HJC

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Suijin, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

In that case yes but we know hjc its license already
    It between ww and qi, and ww will finish it up not like they will abandon it
    Ww have the license its diff if u dont have it

2. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian started translating from chapter 673 (or c231 part1). The new releases are being added by the bot which is why you're only seeing the new releases. The bot cannot go and automatically add old releases so if you would like to add the missing chapters, you can use this link: https://www.novelupdates.com/add-release/

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) NU still links to licensed stuff that is illegally hosted online.
    2) Qi x WW drama regarding dual hosting and stuff is something to be decided by lawyers on court, not by people on the web.

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  4. Lemur420

Lemur420 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, lemme ask you, if the new group that is poaching the materials, is doing so in subpar quality, why do the moderators here not go through and actually try to provide the better copy, instead of letting every bit of garbage flow unfiltered?

Also, the "neutrality" of NU towards what is legal and not, what is decent or not, or what is quality or not, adversely affects it's users. Instead of making sure that quality is being maintained, and creating a competitive market, which is well within the realm and scope of this site, instead, it continues to be the middle ground for a battle where it knows which is in the right and in the wrong. While that is truly neutral, neutrality is also providing the best regardless and that is definitely not the case here.

Mangochic likes this.
  5. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So ignoring the legality of everything I do wish there was some kind of quality check. Now I understand that its very unrealistic for the NU staff to check everything but it can be simply narrowed down to novel that have more than 1 active translators.

Now this isn't a comparison of who is better but merely if the new group (that just hit 50 chapters to be posted on NU) meet a certain quality. If it does then it shows up on NU if it doesn't (and the bar shouldn't and mostly likely isn't going to be set really high anyways) then it can be a like hidden or something. People who wish to see it can see it other wise it remains hidden. Doesn't NU have something like that already?

To make the work load realistic its only for new translators who are starting a novel currently being translated. I'm just kinda spit balling ideas here XD

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    NU has no right to judge the quality of anyone's translation.

NU links to translations that are at least edited MTL, anything else is up to the translator to provide.

In case of multiple translators, readers can just choose the one they like the best.

There is no reason to not provide more than 1 option if there is more than 1 available (ridiculously rare occasion).

nexusmadao and Kuro_0ni like this.
  7. Lemur420

Lemur420 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please explain how, in your rationality, that the owners of a site, or of anything which is borne as a medium for any type of material, has no right to decide what materials or of what quality those similar materials are?

There is an inherent illogical fallacy to that reasoning, as all these things are hosted voluntarily by the site itself.

The ownership of anything inherently brings with it the right to judge what appears within its realms.

Your reasoning is akin to saying that I, as an artist and host of a gallery, have no right to judge the quality of the art work and discern what appears within. Your argument is an intrinsically irrational one, with no basis in reality or sanity.

Taking into account the quality, not just quantity of work is as much a right, as it is a duty to those that use your services.

Were i to host every child's crayon scribble kindergarten refrigerator art work, do you believe that my gallery would have any kind of respect or be taken seriously?

This site is, in all of it's functions, a gallery of art. With no discernment for taste or quality.

Being biased towards the quality of something it hosts does not constitute being biased towards one party or the other, it only signifies that in competition, you must be the best to be able to hold your place.

If there is only one translator currently translating a novel, by all means, host the one doing so. It may inspire another translator more capable of picking up that work, or even allow them to offer suggestions and "tutor" the other artist in becoming more exemplary.

Either way, your alludance to rights is off based and unrealistic, proving you've less maturity than you allude to, and that you've really no idea what you're talking about in this aspect.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    NU is not a host, NU is a directory.

NU doesn't host an art gallery, NU is a person that is in the middle of the streets that answers the questions of lost people that ask "where can I find an art gallery".

NU is not a translator nor does it host translations of any kind. As long as you are not providing raw MTL, you're in.

Quality check is not within the realms of NU's rights.

9. salox

salox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what's going on with HJC showing up on Qidian all of the sudden? I thought Wuxiaworld just announced they were taking it to the end a little while a go and now it showed up on QI today. Anyone know anything?

OldManGu and gheist1234 like this.
  10. Mr Pancakes

Mr Pancakes Well-Known Pancake

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there are 2 different translators, too.
    I'm not too sure about it tho, I just think I saw another translators name on a chapter on Qi

OldManGu likes this.
  11. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    I support Wuxiaworld for HJC and now I am used to the chapter divided in parts for the read... And they are translating real quick... So, for now just go to Wuxiaworld when you want to read...

12. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a dick measuring contest between WW and QI.

13. arceus

arceus The Invisible Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    QI being the shameless big corporate thieves decided to poach HJC from WW saying the translation is very slow. So, @rwxwuxiaworld hit back by asking all tl'ers at WW to help finish the novel. QI gave the novel to a group famous for MTL crap as far as I have heard.

14. grandurr

grandurr [Daisy's Peony] [Negiomi's Nectar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of the chapters from QI arent even properly checked at all

DarkToastie, OldManGu and arceus like this.
  15. salox

salox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what it looks like. I scanned the first chapter QI posted and it's riddled with errors. I'm gonna stick to the WW translation. Better quality and release rate is good. Plus I've read it through them from the beginning so I'll finish it out with them.

DarkToastie, OldManGu, Eques and 5 others like this.
  16. ccostin93

ccostin93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I also read 2 chapters in QI after reading them on WW. The quality on QI is way lower and there are still some mistakes here and there.

17. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so that's why ww got faster at translating it.
    I won't really complain much, this actually benefited us readers the most.

18. BattleNoob

BattleNoob Founder of the NooB Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha fucdin is literally getting desperate if it true to poach hjc

19. arceus

arceus The Invisible Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    They never bother to do so with any of their novels. As long as they get the money, they are even ready to spew MTL crap. Knew this ever since they gave TTNHto that group( Forgot their name). I stopped reading on their site after all the debacle. How is it now?

20. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    Hjc is not a bad novel, it was just going slowly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.