Who's better ?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by huskybreed, Mar 1, 2018.

1. huskybreed

huskybreed Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please give me reasons why consoles are better than pc or
    reasons why pc is better than consoles....
    need advice since my brother was planning to buy his gaming kit.

2. GM_Rusaku

GM_Rusaku Neptune-sama's Devoted Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no better one then the other, what matters are what games can you play on a particular console and pc.

Blitz and huskybreed like this.
  3. SirKulinski

SirKulinski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Consoles have their allure but I personally stick with my PC I don't want to split the costs.

PC's have greater moddability / utility in how you can use them than consoles.
    - A lot of console games are on PC with controller options, so if you really want to use a controller for some games it can be done. It won't be entirely the same but it's a thing.

Now is the question, what do you want to get out of your gaming experience and what genre of games are you mostly playing.

Slayerwolfx2 and huskybreed like this.
  4. huskybreed

huskybreed Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you got a point, especially those games that are exclusive only for console platform
    think that is an advantage to gamers ?

well he likes to play first person shooter games, would console be the great platform for it ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2018
  5. SirKulinski

SirKulinski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am biased as I despise console shooters (I just suck) but I would still say PC.

See if you can get him to play on a console in a store(friends/other) / PC get a feel for it.

6. noob_slayer

noob_slayer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for me Pc rocks in terms of gaming visual experience but in console platform, there are a lot of exclusive games that has great review and gives a lot of experience ... what games do you want to play ?

7. ContagioCuriositas

ContagioCuriositas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For fps games mouse and keyboard is superior. The main thing that consoles have over PCs are their exclusive games. The prices aren't that far apart considering the price of games.

8. huskybreed

huskybreed Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait, I just imagine playing fps in console
    would it be a conflict for aiming ?

my brother always play fps games, but definitely since he is a gamer as he said, he almost had different genre to play with

9. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    It's easier to play FPS and Strategy games on PC.

Also, modding.

noob_slayer likes this.
  10. huskybreed

huskybreed Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well good point,
    but is it ok to play fps on console or there would be a conflict on it ....

11. noob_slayer

noob_slayer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is almost no limitation for pc games since it has a lot of moods on games XD

12. ContagioCuriositas

ContagioCuriositas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The aiming sucks, most fps games on console have to use auto aiming and or aiming assists to make shooting doable.

13. huskybreed

huskybreed Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, so there would be support system on console for fps

14. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    in my opinion: FPS games are better in PC while rpgs are better in Console.
    reason for this: FPS tend to use less button than rpgs . changing the view (mouse/ joystick) , movement ( wasd buttons/dpad[usually]), and a few addons like grenades, kill streak, crouching, jumping, and reloading ( you won't use the button for these all the time)
    rpgs use more buttons . in addition to those mentioned above, a single attacks can have up to 4 variants ( based on the buttons you press). this is quite difficult in PC and you also have to take account dodging, shielding and what not. the close buttons in a keyboard mean that it is difficult to accurately press the correct button all the time

15. Xhzero

Xhzero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Advice:
    1. Pick one with controller you/brother like most or feel comfortable to use.
    2. Pick one popular and most used in your community so you can play together with your friend. But if the game you want to play multi platform(it mean the game available in console and PC) back to advice 1.
    3. Pick one that have game available for you, brother/sister or friend like to play together. But if you like play alone back to advice one.
    4. PC have a dynamic price. It mean either you buy the Ready to use build(low price or expensive) or custom(low budget optimal custom PC or expensive extreme performance custom PC to you liking) yourself. {Please check on your local store before online and pick the cheapest price}
    5. Console Price between low budget optimal custom PC or expensive extreme performance custom PC. {Please check on your local store before online and pick the cheapest price}.
    About customizing PC, you can ask google.

For me both PC and Console are fine.

PC can also use console controller(use converter or buy PC game controller) and can play most of console game(using emulator or PC port of game).
    Modern console now have some game imported from PC Game.

For better judgement, borrow PC or Console from someone and try it.

No one is better, is just about your preference.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    huskybreed likes this.
  16. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    you forget that there are usb controllers for the pc so you don't even need to use keyboard and mouse only. Hell, I have a $20 xbox usb controller for my pc that I'm using to play nioh atm.. that's actually the best thing about the pc : the flexibility.

Also, sure when people talk about gaming pcs and pc master race, they're talking about the super high end stuff, but budget gaming rigs do work decently well and can still be used for the many other things you can do on a pc : word processing, music making, picture editting, etc.

Also, you don't have to pay extra $ a month to play games online : if he's playing fps, he probably wants to play online. Why pay $60 a year more just for online access on consoles when all you need is internet for pc?

the only time console would be a better choice is if the person in question really doesn't want the other functions of a pc AND doesn't want to invest too much money and/or effort building a good rig. Otherwise, if you're planning to game for many years to come, PC would 100% be a better investment.

CyberCypher likes this.
  17. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    if they love to play online games especially MMO buy console[less hack in there], if not buy pc

if they love to play online games especially MMO buy console[less hack in there], if not buy pc

18. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Consoles are cheaper. ~$200 compared to the $700~$1000 you're going to throw down on PC components if you want something good.

That probably just made your choice for you.

If it didn't, I'd say you should be buying a decent gaming PC and a controller. Bam, best of both worlds.

There's really no comparison in terms of flexibility (what can't you do with a PC is an easier question to answer than "can"), power and performance (who brings a console to a PC fight), etcetcetec. So apart from price, the big deal with consoles is exclusivity. That is, games that are only released on consoles and that you simply can't play on PC.

That said, there are actually relatively few console exclusives these days as most games are released on PC anyway. Especially the big-name titles you probably care about. What game publisher in their right mind would just completely ignore the PC market when they want (and need, game development is expensive as fuck) to sell as many copies of their game as they can?...

Couple the lack of exclusives with services like Playstation Now, which allows you to play Playstation games on your PC in a manner similar to watching movies on Netflix, and you have pretty much no reason whatsoever to want a console.

.... Except price.

If anything, I will say that some games (Final Fantasy XV, Monster Hunt Worlds, etc) are released on consoles before PC. ... That said, the multiplayer crowd, the DLC and most of the developer's attention span will ultimately follow them to PC, so you'll end up buying two copies of said games in the end if you want to keep up with them.

P.S.: Do not think you can buy a $300 PC and play equivalent to a console.
    It ain't happening, and you're going to regret wasting that money when you try.

P.P.S.: I say all this, but apart from a decent PC, I do own or have owned most consoles. .. and do not regret it at all. They're very nice.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  19. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    If you get a console, chances are you'll want a PC anyway for things other than gaming, but you'll be able to get away with a much cheaper PC... so really it's a matter of what game you want to play and who you want to play with. You'll regret it if you buy a console or build a gaming PC without specific games in mind and without knowing what the multiplayer is like (if you're into multiplayer).

20. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    Various said PC, and so do i.
    And if you don't know, various platform start with PC( programing till tested out), and they often ended up on the platform's emulator on PC if you think your hardware is up to the task.