Spoiler Thousand Autumns

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Oct 11, 2017.

1. MoMoePom

MoMoePom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually it's his junior brother. Just remembered.

He's surprised. Actually he and MC had really good relationship ever since they were young. He never wanted to kill mc, even the poison he used was not a deadly one, just to make MC's qi gradually disappear. He thought that with MC's level of skills, he probably won't die even if he fell, and he secretly searched afterwards but was surprised that he didnt find mc down there (Because ml picked mc up lol). He never made a villian speech though, he just helds a very different opinion and was overly stubborn. He died in the end to save MC actually, and it was really sad.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t see how the MC would fall in love with the ML after what the ML did to him (handing the MC the his enemies)? :blobconfused:

3. MoMoePom

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... It doesn't sound possible. But I do think their relationship makes a lot of sense taking into consideration of their personalities, though it's beyond my ability to summarize. If I am to explain it, it's going to turn into an essay probably... Q.Q Don't give up hope on them.

4. Pachia

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll try not to give up hope on them. And to do so I will watch how the ML treats the MC more in the future.

5. MoMoePom

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll really suggest you to read the whole book in a binge read after a complete translation is available, if you're really concerned. As much as I don't like to admit it, the romance develops really slow, and the middle plot is probably not something you'd enjoy. This novel is not for everyone, but I really liked it and wanted to share it with others. ;w;

lilysmith and Akkachu like this.
  6. Pachia

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I’m a coward, I’ll wait for the entire translation of the novel to finish before reading it.

7. MoMoePom

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to be such a bad seller :cry:

insteadofdeath and Akkachu like this.
  8. Pachia

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give example of the ML thick face with the MC?

9. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any sweet moments of ML with MC?

10. meridianna

meridianna Suffering Ikemen Best Civilization

Reading List:
    Link
    hello, i'm new here and literally signed up just for telling that this one is very good. or i can't sleep at night.
    i've done MTL for this novel though it's first time......... yea, MTL makes my brain mushy.
    as no one posted more spoilers here, i'll just tell according to my memory. please correct me if i'm wrong.
    most of them are in extras. by that point, they're practically in-sync greatly. idk if it counts, but the most memorable thing for me is when ML tricked MC and hid him within budha statue to avoid their pursuers. and ML went out alone to distract them, leaving MC who's crying behind. i think that's the first time it's clear that MC is very precious to ML. oh also when ML took duel with MC's master's opponent from beginning of novel (uh i'm sorry i can't recall his name. in MTL he's called fox deer and i'm sure that's not it). ML won, but with great cost. so MC who was worried literally jumped from a mountain to other mountain where's the duel took place. wow, wth.
    basically this last duel in later chapters is about ML tried to save MC. the opponent is the master of MC's opponent who was killed by MC before, around middle part of novel. so even there's no ill feeling, a revenge for disciple is a must. as for MC, he obviously is inferior to this guy, so even he accepted the challenge, he wouldn't win. then ML saved MC and ran away :blobsweat_2: after that ML put official challenge to this guy, when he actually didn't recover completely from previous incident (when he was almost killed). MC asked this to ML but ML still didn't admitted clearly. even if ML was in top ten best martial artist (around no.4-6 cmiiw), but this opponent is obviously the no.1. so the chance was still slim. now, who won't feel touched...
    this MC is fuckin' cool, so very very cool. i really want to see his actions in visual forms q.q
    the ML is just................ chaotic evil. basically tricks and cheats are his second nature. so MC must be tolerant enough to deal with him. good thing, MC is a real kind person. well if he's not, ML won't fall for him alright. MC is not stupid, he's just cooped in mountain too long and not used to tricks. and compared with ML who provokes anyone anywhere and has many enemies... hmm.
    the difference in age is pretty far. somewhere in the novel, MC admitted he's around 30 and ML is around 50. but they looked young cause of internal energy. damn martial artists.
    i think i need to tell about this. yeah the amount of betrayal is quite something. first of all, ML sold MC to his opponent (which is actually crazy and will use MC for.....uh let's leave behind the details), just for....... seeing his suffering. yea, this ML is really chaotic, he wanted to make MC suffer and see him whether he's becoming evil and ditch his gentle nature. bad for him, MC is stubborn enough and never yield to cruelty. MC escaped from this situation by destroying his martial art and becoming martyr.. idk how to say, just say MC activated self-destruct button and would drag this f**ker with him. fortunately MC was saved after that by a kid he's saved earlier. though the cost is great.... at this point, he's shown crying for first time after knowing he's sold by ML. even knowing he's poisoned by his martial brother, i don't think he cried, maybe distressed but still very strong. cmiiw.
    then the poisoning, there are two traitors actually. first by his junior brother, and then his senior brother who plotted everything in secret. his little brother poisoned MC becoz the differences in ideals about Xuandu mountain. so actually no evil intention. he actually regretted it a lot and redeemed himself with his death, by protecting MC from an attack by.............the senior brother. at this point, the senior brother revealed his intention to become sect master and plotted to make MC fall. i'm not sure about this guy, but in the end MC punished him to repent in Master's tomb, which is same as death sentence.
    and now, for supporting character who shows a bit too much, Chen Gong, the teenager MC met in beginning of novel, saved quite many times, who listened to the reading of a treasure book, and sold MC to save himself from local tyrant. okay.... wtf. i'm pretty sure this Chen Gong guy has inferiority complex. after the incident where the treasure book was read and then burned by ML, after he had sold MC to local tyrant and therefore ML showed himself to MC, he practiced martial arts and becoming celebrity-like himself. but he's a bit too greedy and then died in MC's hands. uh i'm not sure the details, but MC indeed attacked him and destroyed his martial arts, to make him stop.
    well, ML and MC finally got together after MC saved him from death. ML has many enemies alright, and his enemies did join together to kill ML. they succeeded but MC negotiated with them to bring ML's body with him. after that, it turned out ML was still alive and MC treated his injuries. but ML showed mental complications and had split personality. these personalities are a lot better than ML's original so MC felt closer to him. i guess from this, ML knew that MC is a very good and precious person so he would not let MC go.
    maybe this is enough. as for how MC recovers, it's related to his basic martial art, which can repair almost any injuries and very godly. so that's why many people hunt it.
    i can't remember all extra coz of most of them about the politics and situation of the dynasty. one of extras is just really... sad. in this extra, MC slipped back to when he was 7, and his 7-year-old self instead went where he was already with ML. ML who saw MC's younger self ofc............ tricked him and made him cry. but ML forgot that MC now was only a kid, not the mature one, so he tried to calm him down or something. meanwhile, the older MC went to see his master who was already dead in early part of novel, in his mature form. fortunately, though the master felt strange seeing his disciple in bigger form, he didn't ask more, including the future in fear to complicate things. instead the master asked MC to go enjoying festival with him. then they looked various stalls. in the end, MC felt asleep in master's lap. when he woke up, he found himself in ML's lap, and holding the lamp candle his master gave before :blobsad::blobcry: this kind of master-father is my weakness. masterr :blobsob::blobsob:
    edit: welp, my brain is mushy. i added a bit detail

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  11. Shizuka15

Shizuka15 Lady Lan XiChen

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for these spoilers! I'm reading this novel and it's becoming more and more engaging!

12. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    your welcome! indeed this novel is very engaging. the plot and conflict are so different with usual danmei. this is action-packed and thrilling. i kinda joked myself that MC is really unfortunate to keep on running and keep getting hurt, which reminds me on some shonen manga........ err... but don't worry, in the end they have peace and enjoy their life fully. it's just after reading all those intense and fantastic battles, i feel empty :(

MoMoePom and Shizuka15 like this.
  13. MoMoePom

Reading List:
    Link
    You did such a good job analyzing it. I know it's such a good novel... I just think the chemistry between these two people are so good. Generally speaking I hate evil people, for example, even though the XY/XXC pair in Founder is also an evil x good pair, I just can't stand it at all. :cry: But for some unknown reason, I have no problem with this pair, and in fact I like YWS a lot. He's a cool guy. I mean he's evil but he doesn't hide anything. He made it very clear to SQ the reason he saved and kept MC, but as he said, MC kinda believed himself (and as a reader I thought so too) that he could turn YWS into a good person, and YWS is just like, nah, you think too much...But of course, SQ is like the "white moon light" for me.

lilysmith, Anie, meridianna and 3 others like this.
  14. Shizuka15

Reading List:
    Link
    Who are XC and XXC,again? I' m reading Founder but nothing came in mind:blobpats: (only JGY and Lan XC but they aren't a ship). Anyway, I also don't like very much evil ml, at least not unreasonable evil, so everytime YWS does appears I'm worring how he will behave toward QS :blobsmilehappyeyes:

15. MoMoePom

Reading List:
    Link
    Xue Yang and Xiao XingChen from the Yi City arc. YWS is never mean to SQ. He just teases him, and coldly observes when SQ is in trouble

16. Shizuka15

Reading List:
    Link
    I see thanks! I somehow removed that arc from.my memory because it was too heartbreaking...
    I see, I'm looking forwad to see how and why SQ falls for YWS^^

MoMoePom likes this.
  17. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks so much!! i'm kinda afraid i said something wrong tho :blobsweat_2:
    yeah, i'm same too. i never liked XY also, i feel like he can die many times for all i care. so XY/XXC is just...... notp. i mean, i'm not against with anyone who likes this pair, just i prefer other pairs. imo, the difference between XY and YWS is, when XY pretends to be good guy, this YWS pisses people even in same faction and is openly evil. what a great guy (he really reminds me certain villain from game called Devil Survivor 1. i just love this villain. but let's leave at that).
    idk....... even i knew XY was badly treated before, i just can't bear to like this guy. maybe as XXC said to him (cmiiw), he should not be very cruel to people who mistreated him and dragged innocent people to suffer in his revenge.
    i really love chemistry between YWS and SQ, esp when they're discussing about the state of dynasty or what would happen there. YWS is so smart.. he predicted things accurately. sadly i couldn't understand much :blobdizzy:
    "white moon light"... what a nice nick for SQ. very heartwarming :blobmelt::blobmelt:
    i love this guy for not being blackened. this kind of gentle char is very rare recently imo. i mean.... i can understand for some kind and gentle chars becoming blackened. but not that easily? well it's just my opinion.... if someone is real kind, they would not be changed easily as it's in their core to be nice. that goes for evil chars actually...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Poor_Hero, alexfilia, cici and 2 others like this.
  18. solowars

solowars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished this novel some days ago and I actually really like the development of the romance. I think the extras help explain how SQ confronted his own feelings for YWS (because the main story just went straight to the 'confession' lol), and I think it does make sense how they can fall for each other despite how different they are.

Longer explanation, with spoilers:

My impression of YWS is that he just doesn't really care about people in general - the novel describes him as a person who originally only thinks of others in two ways: either as those on the same level as him, who he can respect, or ants that he can trample on easily. In the beginning, SQ is the latter kind of person to him, and because YWS believes that human nature is originally evil, he thinks there will never be a person who wouldn't turn dark after being exposed to the worst kind of torment. Therefore, he easily betrays SQ (and note, he doesn't regret this, even after falling for SQ) when it became useful for him to do so. However, despite all this, SQ kept to all his staunch moral principles and refused to give in to evil thoughts, and even saved YWS's life at the risk of his own after the betrayal. Because SQ defies YWS's expectations time and time again, YWS finds that he's begun to think of this person as special, and as they interact more and more, SQ gradually becomes the most important thing to him (and it helps that SQ is like super beautiful for a guy, so the physical attraction was always there). We aren't given much backstory to YWS, but it's clear that he grew up alone, and probably never really had anyone he cared about in his life, so his feelings for SQ were the first time he felt so deeply for anyone. However, his character doesn't change just because of him being in love with SQ, he's still the same person, but for once he's willing to compromise for someone else, instead of just living life solely based on what he himself wants.

For SQ, I feel that he always had a good impression of YWS, despite the fact that YWS is from an evil sect. Although SQ is described as a 'pure lotus', he has no qualms over killing truly 'evil' people, but is kinda 'to each their own' about those who practise the evil arts. He respects YWS for living his life according to his own rules, although he doesn't necessarily agree with or even like alot of the things that YWS does as the head of an evil sect. Because YWS saves his life in the beginning, SQ feels indebted to him, and believed that YWS was his friend, until the betrayal happens. Even then, SQ doesn't hate YWS, because he knew YWS was always this kind of person, and he only has himself to blame for not guarding against YWS. After he saves YWS's life, because of YWS's injury, he develops split personalities, representing different identities(?) YWS had, one of which is basically kid!YWS who adores SQ, and SQ really likes this identity, to the point of shedding tears when YWS tells him that kid!YWS doesn't exist anymore after his injury is fully healed. Although he feels that YWS only thinks of him as an ant after the betrayal, YWS surprises him again and again when he demonstrates that he's willing to sacrifice himself for SQ's safety. SQ is moved, and still really respects YWS for his attitude towards life, as well as for his intelligence (YWS is super clever and easily picks apart political plots). Also, unlike some of the other evil sect people in the book, although YWS doesn't care about the suffering of others, he also doesn't take joy in killing or torturing people (he literally just doesn't care about them). Although SQ had a very sheltered upbringing as the beloved disciple of the No.1 Daoist sect, he does adapt and change his way of thinking (but never his principles) after spending time in the 'real' world, and I think his ability to just understand why people do the things they do without judging them is key to how he can tolerate how different YWS's principles (or lack of them) are. Because he understands YWS's character, he's super moved when YWS uncharacteristically saves him at risk of his own life, and believes that YWS truly cares for him. At the very last chapter, he realises how important YWS is to him as well (because he thought YWS was dying), and accepts that he's fallen for him. In the extras, he decides that he should properly tell YWS's feelings (actually a plot by YWS, who was pretending to ignore SQ), and takes the initiative to kiss him. They then sleep together for the first time, and YWS makes him take responsibility for it in the morning (despite SQ being the one getting bullied all night lol). FYI YWS's shamelessness exceeds even WWX's from FOD, because WWX actually has a moral compass, and YWS well... pretty much doesn't. But he's alot more soft-hearted when it comes to SQ, so he feels bad for tricking him so much (but won't stop bullying him because he loves SQ's reactions).

I really really like SQ's character, because it's not that he's unmoved by all the terrible things that happen to him, but that he can accept them and move on. Also, at the point where he was at his lowest, someone repays the kindness he showed to them in the past, saving his life, and reaffirming his beliefs. Because SQ's master was basically a really great dad to him, SQ grew up to be a person with strong principles and a kind nature. However, he keeps growing as a person as he learns more about the world, and he admits to his mistakes, so the character development is subtle but there. He does get angry, but his upbringing taught him alot of self-restraint, so he's always kind and gentle (but also firm!!!) when treating others. The last extra was really sad to me, because it was a scene from when SQ was a kid with his master, and his kind nature had never changed since then, despite all the trials and torment he's been through. I think it's pretty rare to see such a well written selfless MC, since these characters usually feel very Mary Sue-ish. But SQ feels very real to me, so I'd highly recommend giving this a read if the original "MC is a pure white flower" feel puts anyone off.

I am sorry for rambling on for so long.... hope I actually sound coherent...

My biggest problem with this novel is that there are so many countries and people and politics happening in the background that I can never figure out what political thing is actually happening. It is set in a real and very politically turbulent time in ancient China, so maybe it's presuming that the readers would have some basic knowledge of history. The politics don't distract from the story though, it's mostly just background stuff and sets the stage for the actual plot things that happen.

19. solowars

solowars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was re-reading some parts of FoD today and I agree that XY is a different kind of villain, and I can't ship XY/XXC either. I feel like XY is evil in a way that means he simply can't develop feelings for someone that aren't twisted. I can understand why he turned out that way, but I can't accept what he did, especially to XXC, Song Lan and A Qing.

YWS is just... clear lack of morals. But he doesn't seem to enjoy hurting people, and the way he cares for SQ is very loving (even if he does love bullying and tricking SQ a little too much).

lilysmith and meridianna like this.
  20. RoseColouredSin

RoseColouredSin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thanks for all the spoilers guys!!! I read the first few chapters and I was intrigued but I wasn't sure whether I wanted to continue. I think I’ll wait for all the chapters to be tled first so I can get all the knives over with in one go ;-;;;

I feel like this will be a story that will make me cry a lot and I already wish I could transmigrate into the novel just to give hugs!

Thanks for tling Momoe!