Recommendations Looking for Novels like History's Strongest Elder Brother

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Mikleo, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest novel that I'm interested in is this novel, History's Strongest Elder Brother (which I hope will be translated till the end). I'm just wondering if there are other novels like this novel? Where the MC literally doesn't want to fight nor care about the supposed 'Main Character'-like figure in a story?

All the other novels that I know with these MCs are Reverse Otome Novels like these novels:

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/...nated-into-the-world-of-a-yandere-otome-game/

or

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/...-as-a-villainess-with-only-destruction-flags/

So yeah, I want to know if there are other stories where the Reincarnated, Transmigrated, or Whatever MC that avoids trouble against the 'MC' of the current world.

Hopefully, the recommended Novel (if you guys can recommend something like this) will EXCLUDE Arrogant Characters that is just way too Arrogant . I'm ok with Arrogant-Intelligent characters who can back it up, but not Arrogant-Douchebag MCs that literally ruins the story (Like the MC in Tales of Gods and Demons).

2. Knightlight

Knightlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TDG MC isn't really a douchebag, arrogant as all hell ofc, BUT with good reason. He literally fought to the death with the strongest person of that entire realm before, i'd be arrogant as all hell, if not more so if i were him.

pocketbear likes this.
  3. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, he bullied his clan leader for no reason even when the clan leader didn't do anything to him at that point. That's my version of arrogant. I dropped that novel because I can't take his personality. So I dunno what you're talking about defeating some OP Person.

4. Tor

Tor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you not know the first novel of that same author...History's Number 1 Founder..

kainee and Enryu022 like this.
  5. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending , lol the mc acts all arrogant but it's not really his fault is like a side effect of his transmigration , he's basically a Tsundere or maybe a Tsun tsun ,anyways is good you should read it, the mc is reincarnated into one of the villians of a game he was a super fan of , he tries to avoid "troubles" with the mc and even nurture /train him.

History's number 1 founder by the same author it's also quite good , the mc has a quest to make the number 1 sect of the world and for that he needs MC level disciples , what's really funny is that he himself is a measly low-tier cultivator who has to bluff his disciples and enemies alike , he just trains slightly faster than his mc level disciples.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  7. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    I do know History's Number One Founder, I love that novel, lol!

9. Dragn555

Dragn555 Writer of Unnecessary Essays

Reading List:
    Link
    My Disciple Died Yet Again

The MC of this one needs to stop the 'bugs' (normal xianxa MC) from destroying the world. During the story, many xianxia tropes are made fun of and every chapter will leave you wanting more.

Highly, HIGHLY, reccomend reading it.

10. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    When you read you should broader your mind and try to understand why someone would act like this. Why do people fear noble and how do they recognize a noble? Because of how they act. If you want your elder to listen you need to show your might, if not, they will questioned ever single decision you make thinking they know better and you're just a little child who doesn't know the difference between heaven and earth. I'm always amaze when people are so fast to judge without even trying to understand the why. Oh noes~ he treat his clansmen badly...

honglath and pocketbear like this.
  11. onnyfp

onnyfp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wo Jia Dashi Xiong Naozi You Keng.
    The manhua is already over 100 chapters. I dunno about the novel.

12. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not fast to judge, I judged him because it's going on for so many chapters already, is that fast for you? And the clan leader is treating him nicely (The Clan Lead is actually one of the few who was nice to him) but the MC has to go on Douche Mode on him. Read the Auction Scene again way back when the Purple Grass is still a hype. I don't know what your version of Arrogant Douchebags is, but that's your opinion. My perfect version of an Arrogant Douchebag is the MC in TGD, and that's my opinion. We all have different opinions.

Is being a Douchebag the only way to show your might?

So yeah, I think it's really pointless going on and on about this. We don't think the same, that's why we'll clash in our opinions. Let's end this now.

Either way, do you have something to recommend?

13. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    No the clan didn't treat him nicely, they only started to treat him better when they saw Ni Lie was a moneybag with some backing. If you are nice to people who mistreated you before, they will only see you as a weakling easy to abuse and profit from. Look at all the successful and wealthy people, they all have to establish a limit or else everyone will come to them with a pitiful face asking for help.

14. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, ok, as I said, we all have different opinions, so I rather not argue about this. So, let's end this already. This conversation is pointless and will go on and on.

16. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup! I'm actually reading History's Number One Founder already, I love it!

As for My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending, I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation!

Oh? I thought this is a romance novel? Is the MC the female who dies again and again? or the Master? Ok, I'll check it out, thanks!

It seems interesting, I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation!

17. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually do that too but this and the example for your post just caught my interest at a low level of chapters, I just hope the continue being translated ... one of the reasons I usually wait for at least 20 chapters before starting

18. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    To some extent, World of Cultivation has this. The MC has a stronger older sect brother who would more likely be the typical MC for a xianxia novel. (Although the series is now slowly changing as the MC gains more power)

A different approach is Because I'm a Weapon Shop Uncle. Young man gets reincarnated as village blacksmith, set up weapon shop to sell weapons to Heroes passing by.

There's also Lvl 999 Villager, but he can be kind of arrogant, I guess...

Then there's Konjiki no Wordmaster and Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru, where the MC gets summoned alongside heroes to fight the demon king, but refuses.

19. Nightazday

Nightazday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, the clan leader sold his city out. Even countries that banned the death penalty makes an exception to traitors. Sure the clan didn't do anything to him personally, but the entire point of his story is to protect a city. Which is a pretty selfless goal for Xianxia MCs.

Geor likes this.
  20. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Who are you talking about? I'm talking about the MCs clan leader dude. Nie Hai... of course, I already dropped the Novel when it was in the Auction Arc so I don't really know if Nie Hai really betrayed/sold the city out. But as far as I know, Nie Hai wasn't the one who sold the city to their enemies.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, since I don't know what 'Revelations' occured after the Auction Arc.