LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. StaticHD

StaticHD Supreme Novel Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand that Qin Yu is the main protagonist in Stellar Transformations.
    But, what was his big cheat. I never read the novel, so I'm not sure if it's worth diving into.

Also, if not for the [Nuwa Painting Meditation Art] it was presumed that Ji Ning's body as a child wouldn't have lasted long. Ning's mother had to cripple her cultivation advancement in order for her to give birth to him (if I can can recall correctly).

So you can say that Ning's first death crisis was the same conditions he had back when he was on one of the paradise worlds called Earth.

chencking likes this.
  2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Qin Yu's big cheat isn't a major spoiler. The spoiler is
    everybody has predestined fates, except for a select few. Hongmeng (originally Hong), the cosmoverse creator, continuously grants those people opportunities in the hope they shall reach his level, like Linley.
    However, even though IET contextualizes it that way, Qin Yu inherits this OP Stellar Transformations cultivation technique early on, unlike Linley, Ji Ning, or Xue Ying. Qin Yu just cruises on his technique.

As for Ning's cheat, it was worthless by the Celestial Immortal level.

Viola and StaticHD like this.
  3. StaticHD

Reading List:
    Link
    So Steller Transformations has the same names for the levels of cultivation?
    Also, does Qin Yue get the chance to reach similar heights as Ji Ning? Like, he leaves his home realm and visits other regions and alternate universes and learns a special dao?

Also, does his heaven-defying special cultivation technique allow him to become something equivalent to an eternal emperor from a mere mortal flawlessly and without any drawbacks?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  4. 7aco

7aco Un-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lots of unmeasureable things here

Things that made Ning better,
    1) the Autarchs did not control omega dao
    2) the Autarchs never got as much Sithe techniques as he did

Life experiences and stuff CAN be use for breakthroughs but he also has so much stuff to go through to draw inspiration from.

Spacetime is not the deathless technique, so neither here nor there

In latest chapter it did show that he got lucky and mastered and combined spacetime sword dao during crisis which increases his chance of breaking out but he still has reduced his lifespan.
    Given that it is hard to judge, at the very least we saw he did get lucky (that he didn't immediately die)

and the chances of hegemon pill surviving has:
    - increased in terms of breaking out by force
    - possibly decreased OR increased in terms of deathless technique
    (because of reduced lifespan)

Both paths use up "lifespan" either in time or energy
    At the very least.. do you understand that rather than thinking that breaking out or somehow... the study of the spacetime sword dao being the only paths.

(at most more daos will make him slightly stronger and might slow down his soul crumbling speed, but does not ensure him breaking out or him succeeding in the deathless technique)

5. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I was more referring to
    How Qin Yu got this crystal from a meteorite that landed in his backyard. The Crystal ended up being a Life Crystal from the death of an Uber Powerful Cultivator (Highest Tier of Power). The Crystal allowed Ning to train his body to the point of self-destruction then it would immediately get healed.

In ST nobody was ever able to reach the Xiantian level through Body Refining. The man who created the OP Cultivation technique that Qin Yu used was the only one in the known history of the ST Universe to do so. To use his technique you had to become an Xiantian through Body Refining. The only way Qin Yu was able to become an Xiantian was due to this OP Life Crystal that would instantly heal and strengthen him. So while Qin Yu advances the technique further on his own in later chapters he was never actually worthy of even using it, the only reason he could was because of the Cheat Item he got from a Meteorite that landed in his backyard.

So while the technique itself is a cheat the Crystal is a monumentally bigger one and the one i was mainly referring to.

It shares names in the beginning but it does change as time goes one. I'm not sure when they split but if i remember correctly the names change after Zifu. Though im probably wrong so anyone can feel free to correct me but the highest levels are most definitely differently.

ST doesn't really have the same focus on Dao's as DE does. They are still prevelant but in ST it is mostly about the abilities you get once you reach a new realm of power. I wont say more to not spoil anything.

It is hard to compare the two novels since they are part of different Universes but Qin Yu does have a comparatively easier time with his technique.

On the whole DE is just superior to ST in every way. ST was one of his very first novels (if not his first) so it had a lot of issues and poor choices that newer Authors make.

Arcturus, StaticHD and chencking like this.
  6. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I forgot he had that

I don't know how OP Ji Ning is going to end up, so idk...but Qin Yu definitely reached the peak

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2018
    Viola likes this.
  7. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Until his universe is expanded :blobpopcorn:

Viola likes this.
  8. StaticHD

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me word it this way, does Qin Yu reach a level were he's able to revive beings that seem impossible to be revived by other capable beings?

9. Waaazzap

Reading List:
    Link
    The rules of that universe are not the same but pretty much, yeah.

StaticHD and Viola like this.
  10. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qin yu become the ruler of his universe, same with linley and hongmeng.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2018
    StaticHD likes this.
  11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nein.
    As you said, the rules of the ST/CD universe are different. Reviving a destroyed soul is impossible. The end. It doesn't matter how powerful you become in the end. Even at the very peak, it's impossible. For non-destroyed souls, reviving them is incredibly simpler and tons of people in the world can do it. So, no, he doesn't gain the power to revive people that others deem impossible to revive. Impossible is impossible.

But he does reach the very peak. So in that sense, yeah. At least, pretty much. I mean, I think there was still some progress to be made when Linley reached Hongmeng's level - something about a type of body to be gained with continued universe creation? Qin Yu is at best on par with Linley, so he has the same potential progress forward still. That aside, they can be said to be at the very peak. Nowhere to go but down~

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    StaticHD likes this.
  12. Waaazzap

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but there's no point in spoiling that for him.
    Oh, and we should probably stop, this isn't the right place for this.
    Edit:
    I don't like how this arc ended. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad as the ending approaches.

Westeller likes this.
  13. StaticHD

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds to me that Ji Ning's future feats when he reaches the peak are on a much higher dimension than the MC's of IET's other novels (particularly, Coiling Dragon & Stellar Transformations).

I plan on reading those novels in the future, but my expectations won't be on the level of Desolate Era's potential. Anyways, my interest has been ignited.

14. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet he'll have a last minute epiphany that lets him heal his soul, or one of those techniques he gained activates or something.

15. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    IET gets better as he writes, in my opinion. His first well-known novel was ST. I believe CD followed. I don't know where SS places, and I bet IoR was even earlier than ST. I think TNC was between IoR and ST. LXY is the newest, but DE came right before. As for which MC is stronger...it's just different settings. Autarchs can revive truesouls, but Linley could think Autarchs to death if he wanted to.

Who else thinks Ning is going to gain insight into crumbling truesouls from dying and complete the Everlasting Truesoul technique?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
    RiseinqDraqon, Abe Froman and Viola like this.
  16. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Who thinks he'll save his True Body in time?

17. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly since the introduction of avatars having both a true body and a primaltwin has been pretty much useless. The biggest contribution his primaltwin has been being a compass to the 3 realms or his true body. So basically being a compass.

Viola likes this.
  18. SnakeHips

SnakeHips Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've always thought that these time enchantment formations can be used in combat to be super op. So in a situation like Ning's, you could envelop your enemy in a speed time enchantment and even if it only works for like one second inside the enchantment, miliions of years will have passed on the outside. Also if you're having trouble with an enemies technique, you can go into a slow time enchantment to figure out his techniqe and devise a counter to it. To avoid bottlenecks, just go into your estate world and train. I mean, Ning once trained by being a rock, so why can't he do the same in his world as a rock, child, bird or hero?

19. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, that I doubt. It's not like he needs 2. Yu Wei probably won't do a threesome with him.

Actually, sitting on the dais was its purpose in life

You get out your estate treasure in a fraction second...and meanwhile your opponent shot full-force beams a couple thousand times. You read how autarchs can blast hundreds of times per instant

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
    RiseinqDraqon and Viola like this.
  20. Spectrum

Spectrum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The True Body and Primal Twin have different souls?