Legendary Moonlight Sculptor Manga & LN confusion

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by swordsman, Feb 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. swordsman

swordsman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So just started LN today and also checked out the early chapters of Manga and noticed some differences like the the Manga a player gives him the bread and he learns Balance while sword training at the start. But there's stuff that the Manga leaves out like Sustenance.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this that have read both medium, im guessing LN better then manga but is it worth reading both or would that just be very confusing, love the illustrations though.
    thx for your time.

2. danielgomes06

danielgomes06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer read only the novels, when I read I start to create the characters and scenarios and when I see them in manga, this pretty much screw all the world that I created in my mind.

3. bartsimpsons

bartsimpsons Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The art is extremely mediocre. The first author is bad; the second? shit. The background is reused IRL background and facial expressions are just stale (sometimes just a blurred amalgamation of colours). Seoyun looks ugly as hell and Weed (drawn by second illustrator) looks too handsome. The action is also terrible! *sigh* I'm done. I dropped the illustrated counterpart early on..

4. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Seoyoon in my mind was far more beautiful than the one in that manhwa. The novel is better for me

5. Escaping From Reality

Escaping From Reality Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My problem with manga/manhwa adaptations is forever the cut content. I understand that all the details in the LN can't be included in the manhwa - there just isn't enough room, after all. But the series will always feel more bland and soulless without those tiny details my mind conjures up. And that's not including the mangas/manhwas where they make up content that wasn't in the WN or LN (ex. Soul Land manga). Bleh. I detest the Soul Land manga.

6. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Read both~

There’s always differences when they make something into another. You see it with novels to mangas, mangas to novels, novels to anime’s, even books to Hollywood movies.

You’ll find them everywhere. I just think huh okay. And then carry on reading~

7. swordsman

swordsman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok thanks for the advice

8. Saphsaph

Saphsaph Care Bear

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa was good, but most LNs sort of plateau and drag on during some parts.

Those parts those translate well to illustration.

Take moonlight, tales of gods and demons, and the gamer.

At some point they both became tedious to read (the manhwa) and they also fall prey to the "nothing really happened the past 5 chapters and yet they take forever to be realeased.

9. xtudiux

xtudiux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read both but as prefer the LN and WN most.

The tiny details that made it great are gone in the manwha but at least we have the illustration as envision by the author and the illustrator...