Discussion Death March - Satou's Identity

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by LivingCorpse, Mar 1, 2018.

?

Which Ships are you on?

1. Aze

41 vote(s)
    65.1%
  2. Arisa

17 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. Liza

16 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. Lulu

21 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Nana

16 vote(s)
    25.4%
  6. Pochi and Tama

9 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Mia

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  8. Zena

22 vote(s)
    34.9%
  9. Karina

18 vote(s)
    28.6%
  10. Sera

21 vote(s)
    33.3%
  11. Hikaru/Mito

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  12. Princess Sistina

18 vote(s)
    28.6%
  13. Tifaliza

13 vote(s)
    20.6%
  14. Echigoya Manager (forgot her name)

9 vote(s)
    14.3%
  15. Princess Menea (Pink princess)

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  16. Daughter of Viscount Emlin, Lina

9 vote(s)
    14.3%
  17. Former Demon Lord Shizuka

13 vote(s)
    20.6%
  18. Yuika the Goblin Princess

12 vote(s)
    19.0%
  19. Loli Maids (labyrinth city)

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  20. Muno territory maids (Pina, Erena, etc)

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  21. (Former) Head Miko Lily

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
  22. Prostitute Nee-sans

17 vote(s)
    27.0%
  23. Parion

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  24. All of the other 100+ Lolis satou slayed throughout the Journey

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  25. Dungeon Core-chan

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  26. Chant Orb

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    WARNING!
    The stuff bellow is based on just conjecture and personal analysis. There's no way that these information can be considered as a Fact or Truth. Proceed with caution.

Also... SPOILER ALERT.

So, I have marathoned Death March for the Nth time just a while ago. And then I looked at the comment section in each chapters. Between the comments about Tama and Pochi being cute and whatever, there's some that discusses about Satou's real identity. The most prevalent is that, Satou is an offshoot of the Creator God or the Demon God himself. But here's my Conjecture, Satou is actually just a normal Human.

I think Satou is actually just a normal Human from Earth. But not just a normal human. Satou is actually an amalgamation of different Suzuki Ichirou souls from every Parallel Universe Earth.

Why I think so? The biggest reason is in one of the early intermission chapter. In there Satou dreamed about the time he spent with his childhood friend. But each childhood friend in his memory has different hair colour and personality. Why do you think that is? That's because those memories are actually the memory of Suzuki Ichirou from various different Parallel Universe. Another point of interest is when one of the Childhood Friend mentioned that they Satou existence is the same and unchanging as if omnipresent no matter how different the world is and how they always become friends no matter how different they are. I think the childhood friends might be different person altogether or parallel world Hikaru. But one thing is similar, their body is possessed and used by the God who summoned Satou to interact with him in every iteration.

Why the God do that? That's because Satou is the husband of the Goddess, or his past reincarnation did. In the same intermission, we got to hear a folklore of the Childhood Friend family Shrine about the story of a man who married a Goddess, but they must separate because human doesn't live long. I think there's more to that story than just a folklore. When Satou asked his childhood friend/possibly descended Goddess why dont they just make the man in the story a God too. Then she said the Gods isn't omnipotent and can't do that, but she then ominously said that it might be impossible if it's only one soul but with many, it might be possible.

Then suddenly it hits me.

What if, the Goddess who summoned Satou, used the many Suzuki Ichirou souls from each parallel Universe, fuse them, then create "Satou" in another world to give him Divinity?
    This would also explains the disappearance of Satou in Hayato's world.
    I don't know which God summoned him. It might be Dragon God, Parion, or even a different God altogether it might even be the Creator God. But it must be the same god that Mito's family shrine worship, it might be the same entity as the Little Girl in the painting.

Well, there's still a lot of hole in this theory like, the existence of Satou look-alike in a painting inside the ruin in Princess Menea kingdom, why Dog Head Demon Lord mistake him with another person, and why only one Suzuki Ichirou personality and memory emerged at the moment of Summoning instead of collection of different personality and memory.

I have other theory for that, but it might not be compatible with this theory...

My other theory is that instead of Summoning a collection of Suzuki Ichirou souls in one place. The God summoned Suzuki Ichirou from each parallel universe at different eras to collect God fragment from Demon lords and Reincarnated Person to be used to make him ascend to Divinity by the God. Therefore why the existence of Satou look-alike painting (mustachioed Lolicon-face Satou) and why the Dog Head demon lord mistaken him with another person (which maybe is the same Satou as the one in the painting). This would also explains the disappearance of Satou in Hayato's world.
    But I'm not really sure about this one, i feels like there's something missing.

Personally, I like how the author occasionally lokes to gives us clue and foreshadowing for something like this. This is why I like reading Death March.
    So, what do you guys think about my theory?

Westeller likes this.
  2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read the LN?

3. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I just ticked all. I don't care.

Taurus3301 likes this.
  5. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    The goddess must be a Loli... Considering Lolis are getting attached to satou like magnets, The goddess tried to use Lolis to shaken and make satou Remember more memories about herself.

6. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a fan of the demon god theory.

7. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    From what i've seen, and also from the words said in the dream, most likely the current Satou is just one Suzuki Ichirou (the one from Yamato's world), but who has inherited the path to divinity of all of the Satous formerly summoned to that world. Most likely Parion has been doing a rinse and repeat of summoning Suzuki Ichirou, letting him grow through the path of divinity and reaping the reasults for the next Satou to inherit.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hee I remember think da goddess try to make satou a god by sacrifice lot of soul after read miko part~
    hence gain lot of skill
    soul kinda like exp
    other soul strengthen da main soul
    perhaps onimusha thing
    hence it called death march you know he kill lot of thing for soul~
    meh too lazy to think~

Westeller likes this.
  9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link

Didn't they spoil who Satou is in the light novel/manga like in 1st or 2nd volume just for the sake of raising sales? (Do you want me to spoil it?)

As for the Satou in the picture, I will say this. It says that Satou is Immortal, the gods are also immortal that when they die they simply disappear for a while, same for demon lords. Then get reincarnated. He was most likely reincarnated and his memory erased.

Sabruness likes this.
  10. Taurus3301

Taurus3301 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I, like many others, just ticked everyone

11. RandomComment

RandomComment Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel free to "spoil" it but the web novel's latest updates still haven't clearly explained what he is yet so I doubt the light novel or manga did it already.

Also...aze and chant orb. BEST SHIPS. Everyone else is 2nd.

12. Nigred0

Nigred0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aze and prostitute nee-sans all the way. Been a while since Satou hit them up.

13. zarvi

zarvi Ojisan

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow the vote for waifu are so diverse with Aze double of the average vote

Btw I voted for Arisa

TLDR I read about one and a half of the paragraph, I have a similar conjecture even before I read this.

14. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I know the web novel doesn't cover it yet so I'm a bit ticked the light novel/manga spoiled it.

Just check chapters 28 and 30 of the manga.

15. RandomComment

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 28 "basically" happened in the web novel. I don't recall where, its pretty damn long at this point, but he definitely had that sort of flash back somewhere.

Chapter 30's "hero adventures" story time thing is also not new. Again, i can't possibly point out where exactly in the light novel it was, even if its in the same arc as the manga, but it definitely happened at some point since it was nothing new to me.

Either way, thats not giving anything away, its hinting at possibilities, but ultimately those possibilities just come right back to the other leading theories.

16. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes that happened in an intermission, except there are elements in there that fill in some blanks on the web novel.

Yes, I know it happened in the light novel, the manga follows the light novel. But not in the web novel.

That is more than hinting possibilities...

17. RandomComment

Reading List:
    Link
    Allow me to correct myself. Not light novel, web novel. I havent read the light novels but none of it was new to me regardless.

And yes, its hinting at possibilities. We still don't know for sure exactly whats going on. We have a rough idea because theres hints but we still don't have a parts that are explained like why Satou might be a common guy if theres hints of him being the creator god too, or how the demon god factors into all of this since Dog-Head presumably thought Satou was the Demon God (since he mentioned a weapon and armor skill that the Demon God used, which Satou acknowledges later when Shin uses the dragon rending sword).

18. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    At intermission the goddess/childhood friend gave him the curse of Lolis

Kysil likes this.
  19. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    It was debated long long long ago, and a lot of people agreed that Satou is not a ordinary human but he's the Loli God or something along those lines

20. kanade12

kanade12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's too risky to make one Satou by combining all Satou as there is a chance he'll fail and she should know how stupid he can be sometimes. But there is a chance that this isn't his first try and the girl in the painting is a familiar from a previous try. It explains why she knows whenever Satou is in trouble of being led astray.