Novel Forest of puns short story.(ch.1-05)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Donutmindme, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I jus relized what that joke was...
    It took me a minute to sink in.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    You wanted flowers, I added flowers.

While waiting for the clothes to dry you to catch some fish to eat. Once your clothes had dried and you put them back on. The camp fire is put out. After that you head over to the animals in the pond. The pond had frogs and ducks. This time you ask both to help you to quickly get out of this forest.

“So I’ve been toad that if I ask you all, You’ll tell me how to get out of this forest. Please tell me. I only have a frogment of hope left.” The frogs all blink and look at you. The ducks respond by giving you a heads up.

“The frogs will jump at you. You must duck, and leap away from them.”

You listen to the ducks and escape from the leaping frogs. As you are moving away from the pond and deeper into the forest.

“This place is so fishy how am I supposed to get out of this forest. I’ve spended a tree-mendous amount of time here.”

As you mutter to yourself to yourself a wild fairy appears.

The fairy uses observation and encircles.

You’ve become surprised.

Fairy uses lure.

It works, you are luerd by the fairy.
    The fairy lures you with the fragrance of flowers. The flowers smells like sweet syrup to you. Following the fairy and scent, you arrived at a flower garden in the middle of the forest. You admire the scenery and and began to talk to the fairy. “This P(h)rairie of flowers is really beautiful. Did you make it?”

“Yes, over the many years I planted seeds and watched them grow. I haven’t seen you around the forest. Are you new here?”

“Yes, but I want to leave here. I want to give an Olive Branch to the forest, but it doesn’t seem like it will want to work with me. Can you help me? All the animals have not helped me at all.”

The fairy pauses to think. It looks like the fairy is debating to help you, or not.

“I can’t really tell you out right, but you’re barking up the wrong tree. If want to know how to get out of here I suggest you go find the Overseer of the Forest of Puns. Only he can can get you out of here.”

“So can’t tell me either? This is fairly upsetting, But thank you. Can you tell me which way is to the overseer?” The fairy noods and points at the mountain.

“Go to the foot of the mountain, and that’s where you’ll find him.”

“Thank you finding the needle in the haystack is much easier now. The needle being a way out for me. I really need to hurry, or else it will get dark soon.”

You wave the fairy goodbye, and head into the direction of the mountain.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  3. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    So I thought I could write what happened before he found him self in the forest.
    “Hey mom can you tell me that story again? The one about the Forest.” I asked as mom hands me breakfast.

“There was a forest full of fun. The child went there once every full moon. The child loved to play with the animal, and the animals of that forest weren’t ordinary. These animals could talk to the child. A week in that world would be a day in the child’s world.”

“Mom what’s the child’s favorite thing to do in that world?”

“The child loved puns. Everywhere the child went, he left Puns in his trail. Soon the child became so attached to that forest, that the spirit of that world merged with him. The spirit and the child became close friends. As the child grew up they became lovers. The spirit merged with the child so that they both can be together forever.”

“So what happened after that?”

“They opened the gates to the forest on every other full moon.”

“Why did they do that?”

“They did that so ones with ill intentions can’t enter, and if they do they are taken care of. That’s why it’s every other moon. To take care of what’s isn’t supposed to be there.”

Mom is done with the dishes, and hands me a cup of milk. While doing so she looks at the time, and it’s 6:50 am. I finish my drink and get my stuff.
    “So mom whatever happened to them?”

“They all could be dead. Anyways son, you should get going or you’re going to late.”

“Thanks mom. I’ll see you later.” As I said my goodbyes, I walked out and head to school. While walking I noticed mom’s cat, that had disappeared recently. Curious to why to where it had been I followed the cat. But before I could follow it my friend calls me out.

“Hey haz what are doing? School is not that way. Don’t get lost again. You always had a bad sense of direction, but a good sense of time.”

“I don’t have a bad sense of direction. But, I just thought I saw mom’s cat.”

“You mean you guys still haven’t found it yet.”

“Yes, and by the way Sophia we have a quiz today.” As soon I mentioned that Sophia gave a sour face.

“What. Which one?” Nervous, She waits for my answer.

“The pre-calc unit test. I bet you didn’t study at all.”

“Noooo, I’m so not prepared.” The two of us continue to talk until we got to school. School went pretty normal except I couldn’t stop thinking about mom’s cat. What I had decided to do that afternoon was find mom’s cat.

I went back to the place where I saw her. I looked around, and surprisingly I found cherry, mom’s cat. Curious to where cherry is going, I decided follow cherry. As I was following cherry the forest grew denser. I wasn’t really in a cherry mood, as the surroundings changed somewhat.

The forest I was in gave off a strange vibe, and is not what you’d think. While thinking this, and looking at my surroundings, thinking what this place could be. I had lost sight of cherry. I continue deeper into the forest, looking for cherry. I should have given up here because now I’ve gotten myself stranded in another world. Cherry could always come back home when she wants to. Therefore, there was really no need for me to look for cherry.
    Ik it’s like late, but this all came to me after I did the 2 chapters.

4. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so I change my mind about that one being the prologue. I somehow made it ch.3 continuing off of ch.2. Idk the story flows much better like this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’m still trying to figure things out. There’s not much changes except for the beginning and end. I’ll post it in a sec.

5. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah theres not much changes.
    The mountain is really big, and not easy to miss. You would continue but the heat of the forest slows you down. After a few minutes of walking you decided to sit down. Sitting down in the cool shades of the trees and close your eyes. Once you closed your eyes you drifted off to somewhere else.

“There was a forest full of fun. The child went there once every full moon. The child loved to play with the animal, and the animals of that forest weren’t ordinary. These animals could talk to the child. A week in that world would be a day in the child’s world.”

“Mom what’s the child’s favorite thing to do in that world?”

“The child loved puns. Everywhere the child went, he left Puns in his trail. Soon the child became so attached to that forest, that the spirit of that world merged with him. The spirit and the child became close friends. As the child grew up they became lovers. The spirit merged with the child so that they both can be together forever.”

“So what happened after that?”

“They opened the gates to the forest on every other full moon.”

“Why did they do that?”

“They did that so ones with ill intentions can’t enter, and if they do they are taken care of. That’s why it’s every other moon. To take care of what’s isn’t supposed to be there.”

Mom is done with the dishes, and hands me a cup of milk. While doing so she looks at the time, and it’s 6:50 am. I finish my drink and get my stuff.
    “So mom whatever happened to them?”

“They all could be dead. Anyways son, you should get going or you’re going to late.”

“Thanks mom. I’ll see you later.” As I said my goodbyes, I walked out and head to school. While walking I noticed mom’s cat, that had disappeared recently. Curious to why to where it had been I followed the cat. But before I could follow it my friend calls me out.

“Hey haz what are doing? School is not that way. Don’t get lost again. You always had a bad sense of direction, but a good sense of time.”

“I don’t have a bad sense of direction. But, I just thought I saw mom’s cat.”

“You mean you guys still haven’t found it yet.”

“Yes, and by the way Sophia we have a quiz today.” As soon I mentioned that Sophia gave a sour face.

“What. Which one?” Nervous, She waits for my answer.

“The pre-calc unit test. I bet you didn’t study at all.”

“Noooo, I’m so not prepared.” The two of us continue to talk until we got to school. School went pretty normal except I couldn’t stop thinking about mom’s cat. What I had decided to do that afternoon was find mom’s cat.

I went back to the place where I saw her. I looked around, and surprisingly I found cherry, mom’s cat. Curious to where cherry is going, I decided follow cherry. As I was following cherry the forest grew denser. I wasn’t really in a cherry mood, as the surroundings changed somewhat. I became more confused and my panic slowly grew.

The forest I was in gave off a strange vibe, and is not what you’d think. While thinking this, and looking at my surroundings, thinking what this place could be. I had lost sight of cherry. I continue deeper into the forest, looking for cherry. I should have given up here because now I’ve gotten myself stranded in another world. Cherry could always come back home when she wants to. Therefore, there was really no need for me to look for cherry.
    You opened your and said, “well now I remember how I got here. After all this I’m still not in a cherry mode.” Your face became gloomy after you had said that. It soon changed after you find a certain fairy staring at you. It’s the same fairy who told you to go over to the mountain. The two of your continue to stare at each other until the fairy sits down next to you. Your face changes in reflection to your thoughts.

6. Erineko

Erineko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should allow a pun-o-meter to put down roots at the end of each section, just in case someone grows curious as to how many pun seeds you've planted.

For sure you gave us a lot of cherries at the end of 3rd part.

Donutmindme likes this.
  7. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Pun-o-meter sounds nice! I was thinking of devolving a map for the forest. I have have it all in my head, but drawing it is a different story.

8. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I have to count all puns I planted.

Erineko likes this.
  9. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know why it took me so long to do this.
    PON-O-METER: Puns that I planted in the chapters.
    Ch.1<Welcome;13 Puns>
    Ch.2<The garden;8 puns>
    CH.3<Cherry;1 puns>​
    +
    Total of Puns: 22 Puns.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  10. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    I also noticed the number puns progressively decreases....

11. Erineko

Erineko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you will run out of puns, you can always travel deeper into the forest to the forbiden and dark old meme zone. Turning memes into pure words may be challenging but the sheer ammount of material to choose from is astounding.

Donutmindme likes this.
  12. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    I decided the average amount would be 5~10. Tho thank you for this idea, i might wanna start making an index for that. Um, mostly jus to have it at hand, and not waist it so much time looking for those. Yeah that can be challenging tho. Its why I decided to write this story, as challenge to myself.

13. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    I was supposed upload this two days ago. I got Side track with stuff. >.> and procrastinating. I’ll write and upload at my own paste.
    You stare at the fairy who gave you directions just moments ago. The fairy stands in front you underneath the cools shades. The unusual hair color of the fairy flows along with her light pink dress. The two of you continue to stare at each other until the fairy talks.

“I am Amaryllis, and what’s yours?” She ask you with a smile.

“My name is Haz, but what are you doing here?

“I thought I could guide you to there.”

“Well that’s nice, but why would you need to?”

“Because this forest is very complicated. There are four zones, and currently we’re in the Summer zone; The summer zone, has for layers of transitions. Which all can be different. To navigate you’ll need a map, which you clearly don’t have.” The sun’s hot rays are blocked by bundle of leaves, and Kaz looks at her in those shades.

“Then at this rayte we should leave and find a map. Do you have any maps?”

Amaryllis shakes her head, “Unfortunately I don’t have one, but I do know where we can grab one. As well as food and supplies for the journey.” She stares blankly at him, and studies him. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure go ahead, shoot for it.”

“I know you are not from here. Humans rarely come here, and you are the first one I’ve seen in a long time. I’ll tell you this now. A week in this world would be a day in your world. So why do you want to leave so quickly? When you’ll only miss a few days in your world. Since this is your first time here, and probably your last. You should enjoy it, and take your time. You would never get a chance like this ever again.”

“That sounds nice, but I still want to get back soon. I don’t know long this journey will be so I might as well enjoy it. I guess I’ll take this oppurrtunity ”

She nods and continues to talk to him. “So how did you end up in this forest?”

“Ah that. I got here by following mom’s cat then I just found myself here.”

“What did it looked like?” Now she was very curious to know.

“It had white fur, and heterochromatic eyes.”

She gives a blank look at Haz. The silence between them continues. Finally Haz breaks the silence, “You know my mind is still scattered about this whole thing.”

“Its okay you’ll soon get used to it.” Amaryllis gets up and brushes the dirt of her dress. “We should hurry and go. Were going need to get to the Library of Hedge. That’s where we will grab our map.” She begins to slowly walk away.

“Is the tempurrture always like this?”

“Yes, that’s because this is the summer zone, so its hot here all the time. Except when it night of course.” Kaz nods and follows after Amaryllis.
    ______
    PON-O-METER.
    Ch.4 <Amaryllis: 5 Puns>

Erineko likes this.
  14. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch.5 right here.
      Haz walks with Amaryllis as she continues deeper into the forest. She navigates through the bundle of trees, and the two continue to walk in silence. The wind blows and the leaves flutter. Amaryllis turns to Haz and her feet lifts off the ground, but only by a few inches.

  "What's the cat's name?"

  "Oh her name was Cherry."

  "Cherry huh..." She puts her hand her chin as she says this.

  "I guess I had furrgotten to tell that you that. Anyways where are we exactly heading?"

  "For now we'll be going to my place. It's sorta getting dark soon, and you probably haven't eaten anything." She flies around Haz once, then began to lead the way again. Her hair dance in the wind, as she flies away. Haz stares at her then looks at the sky and whispers to himself.

  "This is still all strange to me. Furthermore, should I really trust her?"

  "Hey! Haz how long are you going to stand there!"

  "Yeah I'm coming over!" Haz runs after her, splashing on some puddles on the way. The cool breeze kept him nice and cool, as the trees in the forest seemed to get bigger. Haz gasped at the size of the trees as he chased after her. The sun no longer shined through as the sky darken. Small lights began to appear in Amarylis's trail. The lights illuminated the forest, each light glimmers with blue, green, light pink colors.

  "Be careful, and don't slip! It had rain yesterday!"

  "Well that explains the puddles."

  "Try jumping on the mushrooms." Haz follows her suggestion.

  The mushrooms were really huge as well. He jumped from mushroom to mushroom. Following the trails of light he then sees Amaryllis had stopped. He soon stops on the mushroom nearest to her.

  "Welcome to my home." She spreads her arm out and opens a hole in the largest tree that was in the center. She then spreads out her other arm and snaps with her finger. The lights all gather and condense into a stairway to the hole. She gestures Haz to walk on the stairs.

  "Don't worry you won't fall, I assure you this."

  He nods and ascend the stairs. When he reaches to the top he looks at Amaryllis, then walks in. She follows after him and closes the hole. She leads in to the living room. He sits down on the soft cushions, and looks around the place the are doors but no stairs. The place is also very bright with the lights dancing around near the ceiling. Amaryllis returns with some food.

  "Here have some mandarin oranges." As she puts the bowl of mandarins on the table he proceeds to grab one. "So Haz as I told you I don't have a map with me. Therefor, tomorrow we set off to the library to grab one." She then brings out a small bag, she open the bag and grabbed a cookie from the bag. "Here help yourself."

  "Thanks, but this plan of yours seems a bit half-baked. I also like to ask why is your house so far from your garden?"

  "Well you see I don't really move around much, so I never needed the map. I knew my way around certain areas. The house is far from the garden because that's where the other fairy's meet up. Also notice how I said the garden, instead of my garden." She glances at him while eating away at the cookies.

  "Well it's your garden right?" She nods as she munches on her cookies.

"You see I did create that garden, and it's sorta mine. However, the other fairies also help me grow things in there. Basically what they grow in there is theirs. In short, the garden is also theirs. It used to mine, but now it our garden. Anyways why don't you take a shower, and get some rest? Well set off tomorrow, so I want you to be prepared and ready." She wipes the crumbs away and stands up. She begins walking and turns back to Haz, gesturing him to follow. He gets up and follows her after he having the last mandarin. "This the bath you can use it. Once your done you'll go to the room near the grandfather clock. I'll make stairs for your since you can't reach the door. Okay that's all anything else?"

  "nope."

  "Good. Then I'll be off now." She flys off and leaves Haz to his own devices. Haz then walks into the bath.

  "I can finally let off some steam." He takes off his clothes and puts them in the basket. He soaks in the water and stares at the ceiling. "Now that things have watered down to this point I guess I should follow her, and just go with the flow. Sigh..There's no thing I can do at this point." After minutes had passed he began to leave the bathroom. He grabbed the his clothes and the bathrobe lying next to it. He puts on the bathrobe and walk out to the living room and notices a set of stairs. He climbs the stairs to his designated room. Once after walking inside he puts away the clothes, and collapse on the bed. "Day 1 complete," Haz finally closes his eyes and dozes off to sleep.

Today I met a human.

Usually you don't see them.

I decided to help him leave.

The boy didn't ask me.

I wanted to help him as I please.

I cannot leave him alone, for what he might see.

He might see things he doesn't wish to see.

PUN-O-METER.

  CH.5<Day 1 done;6 Puns>

+  Total<Previous chapters;27 puns>

Current total< 33 Puns>
    I was going to write more chapters for spring break. But I ended up getting sick, being sick is not fun. QAQ it's horrible, and feels horrible. I still have four days left, so imma try and get sum chapters done. This was longer than what I usually write.

15. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally got the formatting that I wanted!

16. ChickenBakuba

ChickenBakuba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude this is fucking hilarious

You sir are a genius

Donutmindme likes this.
  17. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx. My friends in IRL thought it was funny as well, except for that one guy. He said everytime he heard pun he died, and that he couldn’t take it. I’m pretty sure he cringed at some point.

Erineko likes this.