Discussion What elements would you want?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fallion, Mar 18, 2018.

?

The Elements

1. Fire

22 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. Water

34 vote(s)
    43.6%
  3. Earth

14 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Wood

18 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Air

35 vote(s)
    44.9%
  6. Metal

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. abcalltheway

abcalltheway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably pick wood. Because plants is op in a forest etc. So go elves! also maybe maybe either metall or earth as secondary since metall would be good for defence and more of a close quarter build, whilst earth could go very well with wood/plants etc. though fire would be a great counter one has to note that in a forest you will be attacked 360 degrees and id say even a fire/air combo mage is weaker then. Ofcourse fire mage would be better overall though since you can use anywhere, except it might be weaker at sea perhaps? and maybe underground where a lack of oxygen is the least you want.. With air this might not be a problem but id definitely say that the fire magics would be weaker there whilst earth/mettal/wood id say are strongest underground that is whilst wind is prob weakest?

2. Zetrix

Zetrix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would go earth and metal. The idea would be to train my defense to an insane level, then sleep the rest of the time. The world wouldn´t affect my choice, just the training method (cn=body cultivation and western/japanese=defense spells and passives defenses or enchantments).

3. abcalltheway

abcalltheway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    fire/earth could be cool. Go Magma! Or should one use Metall instead? hmm...

4. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really a fan of "elements", but if I had to pick, then likely fire as main since it would be useful in keeping yourself warm and fed, probably water as secondary so there is always a steady supply of water for drinking, cooking and possibly to put out fires if the fire element go out of control.

I'm probably in a minority to consider combat magic a bit boring, doesn't really make sense to me if it isn't applied to mundane/everyday tasks as well.

5. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only want the darkness element. That way I can become a necromancer and create a bunch of cute little sisters! We will cuddle and have tea parties! I will hold their hands and tell them bedtime stories!

Night Phoenix likes this.
  6. Ejsarv

Ejsarv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Earth and air due to the potential jamming, trap set up, and multipurpose uses. And, of course because of the awe inspiring dao of pit holes.

7. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    For a cultivation world, fire and wood. Fire being my primary element, and wood secondary. Fire is a powerful combat element, and is also important for alchemy. Wood is also an important element for alchemy. So I at least have a safe way to make a living while also protesting my ass against possible physical threats.

8. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    You could also do it with fire and wind, lightning is due to temperature changes in the atmosphere
    The problem with fire is that it doesn't really have any strong areas. Yes you'd beat a wood mage in a forest, but you'd also be burning the entire forest down and earn the ire of every living being for miles around. Underground you'd be consuming all the air and suffocate unless you had air as a secondary (or had an air mage with you). Quite honestly I wouldn't pick fire for combat purposes. I might pick it if I wanted to be a crafter of some kind, such as an alchemist or a blacksmith.

9. Shratath

Shratath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw wood its not an element since its a living thing, or it should be element of life or sth :p And earth and metal is almost the same thing (why china why :p )
    Btw i would choose earth element since its everywhere and would help a lot in a fight or defense > Secondary element i think it would be air , u can defeat others just by removing air from their surrouding ;)

10. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Air for magic and earth for dao/body cultivation.

11. Fallion

Reading List:
    Link
    I was considering between your combination for the exact same reasons and the one I went with in the end :D Alchemists just always seem so thirsty for herbs.

12. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    the shadow element as main and metal as second strong evasion and defence plus it would go good with swords like DE shadowless stance

13. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Light - for infinite healing,Metal - Supreme Defense/Offence
    Since i want to equip my body with ultimate defense - metal,+ healing which makes me harder to kill ;P

14. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    Fire and Metal
    I shall forge the weapons of KINGS!

15. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    gravity

16. Fallion

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a bit odd that you're trying to find reason in the elements which are literally all just made up. Earth wouldn't be a real element either since it's made out of countless things, if anything it would be more reasonable to call sand an element.

17. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to be clear. Metal is good for defence but since it comes as a base from the chinese system that means earth is above it defensively but metal is best for penetration and attacks.

18. Lonjest

Lonjest Dahar Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Fire main; air secondary

With fire and air combo you can do some pretty nasty combos. Fire can be the base element for lightning. Both are a form of energy. So might be possible to get up to lightning. Air of course can help in this and can help you fly. Even more so with fire thrusters coming out of your feet and hands like The Human Torch.

19. LuminaDawn

LuminaDawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably Water and Lightning, water because of control of that would let me control ice as well and lightning because it is a good method of attack and speed. I'd probably live in a Jp/Western setting. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to live in a CN setting and kill people, but odds are that I'd either run into the MC, or someone stronger than me and die because I don't have plot armor.

20. Fallion

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you on the part with combat magic, but I find your choice of elements odd. You're picking elements that'd be good for surviving in the middle of nowhere, but as a combination they're a bit useless in civilization, aren't they?

Shratath likes this.