Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Fujoshi4747

Fujoshi4747 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Romanised pronounciation of chinese words e.g. the hanyu pinyin version of 魔道祖师 is mo dao zu shi

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh lol, no wonder you couldn’t find anything, why would you use the pinyin to find it?

3. Fujoshi4747

Reading List:
    Link
    My computer was not working and my handphone could not type chinese nor coorperate with my attempts to finger poke╭( ๐_๐)╮

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, okk

5. Fujoshi4747

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know how to create a nightmare fuel page on tvtropes? Cause i think the image of a headless corpse twisting your head off to replace his own head is quite scary

GreenHelix and kiara8 like this.
  6. Ginkaisui

Ginkaisui Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello this is not related to this novel, it's about another Chinese novel called in English the notes from the grey tower, I want to know if it's translated or will be translates, i don't know if that's it's correct translated name.. if anyone knows anything id be grateful and thanks

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/notes-from-the-grey-tower/

Ginkaisui likes this.
  8. K.san

K.san take me back to 2017

Reading List:
    Link
    Shijie for Women's Day~
    [​IMG]

cici, Aeli, Blossomroad and 10 others like this.
  9. SmallTimes

SmallTimes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh, I can't believe young WWX ever called her physique average ORZ. She's really beautiful.
    Though I can understand where he's coming from since this story is filled with exceptional beauty XD

MikotoP and K.san like this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Wen-jie? Mian Mian? A-Quing? Jiang-niang?

11. K.san

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiang YanLi~

12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I meant like, where are the pictures for Wen-jie, Mian Mian, A-Qing and Jiang-niang for women day?

13. K.san

Reading List:
    Link
    I probably should've found this earlier... A Weibo account released news of the FoD back in December. Unfortunately, not enough people reposted the news, so it never really went around the FoD community.

[​IMG]

Anyways, here are a few key things:
    - Although the English title is "The Untamed" (which I think is clever, considering WWX's personality), the Chinese title is actually "Chenqing's Command", in reference to WWX's flute.
    - In the picture, the two figures are clearly LWJ and WWX, which means that at least both of them will still be male. There may still be a female lead though... More on this later.
    - Judging from the way they're standing, they're probably on opposing sides of a battle, meaning that this is no "we're best bros let's fight against evil together and decide who should have the girl afterward" type of situation. This scene does remind me of LWJ's whole thing with "WWX, come back to Gusu with me".
    - Below the building, there are vague figures of other cultivators fighting around, surrounded by heavy black mist, which can be seen coming off of WWX as well. I'm guessing that LWJ is leading some cultivators to fight against WWX's ghouls. I'm fairly sure that this scene never happened in the novel, though (or at least not on top of such a building, the grandeur of which somehow reminds me of the LanlingJin Sect's residence).
    - The first line of words says a more poetic version of "with the sound of Chenqing the entire world is under his command".
    - The translucent words in the background are one of WWX's quotes, a better version of "The judge of right and wrong is the self. The slanderer of right and wrong is the other. The commenter of right and wrong is the nil." This is all that I can manage right now. Can anyone think of a better translation?
    - In the background, towards the end, there are a few lotus lanterns and a boat, which hints that the setting is in Yunmeng's Lotus Pier. A figure stands on the boat, holding an umbrella and wearing a reddish-yellowish-orangeish garment outside a white robe. I can't tell whether the figure is male or female. After some scrutiny, though, one can see a blue-/purple-colored accessory tied behind the figure's hair. The bold combination of color possibly suggests that the figure is a woman, as men in the Xianxia setting usually don't dress in such bright colors. In my opinion, this is no-one else but our lovely female lead.
    - The team is currently recruiting actors. A few interesting requirements are 1) applicants have to be 15-33 in age and 2) their looks and countenance have to be excellent.

cici, Aeli, Blossomroad and 7 others like this.
  14. K.san

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! XD you're right! But I doubt Wen Qing will appear during the first season of the show......

kiara8 and Fluted_Trash like this.
  15. Fluted_Trash

Fluted_Trash Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully the images come up properly :blobcheeky:
    Edit: nvm I'll just post the links.
    WenQing: https://pin.it/qft3g5ijpk5xdn
    Ah Qing: https://pin.it/q5ugnskc54qbqw
    (Can't upload one of Mian Mian :blobcry:)

There's going to be a second season :aww:

Oh? A female lead :,( but this is still BL right? Thank you so much for the news The Untamed sounds pretty good in my opinion. From this I'm assuming it's going to be quite different to the actual novel?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    kiara8 likes this.
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging by the color, the woman could be Jiang-jie?
    Do you know if the list of ppl involved stated in the picture belongs to the drama or anime group?

Fluted_Trash likes this.
  17. K.san

Reading List:
    Link
    They belong to the drama group (although I'm not sure if it's going to be a TV drama or a movie).
    But if it's shijie... That'd mean she's the female lead, which will mean that she ends up with either LWJ or WWX??????

Fluted_Trash likes this.
  18. SmallTimes

SmallTimes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't seem to wrap my head around the presence of a female lead.
    *These are my rant questions. Forgive me for babling* Would her background be established as well? Like an old acquaintance or someone they just happened to encounter? LWJ is rather aversive of women in the novel so will the production team alters his personality somewhat? I imagine WWX would retain his manner but guessing how LWJ would act is beyond me orz. Will it still be in WWX's pov? Will the old cast have a role or will there be new characters? Is this in the same timeline as the original story or is this like an alternate universe? I take it that this will have its own conflict and solution since there seems to be another seige? In the poster. And should we be expecting a love triangle of sort?

I'm not too familiar with how adaptation works but this doesn't seem to follow the source novel. I'm really excited and really not excited at the same time XD

Fluted_Trash likes this.
  19. Fluted_Trash

Fluted_Trash Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is that person with the umbrella actually the female lead ;-;?? Then it's definitely not Shijie.
    I swear to fucking god LWJ's personality better not be altered or I'm going to :blobhero: SLICE SLICE! I've made a decision not to bother watching the film/drama but I'm gonna have an urge to watch it when it comes out.
    You can tell there's going to be a lot of difference like are they even going to follow the novel. Highly triggered right now. :blobupset:
    I think the film/drama will definitely be altered at this point. Crying :blobsob:

Nadelyn, leva and mereumsama like this.
  20. Aeli

Aeli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have high hopes for the anime, but my hopes for the drama/movie oscillates in the negative range... Like -50 or so and dropping : <

Fluted_Trash likes this.