You're Perception

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by music_lover, Mar 1, 2018.

1. music_lover

music_lover Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what you guys think about this ...
    Uhm, do you think there will be no right or wrong
    if there is no rule ?
    My prof. discuss about this and I don't have any idea what to response to him
    this is also our homework and preparing for debate tomorrow ....

Sharudeis likes this.
  2. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    Jojo775 likes this.
  3. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea on as to how to response to this because I don't know what we're even discussing but fuck that yknow.

4. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Deep.....

music_lover likes this.
  5. Englandismycity

Englandismycity Rap God Nick Crom-... okay, I regret my username

Reading List:
    Link
    Most things that are said to be "right" or "wrong" are dictated by society and thus laws. But, I believe that there are some things which would be inherently wrong, even in an anarchical society, such as rape, pedophilia, or unjust murder. If an action is dehumanizing, it should be considered wrong, but the true argument would be which actions are considered to be dehumanizing and which aren't.

Xhzero likes this.
  6. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    what is right or wrong is not based on what is the rules but rather the opposite in other words what defines the rules are what is perceived as right or wrong
    Stealing is illegal because everyone is taught that it is wrong. but if there is a society where in stealing is okay not in term of the law but in terms of the perception by society then stealing is "good"

Xhzero likes this.
  7. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Right or wrong is not decided by the rules, but the rules is decided by right or wrong.

Rule is made so that human could behave themselves and avoid any destruction and mayhem in society. If there's no rules, that will make us humans not any different with animals, following their lust and greed freely. In other words, rules is made to humanizing the humans.

Note: it's "your", not "you're"

Xhzero, CyberCypher and music_lover like this.
  8. music_lover

music_lover Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh I apologize,
    I never know about the new rules here, but anyway thanks for recognizing it for me
    I Appreciate it ^^

9. music_lover

music_lover Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noted ^^

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Before laws, humans determined right or wrong with their morals and even before there's a concept of morals, humans perceived something that effected them negatively as bad, which could be labeled as wrong.

Sharudeis likes this.
  11. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what you mean by rules.
    Perception does affect how and what one views as just, but you also have to consider the fact that perception differs from person to person and is a product of an individual's experiences and the society they live in. The consideration of good and bad then becomes inherent, aand does not require external influence to be continually upheld. (Though whether or not people decide to abide by their conscience is a a separate issue entirely. And good and bad can be rather subjective.)
    When individuals come together and reach a consensus on what they deem is right or wrong, that's when the rules are formed. In that sense, it is not rules that dictate what is right or wrong, but the inverse.
    So...yeah. One's sense or right and wrong remains even without rules, though rules serve to reinforce whatever it is that they perceive, as well as act as a reflection of the collective's morals .
    Uhh just thought this off the top of my head. Probably not very accurate.

12. JohanneBrandt

JohanneBrandt Friendly Neighborhood Treehugger

Reading List:
    Link
    A majority of what is right and wrong in modern society is determined by regulations imposed on us by various... ideological apparatuses. Education, The Governing Body, Family, Religion, etc. That is not to say that there aren't potentially things which we may percieve as right and wrong regardless of regulation. A good example of this is unjustified murder, even in ancient societies murder with no good reason was considered wrong, because it's almost instinctual for us as animals to protect our kind, to procreate, and to expand our numbers. However a majority of what modern society considers right and wrong are entirely based upon regulation. Monogamy is considered the standard, and polygamy is wrong. Theft and murder are wrong regardless of circumstance. Beating children as education is wrong in most western countries, and yet it is okay in a lot of eastern nations. Things like this. So to sum up: There are some animalistic instincts which could be said to be our 'base' morals but they are only a small part of our morals today, which are for the most part decided by our societal regulations.

music_lover and Sharudeis like this.
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yes~ there will be right and wrong cuz it is opinion based on various thing~
    rule just one part~
    knowledge+experience+ whatever do most
    rule come from that thing

14. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm perception... :blobfearful::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:
    [​IMG]

Guyver likes this.
  15. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

16. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There will always be a right and wrong because there will always be a system that we beleives in; not as a whole but as individuals.
    These system exist to be manipulated into gains for it users, they include religion, politics, sociatial norms and others.
    These system are implemented and sustained only when the masses see gain as a possiblity and are dismantled or modified to adhere to changing norms or revolution.
    Though the latter may seek to destroy, dismantle (or modify) one of these system it is only to implement a new one that would be considered more beneficial (maybe to a minority).
    Society progresses through the meddling of these system against eachother.
    My conclusion is there will always be a right and wrong because, there will always be types of social constructs that people are willing to buy into.