Post reading lists

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mousa4, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catacus

Catacus The God of Cat's & Potato's

Reading List:
    Link
    killing is killing like kuro no maou the plot is shit but doesn't really matter because its all about killing a BLOODY MASSACRE!

2. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally would like to disagree with this.. :/ As I personally love my plot, even if everything is suppose to be a "massacre" whats the point if there's no real point behind it, it's like watching paint dry, just pointless.

3. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read Way of choices. The mc is not a murdering maniac.

holyshin likes this.
  4. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh i f-cking hate kuro no maou

5. holyshin

holyshin Moderator

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny that you mention KnM. I skim through the action chapters and enjoy reading the slice of life ones.
    Same with Overlord.

6. Catacus

Reading List:
    Link
    im not saying its a complete shit so sorry

7. Catacus

Reading List:
    Link
    reading it now actually haven't finish reading it yet

8. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on a wuxia/xianxia kick right now. I bounce back and forth on the ruthless mc's but right now the two titles I am most excited to see on the update page are I Shall Seal The Heavens and Tales of Demons and Gods. I can't even describe ISSTH, it's got just about a bit of everything. TDG on the other hand I find more generic but I'm a sucker for stories with that premise. The thing is both of them are dancing around harem territory, which I'm not crazy about. I'm not sure what's worse a harem story or a story where the couple gets together only to have one half of the couple be almost completely ignored by the author for the rest of the story.

9. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimming through the action chapters... sounds about right for that one.. I don't know I just feel that the slice of life is the stronger bit i n KnM.. :/

Ah those two are amazing, it's extremely hard to even describe it to someone else just due to the fact that there's a lot going on in them.. :/
    I'm going to have to say that the worst is when a couple get together and one half gets ignored.. :/ just because at that point it's like "Whats even the point.." at least with the harem we know for a fact that someone's going to be forgotten at a point.. :/ or know its not going to be a decent romance.

10. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was thinking about how I didn't like the current state of things on that front in TDG, and thought of CD. As much as I don't like the idea of TDG going the harem route I feel like it would be preferable to what happened with Delia in CD,

11. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Poor Delia.. Still best girl, but how often does she even get mentioned anymore? a lot but does she actually do anything in the novel besides beating linley to being a high god and all that jazz.. :/ It's like shes a trophy wife he fought over and won.. and now shes just.. there.

12. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, well we spent at least an entire book watching Linley struggle to be able to revive his father and friends only to see them used in about six chapters before we got back to Bebe and Linley roaming around alone again. So it's not like he's only shelving the female characters. As far as female characters in CD go I am more interested in the Chief Sovereign of Death, Linley's daughter or Bebe's daughter than I am in Delia. I'm not a huge female mc fan, but I can't help but lament that we will never see any of those three's stories. So much potential in those characters, not that it matters. I mean a female dragonblood warrior would make for a really interesting main character even if just for a side story but nope all we got was what a dozen chapters where she was a set piece.

13. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    this is mine
    http://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uid=1904

I'm really surprised how many you guys have. I'm curious to know if Lachiel ran out of novel to read for the day :p

Do note that I don't update my reading list from novelupdates. I have those novels bookmarked since there is only a few to read anyways.

14. SrPyro

SrPyro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's mine! Although there's more that I haven't added yet, it's because I haven't finished transferring all from another website (Novel Updates is better than the one I used so I switched) and I'm quite busy with school these days. It should be a fairly decent list though.

http://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uid=1179

15. PROPER

PROPER Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I do sometimes feel Like I've run out of novels, but I usually decide to pick one of series I've not checked or just came out. While some of those series are not up to date I'm either saving up chapters to marathon, or just missed them update.

17. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my case, it's because I've been reading for quite a long time (5 years +) and have a lot of free time. Your list will also expand as you continue to read.

18. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    that's long time, i only started reading this summer. What novels were being translated 5 years ago?

19. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Back then it was mostly JP things, while there was quite a few CN novels, JP was extremely popular and most of the things on baka-tsuki and a few other sites is where people went to read. CN novels were on spcnet and was not as known.. I honestly think Stellar Transformations and coiling dragon really kicked off the CN webnovel boom we are having atm.

20. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    If the site have a manga reading list though, I could have beaten you all. I just don't read manga anymore though.... That LMS manhua introduced me to LMS and I'm reading novels since then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.