Wuxiaworld's Exclusivity - The Contract

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sick of all the WW\QI Crap so I no longer care either way.

But even though QI is giving some pretty crap quality translations I am more sick of the holier than thou WW fans (people against paywall) who rant against QI no matter how little actual evidence is given from either side. :blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

Plus I hate WW's new site layout. :mad::mad::mad:

2. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually like that layout.....makes switching pages smoother.:blobReach:

3. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    I find getting to a novels TOC a pain in the neck it was much easier with the old drop down menu. :blobawkward::blobawkward::blobawkward:

asriu likes this.
  4. ungas1232004

ungas1232004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooohhhh you really need to get a life lol :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Slayerwolfx2 and AliceShiki like this.
  6. ungas1232004

ungas1232004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I need more pop corns:blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

Guyver likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    He never said he favored Qidian? He just said that, as far as we know, this contract could be completely forged.

Which is true. Though I don't think it is because I don't think Ren benefits from making a fake contract, it totally could be.

Raising a valid question isn't favoring Qidian. *shrugs*
    Comrade! The drama just got annoying by this point!

Haters are always annoying, no matter what side they are in. :blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:

Miss Ruby and Guyver like this.
  8. Mkill

Mkill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except the one that needs to prove anything is qidian, given it was their side which first allegged breach of contract to poach HJC translations, proof which was not shown.

It was QI that first started this mess, but they decided to keep quiet probably because their PR is utter shit.

It's not that I have blind trust in ren or ww, but that qidian has not shown one bit of good faith nor demonstrated the breach by ren's side. The conclusion should be obvious at this point.

It is what it is.

@Edit
    Having reviewed earlier qidian's response, it does seem that their allegations were stating that WW did not have exclusive publishing rights, which means ww actually needs to prove they do.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, the only one that needs to prove anything is WW.

I agree with you on the community aspect, that Qi should be the one to prove themselves... But, if anything is to come out of this, WW is the one that needs to prove Qi wrong.

People can be as outraged about Qi as they want, the majority of readers simply doesn't care and read what is available to them. The mere fact people were happy that Qi picked HJC already shows that.

Guyver and StuffedDuck like this.
  10. Mkill

Mkill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, this is wrong. You cannot prove that you didn't do something wrong. It is an impossibility to prove a negative, a devil's proof as they say.

Qidian must prove, in court, The alleged breach by ww which allowed them to steal the translations. Otherwise they are the ones that have failed to fullfil its terms.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhn... You never read Qidian's claim, did you?

Their claim is that WW has the right to publish those translations, but not that they have the exclusive right for it.

WW needs to prove their right is exclusive, that is how it works, if WW doesn't do anything, than nothing will happen.

asriu, Cite, GonZ555 and 2 others like this.
  12. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i currently am not reading hjc but it seems like both are trying to overrun each other with massive releases

13. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    @Mkill

Unfortunately this is correct. WW has to prove that QI is in violation of the agreed upon terms of the contract.

If i were to break a contractual agreement nothing would happen to me until the other party took me to court and proved that I had infact broken the signed upon agreement. Same applies to WW vs QI.

In this scenario WW has to go to court and prove they have all exclusive rights and by proving that they will show QI has broken their contract and will likely get renumeration for the stolen novels. They have to prove their case to prove QI has been bad.

asriu, readerz and AliceShiki like this.
  14. Mkill

Mkill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having reviewed the earlier posts, I can say that you are actually correct. Qidian is indeed saying - in the initial posts at least -that WW does not have exclusive rights, which needs to be proven by WW. It was my mistake. I seem to remember they saying otherwise, that qidian would only be able to host after Said novel translation was completed, but I can't really be bothered to look for it right now.

I will be adding an edit in my first post (if possible now) to clarify my misunderstanding.

Viola and AliceShiki like this.
  15. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    You got that from Ren's rebuttal. He said that only once the novels had been completed (and possibly released on ebook can't remember that bit) that QI would have the right to repost the novel.

From what I gathered it was the single caveat to their exclusive contract. What Qidian is doing atm does not fit into that caveat and breaks the exclusivity agreement.

If the contract states that it is even more ammo for Ren to use in his legal case.

16. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though there is a contract, enforcing it can be a HUGE pain. I know this from experience, sadly. If one or more of the parties who signed it later want to renege on some terms, it's super hard to force them to comply.

~ Ah, this is giving me flashbacks...

Viola likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs and pats*

There there, it's okay, whatever it is, it is already over, you don't need to worry about it anymore~

readerz likes this.
  18. Mangochic

Mangochic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for coming out with this, don't let this get you down, justice will ultimately prevail despite Shitdian's evil ways.

Boredgasm likes this.
  19. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    ohh drama :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

though i agree with another comment, i don't get why they translate the novel when there's already a translator; they could've just translated a new novel

20. Chupchup

Chupchup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only angle I can think QI is doing is they give WW rights to Translate in #1. They gave WW exclusive rights publish the Translated works(produced from #1) in #2. So QI is probably trying to say that they did not give WW exclusive rights to translate (ie #1) thus their BS in hiring Endless to do a 2nd translation of HJC to publish on their own site which I think it's a waste of money. Obviously I'm not a lawyer but that's what I took away from those two snippets and used it to guess at what QI is doing (wasting money on subpar translations as compared to WW's version).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.