Recommendations Dungeon/Tower climbing like SAO/The Tower of Druaga

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Astaroth, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Title is fairly self-explanatory I think, do note however, that I'm not interested in novels where each person climb the dungeon in isolation. Like for instance Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society, there shouldn't be any kind of instances or anything.

Basically, it's fine if the MC is powerful enough to solo floor bosses and continue to the next level, but anyone else could show up even if he doesn't invite them, because it's all open world and not instanced.

Ideally it would also be a bit like SAO where there's cites and town being established over time as progress is being made. (I think The Tower of Druaga and DanMachi also worked a bit like that, though tbh I don't really remember.)

Anyway, I'm technically fine with CN/KR/JP or even RRL etc, but I have a preference for CN in general and I'm fine with a link to raws if there's none being translated but you happen to know of one.

I'm absolutely not OK with pathetic MCs, though they don't have to be lunatic mass murderers. Also, arrogant MC who is constantly courting death like a dumb young master but getting saved by plot armor is also another no-go. Besides that, pretty much anything is OK. I don't have any problem with any tag or genre in particular (though obviously I have very low expectations for a lot of them, like technically I could read even yaoi/danmei or whatever if it fits the bill, but the chances of that is slim. Anyway, the point is that don't be afraid to recommend novels, as long as they fit the criteria.)

2. Russian anarchist-romantic

Russian anarchist-romantic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    u fell too low

Lil K.O likes this.
  3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tower of God

on webtoon

Zald Ecrofirt likes this.
  4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Already read that like 5+ years ago. Last I read/remember was after some competition where teams had to get to certain locations to summon other members from their team.

I was/am looking for novels though, but since you brought it up, I guess maybe I'd check it out again if someone knew where I was.

Viola likes this.
  5. Adardoniel

Adardoniel MTL Addict

Reading List:
    Link
    If the last time you've read it was 5 years ago, I would just restart. There are too many characters and events going on to keep track of as a current reader, I can't imagine how it would be after a five-year break.

6. Lonjest

Lonjest Dahar Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  7. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was in Season 2, probably around chapter 75+

Astaroth likes this.