LCD The Lord's Empire

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Nekorin, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Nekorin

Nekorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nu link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-lords-empire/

description:

“Ding! Soulbinding has been successfully completed; you will now head to the Heaven Awaken World.” After hearing this, Zhao Fu’s vision darkened as he fell to the ground.

With bleak prospects in the real world, Zhao Fu’s life is turned around when countless crystals fell from the sky one night, which people could use to enter an alternate, game-like world. After obtaining an ancient Chinese empire’s legacy, Zhao Fu uses his intellect and resourcefulness to develop his own empire from a tiny village. However, with enemies both in the real world and in the Heaven Awaken World, he must make brilliant decisions and use creative schemes to survive.

2. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc is stupid. He handled the orc battle all wrong. Should have peppered the large Kobold village. Brought easily captured Kobolds to surround Goblins. Repeat pepper attack. Easily capture those too. Then mass surround Elfs. Orcs would then be facing 16k army.

My reasoning for this is the fact that Kobolds are similar to dogs. Sensitive noses. He could have easily overwhelmed this larger Kobold town like he did the first one. Sure there is a massive number difference, but that doesn't make them immune to the way he attacked the first time. Might need more pepper though. He could just teleport into the city and buy it in bulk.

Goblins are cowardly. Once you out number them then hit them with a pepper attack like the Kobolds I'm pretty sure they'll break. If not just shower them in spears, arrows, and bolts.

The Elfs would have easily crumbled facing a vast army of 10k worth of units. Morale would be shot. Then all you need to do is tell them you want them to join you to face the weaker orc hordes.

By my understanding he could have come out even more on top. He could have gained roughly 14k population.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. jeskai729

jeskai729 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but wouldn't the elf, gobs ad kobolds rebel when they find out what happened
    less is more?

aren't the 3 clans more than the qins army?

4. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw a lot of reviews that this MC is stupid compared to the World Online's protagonist and even that dude only survived only because of nuclear bunker grade plot armor .Is it really that bad?

5. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah except atm the plot armor does not even exist everyone is just extremely dumb

6. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot armor in this novel is really strong, expect rapist MC in the future

I Eat Monsanto, Shadowsan and Falhrus like this.
  7. Empress

Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC stupid by setting or is it the Author's problem?

8. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    But he doesn't have an interest in women at all right now

9. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, i'm reading GTL of this and i'm at... 700 or 800 or so ?
    And he only lost his virginity at 500+ I think it was. And he was sort of seduced, they got along decently and finally just took that step I believe it was.

As for rapes....
    So far... maybe a few debatable rapes, but nowhere near the amount of women he actually has in the 'harem' for various reasons, most of which he's never actually touched, and most of the ones he's touched have mostly been limited to foreplay-level, kissing, fondling and fingering, because he needs them to climax for various benefits. That also went a lot easier once he started cultivating a special method that sort of really brings out their lust and makes them really enjoy what he's doing, so most of them start begging for it after a few kisses, but they also enjoy it a lot more thanks to it, so... Still, he mainly is at the foreplay level with... let's be generous and say somewhat under 100, out of several hundred in total, and he only might've taken the further steps with less than 20-30 I think, because there's not really any descriptions of most scenes, so it's hard to interpret whether it's tame or serious, because it just says 'after some time he left and they were left on the ground', which doesn't really say if it was foreplay level or not, but which has been proven to make them faint earlier. And considering those numbers as well that he's been considered as an evil debuachee & terrible ruthless emperor since the start, it's low.

Let me put it as simply as possible. It has a lot of cultivation parts and the cultivation level of the rulers plays a lot bigger role than in TWO where their political skill is more important. And there's a lot of fantasy elements, other worlds etc.

People are much more inclined to surrender to vastly superior forces when they've already lost a significant portion of their own forces and morale just went to hell with the appearance of new enemies. Loyalty of new troops is always low, so using them to turn the tide less than a few hours after their surrender is an extreme gamble. Also, despite their differences, they were all beings of one region, they might've banded together against outsiders if they knew they had arrived. Which is easily accomplished when forces are being conquered and it's not one of their own. And he needed mainly two things 1) population (which is more easily subdued when many warriors are dead) and the city stones (which is much more easily captured when many warriors are dead and would just be brought with and reused if they had a chance to escape). He wouldn't have had the forces to completely surround the orcs or elves and to be 100% assured they wouldn't be able to make a breakthrough escape in one direction and bring the city stone with them. Sure, not many might have survived, but the stone would matter more.

10. pentadrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy fuck, looks like even Yun Che would cough blood and recogonize MC as Mt.Tai going by the sheer number of women he's either fiddled with or completely diddled. GGWP , thanks for that spoiler, now I'm doubly certain of not picking up this novel. A stupid MC, stupider side characters + insane harem?

Jeez, if there was a train for the Gods, this would be that train's trainwreck

11. Robbini

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... he sort of is the inheritor of an empire. And we all know they can have large harems . But like I said,
    he's barely touched ... 20% of the women who he's 'put' in the harem , because he hasn't seen the need or want to. There's two reasons why he has so many women 1) He got a special ... let's call it artifact, which can both strengthen him and various parts of his nation, by collecting phoenix essences (outstanding women have it or what not) , and it automatically starts collecting theirs as soon as he signs their names on plaques and 'takes' them as part of the harem, nothing more is actually needed, and he ignores most of them afterwards. 2) He's able to ... overwrite national & royal family artifacts from other nations with two requirements, he needs 100k or 1 million of their people to swear allegiance to him, and as much 'royal' family females as possible to ... either feel passion or sort of submit to him in that regards, so he just goes for the foreplay-level as I called it on most of them. National artifacts require more people and more females, not necessarily only of royal blood, but outstanding in some way. Those females from so far two other royal families he's defeated and 'overwritten' their artifacts amount to ... 80% of the women he's actually touched, and I mean touched, most of the remaining ones were in a trial where he didn't actually expect them to be allowed to come back with him, and it was sort of a big F*CK YOU to the Tang Dynasty by literally seducing his way to the throne.

So... it's not necessarily a harem for lust, but it's not entirely a harem for political reasons, but sort of a harem for... strategical purposes. Which sounds really odd.

12. MAVRICXZ

MAVRICXZ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Copy of the world online

13. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the MC is an idiot, it's just that the world itself is too simple and doesn't really allow for much subtlety. Remember the second kobold village he conquered? He had a much bigger army and his own kobolds to convince them they'd be treated well, but they still didn't surrender until he pulled that stupid chili pepper trick. Only time he's gained a village through diplomacy was the human village threatened by bandits, and that was more like a quest reward. For the rest, you beat the village then it joins you, that's just how the game is played.

14. pentadrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you're probably right. I read somewhere that one of the emperors in the Ming dynasty, either Yongle or Hong Wu or something like that had around 2800 concubines/consorts. Wew

15. jeskai729

jeskai729 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is GTL?

16. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    darn. . .
    so it's a high grade nuclear bunker inside of vault 111. . .

that's one of hell plot armor he got there. . .

17. yonell9

yonell9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok! This novel is just a very cheap copy of World Online, were resources are infinite that almost half of the population of his territory are soldiers. And i still continue to read it because of the kingdom building tag. If your not into kingdom building avoid this. Even for me it is a shitty novel.

18. numza

numza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank for spoil

I think I should drop this novel I don't like harem :oops:

LNOnlineOtaku likes this.
  19. Robbini

Reading List:
    Link
    Google Translate , not sure if it's an official term and I usually call it GT, but i'll call it GTL from now on.

No nation could survive financially with half the population as soldiers, and there's no way in hell that there was ever such a time in TWO. I think at most at the most extreme times, it might've been somewhere 10-20%.

20. Robbini

Reading List:
    Link
    This might be a spoiler and might not, but the difference in force isn't enough yet for them to be willing to surrender.