Discussion Your classes for game novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by KidBuu, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys so lately more video game novels have been getting translated where the mc gets transported into the world of the video game and I was just wondering what classes you would all pick if you were in that situation. Now for most of the novels it seems like the individual gets two class, one main and one sub, for the game unless the mc gets some plot armor to get more but hey lets keep the plot armor for ourselves minimal.

My choice would be a thief/assassin and a necromancer. I'm not the brave kind of meat head that would charge into battle so my strategy would be a wait and see with wave tactics. I'd go into the dungeon or whatever area it was by myself and search traps to disable for xp and assassinate the low leveled enemies and then raise and order them to stay. Repeat that process until I find a enemy that I could not kill easily and then order all of the low leveled undead I have raised to attack it in waves. If necro is high enough to put curses on multiple weapons then put some on undead but if not only my own weapons and then wait in the shadows for a good chance to attack. Main weaknesses would be how squishy I would be with those classes and that my combat power in cities would be halved for avoiding using necromancer spells.

I've shared mine if you have any interesting combinations feel free to share with the rest of us. Oh and by the way I can predicted that quite a few of you would pick some slave master class to make yourself a harem of fighters and thats fine just keep the classes about yourself and avoid making others jealous of your harem's fighting strength.

2. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    summoner/necromancer/classes that using others to fight for you - as my main
    While the sub then.....leave it to fate.

3. resusplus

resusplus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    two possibility one is a mix of craftman and necromancer to create realy unique undeath or the other would be seeker of knowlege merchant to create a sort of information guild

KidBuu likes this.
  4. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    i want take path of twilight so Holy knight and dark Knight.

5. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    But then the doors slam on your first dungeon. It's a monster house. No traps :)

I'd pick hero, cuz heroes are OP

6. Fermi

Fermi 〔 ALT+F4 〕

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to wield a brick like Steamed Bun Invasion. That's all I ask for.

7. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial / Sword Sage + Elementalist / Multi-Element Mage (if onely one then it shall be light/holy)

Add some "enlightenment" in xianxia style and that's some solid foundation for a cheatless but still OP Mc ^^

8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what kind of game it is, is it one of those where you can technically learn pretty much every skill by grinding enough? (Classes are basically more like your focus/specialization where you improve faster/more/easier)

Or is it one of those if you have class A you can only learn certain class A skills? (Unable to learn class B, C, D etc skills, abilities, & spells)

Also, setting would matter a lot. Is it just some generic mostly peaceful place with monsters where 'adventurers' do oddjobs? Or is there like some powerful evil faction? If there were a lot of undead or demons etc then being a paladin or cleric/priest would obviously get a lot of bonus points.

Anyway, for my basic answer without knowing any particular details—I'd probably be going for something like a warrior/knight, but I like to have a lot of tools for any situation so I'm also a bit of a jack of all trades.

readerz likes this.
  9. SpecTreX

SpecTreX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Assassin as main and Mage (light, dark, fire, water, earth, wind & space (as dimension storage is convenient) as sub

Assassin cause i like being stealthy (and i like being in the background instead of the spotlight)
    Mage so it's more convenient for me being stealthy. use wind to remove scent, earth to soften the landing or assist moving along with wind, water for water supply, fire for well fire, light and dark are just additional to my arsenal
    And lastly space, it's convenient to have dimensional storage just like in the wuxia, it doesn't hinder your movement and you can put things in and out easily

10. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Shamanic warrior, not just Western shaman but selecting abilities from every Shame associated group. Shamanic Warriors are different from Shaman in that although boulth are jack of all trades Shamanic Warriors focus on combat and not medicine, magic and teaching. Shamanic Warriors are in touch with spirits have totemic powers can use medicine have strong physiques and innate strength and battle prowess. A Shamanic Warrior is an all purpose fighter that specializes in nothing!

11. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Curse mage main with shadow mage sub

Watch me as I drop curses on people then use shadows and Illusions to hide until they die.

KidBuu likes this.
  12. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My class would be sisters guardian because cute little sisters must be protected

TamaSaga likes this.
  13. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Paladin. I like beating the crap out of stuff, and I dislike dealing with injuries. Perfect combo.

14. ilyr

ilyr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alchemist. Manufacturing potions and miracles since the dark ages

16. Raubtier

Raubtier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe an Archer as a main class and a Mage class as a sub?

17. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the best for a normal person would be a ranger or a gunner (if you can have guns - maybe magic guns that consume MP?), since ranged classes in real fantasy world would be quite strong, as there is no balancing to nerf their damage to balance out their unlikeliness to get hit.
    Besides that, any class with a strong camouflage, or better yet, invisibility skill.
    Also, it was mentioned before, but necromancer. Though there are different versions, but lets assume that you can have a version where you can summon any number of undead of any type, anywhere, as long as you have MP, and you can keep summoning, since only summoning costs MP, and them staying summoned not, and they stay with you until destroyed. Although necromancers are usually hated and/or shunned in almost every setting, the upside is a potentially millions strong undead army.
    #UndeadKing4thewin
    Aside from that, a warrior/fire and lightning mage would also be good. Warriors usually have a good defense and are strong, and unlike knights, they mostly wield bigger, heavier weapons, like two handed axes, hammers, greatswords, and the like. And fire/lightning magic combo would probably be strong against everything - I doubt there would be anything that could resist both fire and lightning, and if there was, then any other magic would also likely not do much.
    Possibly, depending on the specifics, arcane mage, since arcane is usually pure energy, and you should have a huge array of spells, that should also be strong against both melee and magic enemies.

18. ilyr

ilyr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know specific classes but I would probably go with something that is focused in medium to long range attacks (guns, bows, magics) and stealth.. slave master/mind control powers might be a nice bonus.. and evil aligned.. undead or demon..

20. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any kind of healer as a primary class.
    I like playing healer classes in the games I'm playing especially when I'm feeling lazy. All I gotta do is stand in the back line, spam heal and remove debuffs on my team mates.

My secondary role is Mage,
    Well.. Mage because of convenience. Also, the thought of being able to control elements sounds amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.