Wuxiaworld Ending HJC Translation...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Mar 13, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amplify

Amplify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Start by telling us what you're talking about, please?

Saitama.sensei likes this.
  2. Shizaki

Shizaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian broke the translators ethnic code and stole Heavenly Jewel Change. Like that was something new from them.

Rumby, readerz and Saitama.sensei like this.
  3. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    not another thread....u could have put it i the other thread started by Ren but since u took QI money u have to blabber in a new thread

Amplify likes this.
  4. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

stole all their translations, posted it on QI and then continued from where zen left off. The usual basically.

Shield Loyalist and Glaerun like this.
  5. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Stole is understated. A more accurate description is rip & edit past chapters from WW claiming it's "their" translation, then pushing out edited MTL of horrible quality when they have already sold translation and publishing rights to WW.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  6. Flamemaster

Flamemaster [TheCakeIsALie][LordOfTheDivineFlame][ThePinkPuff]

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah cant expect much from them but it was the authors wishes and the authors wishes triumphs everything? (does it?), cant say much about cultivation chat group, or any other novels that have been stolen.

7. Touma212

Touma212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk, i didnt really like to force translator
    doing fast release. It better slow but good quality translation. Well, that why i prefer read finished book.
    Heh, qi force them to do fast release and i hope ww can overcome this adversity.
    Are you a hjw fans? So are you happy with this situation?

Oburi_Rozu likes this.
  8. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

Authors wishes are irrelevant. It's illegal to steal translations even IF you are the copyright holder. That is to say, if I write an original novel, and someone translates it fully in Japanese, I do not have the right to copy all their TL and sell it as my own. I can only send cease and desists. Fortunately for them, unfortunate for us, they are a giant Chinese company, so they don't give a shit about breaking international laws.

9. Oburi_Rozu

Oburi_Rozu ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃReinedKahel( ̄∀ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just read this in the other threads. QI picked up HJC because WW was posting it in a "snail pace". So I was thinking that maybe that's convenient for the fans but if QI really stole the translations then it simply means that I was really looking at it from the wrong perspective.

Whoa man I don't even know if I deserve this accusation. Can't you just simply tell me I have crossed the line and not make any unnecessary assumptions? Gosh you're salty as f.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
  10. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean author’s wish, Lol. The book is not the author’s, tjss is simply the one who wrote the book. As for who owns it? Qidian owns it.

Also, let’s not blindly assume everything they said as the absolute truth too, even ww.

11. cinabre

cinabre ♭♬ ♪ ♮♫ # ♩♭ ♪ ♮♫ #♩♭ ♬ ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    QI again. . . They try hard to look respectable but in the end there is so much shit inside of them they can't stop making this kind of things.

12. Oburi_Rozu

Oburi_Rozu ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃReinedKahel( ̄∀ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a fan just a casual reader of HJC. :)

13. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gains flashback of Clown and Guro team for Tensei Slime with the random Lion

Sharudeis likes this.
  14. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't quite like this situation...
    I mean, we benefit from all of this, but...
    Well, I better let you see what I mean
    So, they are implying WW payed them to be hired?
    Are they taking us for stupid?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
    Rumby, Oburi_Rozu, Kokuyasou and 6 others like this.
  15. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly doubt authors have much to do with QI's decisions, and, if they do, I'm sure they don't have a clear picture of how badly QI's lower quality translations are running their work into the ground. A lot of novels are being downright crippled, and I can't imagine any author would ever willingly accept their work being treated that way. ... Hell, I'm not even sure QI realizes how bad things are on their side. The problems caused by a language barrier, y'know? .. and a common sense barrier, sometimes...

16. hemant.xavier

hemant.xavier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a saying in my country among common folks, 'There is fame even in infamy'. I think they might have heard it too since we are geographical neighbors.

17. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it doesn't even matter. ... Let's pretend, if we can, that their narrative is completely 100% god's honest truth.

@rwxwuxiaworld is secretly a big idiot that completely misunderstood he was being "hired" to translate for them, with the great honor of dual hosting chapters. ... The problem Qidian then has is that WuxiaWorld translators don't sign over rights to their translation to WuxiaWorld in the first place. Ren doesn't actually own the translations, so he *can't* give them to Qidian. They're just not even his to give away, no matter how badly he secretly wishes to deep, deep down in his heart.

So whether they're being completely honest or not, the translations *still* aren't theirs.

. . .

Add on that their narrative is really just bullshit they made up not too long ago, and there's really nothing left to say.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  18. IOUmoney

IOUmoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the most part (if not all) of HJC has been done by Zen on WW and everything that QI has up to the recent chapter has been copy-pasted from WW without permission (though people can and probably able to debate this for days). HJC is nearly done (70 chapters or so left anyway), so it's just better to just wait it out for the novel to be completed under one translator. There are going to be issues when trying to mesh the translation of two people (especially if it isn't a co-op). There plenty of examples of that on QI's site itself like OEM and Transcending the Nine Heavens, it makes you'll wonder wtf happened to the translation quality. It's the result of shifting to a different translator (one of poorer quality than the original).

Also, don't expect QI to go re-translate earlier parts of HJC to unify the translation styles. They tend to half-ass it because it is a waste of money for them / won't get many views. In the cases that they did, QI has been caught doing shoddy work. It is pretty much rephrasing and copy-pasting (errors and all) the previous translation i.e. like they did with one of voltare's novel. I believe it was Evil Emperor's Wild Consort and the re-translation team was also EndlessFantasy Translation (which is doing the translation for HJC).

Also, at this point you really have to take whatever QI says with a grain of salt. If they say they are doing for the fans or at the request of fans, it's mostly to meet their own ends. They'll try to take some sort of moral high ground in every announcement regardless if people can see through it.

If Qi says we're doing for the fans because the translation is going at a snails speed = We're doing to this to hurt WW in some way/justify QI taking over HJC/jab at WW/whatever. There are plenty of novels on QI's own site that are missing translators or going at a snails pace, instead they go off "helping" a novel on another site?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  19. hemant.xavier

hemant.xavier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think QI is like those who are in Ponzi scheme where they keep blowing their own trumpet on how good their product is and how they are going to revolutionize the community. But deep down all they want is to fill their pockets by fooling people with their shitty end-product.

Shield Loyalist and Westeller like this.
  20. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ain't it better for them to quicken their own pace. The quality as well as speed of Transcending the nine heavens translation is subpar. Shouldn't they focus on doing 14 chaps of this ??
    They sure love acting like a neighbor aunty, poking their noses at others problems.:blobpeek:

Shield Loyalist and IOUmoney like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.