Discussion Needs some help

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Prosperous_Food, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prosperous_Food

Prosperous_Food Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeebus,

I do not know about Google, but I am doing my part to fight the content piracy. So what if google failed? Google had failed many times. It did not stop them from trying.

I am not giving up. Who knows, one day I will arrive at the solution.

I considered the time that I took to fight piracy well spent, because I have learned a lot about securing my website, and seeing what works and what does not. Maybe in the end, it will be what you and the naysayers have said, I could not win a battle against the bots. But I will not go down without trying to do something.

My next plan is to add ads to my site in all my content.

If these sites want to reap content from my site, so it be! I will add text that will tell my readers about these content pirates with the url of my website in all my posts that are invisible to my readers but will show up on other websites if my content is stolen.

I will make it so troublesome for these pirates to manually remove these hidden content that they rather stop stealing from my site or they have to display these contents.

The war is on!

If it works, I will share how I do it with all other translators.

I may be fighting an enemy that had been here for a long time, but I refused to give up. So all you naysayers, let's just agree to disagree and go on our own ways. You have nothing to lose if I succeed. Unless you are from a site that grabs all the contents from the translators.

2. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just be like me!

Release a chapter full of typos in the first few hours (because my editor are busy with graduation exam)

Edit the chapter to fix the typos after 2 days had passed (since I am a lazy bastard)......

The aggregator got a really bad full with typo chapter, while the reader got a good chapter.

The downside is that the reader will be angry for the first few days...

AliceShiki and Prosperous_Food like this.
  3. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no harm in trying to fight. It's good that you're learning new stuff in the process. I just wanted to remind you that this has been a losing battle for generations. If you find a way to defeat the bots, they'll find a way to defeat that. It's a cat-and-mouse game. In any case, I wish you luck.

4. Prosperous_Food

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all

I just want to inform you that 8 hours after releasing the latest chapters, they had yet to copy my latest chapters.

Instead, I checked, and the latest chapters were not showed their website at all.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Like I thought. If you make it too troublesome for the content thieves, they will

1. Need more time to fine-tune their bots
    2. Decide to leave your site alone.

I just hope it is the later. And no, the traffic to my site is not affected. :)

If it still works in a few days, I will share my secrets

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  5. Lemonadez

Lemonadez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes you can stop them from stealing your work..2 method u can choose 1

1.) Upload the chapter in filesharing media in zip file or torrent.

These bot wont download them and unzip it and any of these novel leeching script site, owner/admin/gm will not waste their time downloading every chapter unless only those reader.

2.) make ur website registered user based to view content..dem bots wont register on ur site if u have anti-bots question.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  6. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is some trick you can try:
    1. Put << in the middle of paragraph and >> a few paragraph latter. If they just scrap the code, this will make the page think that the whole paragraph is HTML tag and will not display the content

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    As everyone else said, I don't expect you to win this, but I wish you good luck! >.<

Ah, and most importantly... Please remember to not inconvenience your readers too much. A bit is fine, really, but if you start releasing completely messed up chapters, or poorly scanned images on a google docs and other things like it, and don't change it to a normal chapter even a week after... People will start dropping your novel.

I dropped a novel I really liked because of this kind of thing. I kept up with it for 1 month, but when the translator stopped fixing the chapters after a whole week, it's where I drew the line.
    The former won't work, lots of manga sites don't have online readers and you can find their releases in any aggregator, even if their release isn't on mangadex.

The later... I don't know.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry but imo that is the real reason
    aggregator or not that the main reason

9. Prosperous_Food

Reading List:
    Link
Thread Status: