the raw is right there :p We just need a translator for it

13. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Okaaaay. I'm going to pick up the wn. But, please be patient with me since I tend to translate slowly and carefully.

OhChrisis and Claire Lilly like this.
  14. vector

vector Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Megazero

Megazero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why I didnt get the notification for this... good luck :D Im looking forward to it

16. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    okay, I finished my finals in uni :blobsmilehappyeyes:. I can start translating this series but I'll start at chapter 48.
    I recalled someone said that it was minor change but it contributed to the plot. if you read the manga, you'll notice the difference between the LN and the WN for Mira's first conflict or combat. In the WN, Mira parted ways with the soldiers and encountered some monsters on the way while testing her skills for a bit. But in the LN, Mira's first official combat was in the flower garden and it was introduced as to why demons were troublesome in many ways but that was the only thing explanation from the author. Someone somewhere said that that incident will be used as plot later on, though I can't confirm that since I haven't reach that far.

I'm going to translate the WN though. I'm a bit paranoid, you see. I'm afraid that if I'm working on the LN, DMCA will hit me hard xD soon enough. On a side note, I'm going to reread mira first before I start translating. I feel like I forget almost anything about the story. :blobokhand:

Claire Lilly likes this.
  17. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Satursan

Satursan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone pick this novel please? I really like this novel. I'd appreciate it if someone pick it up. And it seems that the raw is already at 200+.