Discussion Most Spooked in a non horror game

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by N1gh7R4v3n, Mar 18, 2018.

1. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was playing Skyrim (modded of course) with the darker nights mod. Practically need magelight to even see, anything, beyond its radius is pitch black. I find a bunch of boulders so I decide to set up a camp there, so when I go to place the campfire, In the corner of my eye I think I see something run behind one of the boulders, My magelight spell wears off and I recast it as fast as I fucking can (as without it, its just a black screen with heavy rain playing in the background) the spell goes off and a woman in rags is standing RIGHT fucking in front of me with her face 1-2 inches away from me, her face taking up 90% of the screen. Screaming 'You have to help me!'. I fucking shit myself so bad I had opened the console menu and throw off my headphones, forcefully standing up and almost knocking my chair over (as its midnight for me now as I type this and this happened 10 or so minutes ago), my dog who was sleeping under my desk goes fuckin apeshit, Ive played all the deadspace games, beaten the new resident evil game, played and beaten outlast, but THAT was the most fucking scared Ive been.

PS, the woman was from the random encounter where the woman had escaped a group of bandits and asks you for directions and to kill them

SO In light of this, whats the scariest moment in a non horror game yall have had?

Nurman and Terepi like this.
  2. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was about to finish off a boss in Dark Souls and my PC powered down due to a power outage :/

pirateking36 and Geor like this.
  3. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    a game called life

4. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    screenshot

Attached Files:

5. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything in Outlast and Outlast whistleblower. Like legit everything
    *shudders*

Blitz and Rhyse like this.
  6. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    try Petscop

7. syntrux

syntrux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doki doki literature club, lul

8. Spanner

Spanner 『Devilish Wanderer』『King of Bad Decisions』

Reading List:
    Link
    Outlast is horror tho..?

9. RayPeest

RayPeest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have gotten scared in a kirby game b4, felt so ashamed of myself for a few days.

10. No Name Left

No Name Left New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Warframe, I was using the boltor (huge nail gun) and running around the map looking stuff. I end up in a dark part of the map and turn a around and there’s a dead body nailed to the wall which scared the shit out of me.

11. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon's Dogma. . .
    when i found out that you can have the Duke as your love one. . .
    and my character is a male. . .

oh the HORROR!!!!!!

Geor likes this.
  12. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    having a power failure just as I was at the final boss .... one that lasted for 5 hours .... and I hadn't saved in like two hours before the fight ....

13. Artusar

Artusar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was playing Subnautica and went to a biome named grand reef,( You can’t see anything there without lights and you still feel vulnerable with a big ass submarine) I was going down and searching for resources it was relatively calm and I had been farming for half an hour and then I heard a screeching of the scariest creature there is in the game, the Ghost Leviathan. It rammed my submarine one time out of nowhere and I went nope and full throttle out of there.
    For reference: listen to the sounds that thing makes *shudders* and imagine seeing only darkness while hearing them, never knowing when
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_Leviathan?comments_page=1

Blitz likes this.
  14. Bananana

Bananana Barbaric Bob by day, bananana-man by night

Reading List:
    Link
    Feral ghouls in fallout 3 and new vegas. They freak me out. Fallout 4 ghouls ain't got shit on those guys.

Honourable mention moaning undead of the elder scrolls series. Necromancy and me don't mix

15. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most scared in a non horror game: Starwars battlefront 2....I was about to snipe yet another enemy and I was looking through the scope and suddenly vader pops up literally in front of my face.
    Most scared in a horror game: Dying light.... I spent a night.... On top of a lap post. I died.

16. Designation

Designation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seaside hotel level, or the abandoned hospital in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Both places crashed a bit after and I had to replay them. Had to turn off game sound, play happy music, and turn on all lights in the room. Not doing that again.

N1gh7R4v3n likes this.
  17. RadiantDreamtide

RadiantDreamtide Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trauma Team.
    The part where you play as the medical examiner solving the murders that involve the "Rosalia Virus". Seeing how the virus spread, adapted and influenced its victims, destroying their minds as well as their bodies, seriously creeped me out way more than any horror game I've come across (except the original White Day and Corpse Party 1)

18. Silveus

Silveus Never Drinks Mana Pots

Reading List:
    Link
    This was a long time ago but, I think I was like 9. I was playing star wars shadow of the Empire for the Nintendo 64, and I think it was the 8th level where you go into these sewers, you fight some soldiers, and then all of a sudden you hear this.... growling thing. I kept hearing it, and I had no idea what it was. I'm freaking out, playing this game at night by myself in my old decrepit house, and I can not figure out where it's coming from. I'm also lost in the course, basically going around in circles. Finally, I figure out where to go, and then this tentcle monster thing pops out infront of me.

Scared the crap out of me.

19. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting arrogant by not saving on the save point and blaze trailing the next level.
    Only to get into a hard fight, barely escaping with a lick of hp left,,,,,with poison status.

Mostly dungeon crawler games

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SAVE

20. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Kid me playing Super Mario Bros, totally spooked by lava stage bgm, imagined it was in hell :D