How Not to Respond to a License Notice: Roxism HQ and Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Sam Pinansky, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemonadez

Lemonadez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the difference between J-Novel Club and Roxism Group?.
    Pretty much 2 Group of translator. 1 just have license n the other doesnt.

But that doesnt change the fact both of them r translator group.
    "J-Novel Club's overall purpose was "to create and grow a worldwide market for Japanese light novels translated into English."

All translator just create their own group n transform it into company name when they become popular lol.
    Ren also started from forum/blog translating before transforming it into wuxiaworld :p n then turning it into english publisher :p same thing for Gravity tales..all of them were translator then became english publisher at the end.

J-Novel = he sell it for $$$$ in amazon/e-books with High DAO level of Translator
    Roxism = He doesnt sell that crap MTL translate. Its free U want to be ahead..then do patreon.

Pretty much You want Crap Quality and Free go for Roxism.
    U want High Quality with brand name on it + price tag to show it to your friends. Go for J-Novel

Life is Simple!.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. HnM_Pete

HnM_Pete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That one is an officially incorporated Limited Liability Company that has legal publishing contracts, professionals as employees and pays taxes, while other is a bunch of MTL randoms that scams people on Parteon?

That one holds licenses and copyright for which it paid good money and the other just goes yolo and cashes in on other people's property?

That one is FULLY LEGAL, while the other BREAKS THE FUCKING LAW?

I guess none of that matters to a leecher that just wants his novel hit for free, though.

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody goes after the translators of Naruto and the like because a new one would pop up.

It's not worth it.

The anime is there to give popularity to the works, they don't need any fantranslation for that, your notion of official publishers needing the piracy to sell is pretty absurd.

J-Novel Club is the publisher, it can and is on the total right to protect their IP by going after a pirated work. The are not "translator guy", they are the official English publisher.

Patreon is a business platform, it is not a donation and using it for copyright infringement is against the law, this was already covered on the thread.

All other translators that are making money out of patreon for this kind of translations are also doing something illegal.

asriu, Shirobane and Jaspaaar like this.
  4. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand you not reading through the whole thread, but the comment literally directly above your first one explains why this is wrong.

Huh? So where is the Patreon money going?

You must be trolling at this point.

5. Lemonadez

Reading List:
    Link
    He isnt Scamming people on Patreon. Its your own Choice to see the chapter Ahead without waiting..Did he force you to buy it? No. Did he sell u the chapter? No. Its ur own choice to patreon or not.

No one care if its MTL Crap.

U want CRAP + FREE = Go for Roxism
    U want High Quality + Price Tag = Go for J-Novel

SIMPLE as dat. No one is forcing u to pay for patreon. You can just wait couple days n u can see the chapter LOL

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he did.

It's your choice to buy a book or not, it doesn't stop being a purchase.

Advance chapters on patreon is selling a product. Patreon is a business platform, not a donation on.

7. Lemonadez

Reading List:
    Link
    Show the proof that Roxism sell you the chapter. Im Laughing my ass of now..U know they only release 4 Chapter per month and doing patreon u can see 6 chapter ahead which would be available for next month for free.

Otherwise get lost :) again no1 forcing u to pay for patreon. You can cancel it if u dont like it...Read all chapter in 15 days then cancel it. U only pay small FEE :p instead of paying actual amount.

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop feeding this troll..
    This thread is dead

Sushino, H4WK, HakoMari and 4 others like this.
  9. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not worth continuing this conversation. You've made no salient arguments. You've provided no rebuttals to the arguments of others. Your argument seems to come down to the fact that you don't like having to pay for stuff. Everything costs something. That cost is time. As humans, we have a limited lifespan, so our most valuable resource is time. When you spend your time to make or do something, people pay you for that. When a translator translates an author's work, doesn't get the author's permission, and doesn't pay the author for the work, they're stealing from the author whose novel you're enjoying.

Now, I'm going to spend my valuable time doing something more productive than talking sense into a wall.

Wujigege, Sushino, HakoMari and 4 others like this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    You pay money, you buy the chapter, you read the chapter.

You can ask for a refund later if you want, this also works for many sorts of online purchases, you know? You can buy an e-book, read it and ask for a refund, it's pretty possible to get it.
    But I farm nuffies by feeding those types~

Sushino, H4WK and Wujigege like this.
  11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    You're just prolonging the argument now. Every single one of your argument has been countered pages earlier. Go read it up. No, laziness does not excuse one from repeating the same thing all over again.

Sushino, asriu and HakoMari like this.
  12. kopitiampua

kopitiampua Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody mentioned the most important thing yet, that is, I would recommend to start archiving everything on Roxism HQ's site if you ever plan to read them in the future as it sounds like the banhammer might be dropping soon.

13. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is this not locked yet?

Wujigege likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs*

Well, I was just farming nuffies by arguing with them, really... Repeating arguments that were already said convinces no one after all~
    Well, you can just buy better quality releases for a cheap price at J-novel instead?
    Nuffies!

Sushino and Wujigege like this.
  15. Enori

Enori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly speaking, just because "only stupid people would fall for it" doesn't really make it okay. It's still very wrong regardless. The paywall thingy is really bad and I know everyone knows it in themselves that it is. Roxism should've politely backed down when they were called out on it, in my opinion. I don't really have the moral ground because I've translated things without permission before but still, the boldness to pull "fanfic" was bad on their part.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Wujigege and HakoMari like this.
  16. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so late to this thread. :sushi_dead:

The fires are lit, but I hope this doesn't devolve into only Ad Hominems. I don't have any business with either side, but if it becomes too much, then the mods might have to step in.

Have some cookies for sweet relief. :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    locked as it has...devolved.

Wujigege and AMissingLinguist like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.