LCD Badge in Azure

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by patcan3609, Mar 30, 2018.

1. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the latest discussion forum for this novel. A great novel that I would recommend for readers who like Western Fantasy with a focus on Mages, Politics, and Divinity. Another strong trait for this novel is its defining characters.

2. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    Would like to see a decent summary for this novel. The present one is incredibly generic and doesn’t tell me anything.

3. patcan3609

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than a summary, I'll give some overview of what I think is good about the novel since I've finished reading the raws of this novel. Personally, I find this novel as one of the best-written Mage novels on NU. The main character himself is quite intriguing as he truly does grow over time. The other characters are also defined pretty nicely. The story focuses more on Kingdom building and the struggles between fate and countries. Cultivation is not the main focus of this story, albeit, the cultivation system is quite defined. As I stated in the first post, this novel is a Western Fantasy with Dragons, Elves, Gods and what not.

blaze27 likes this.
  4. MrNebulist

MrNebulist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We really need a template for the first post in LCD threads.

Averroes93 likes this.
  5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually, the 1st post for a LCD thread should have the novel link + description. That's the basic courtesy, but then again, it isn't mandatory. So usually, it's only the OP that's caring for a novel that nobody notice in those cases.

Nepuko and MrNebulist like this.
  6. MrNebulist

MrNebulist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, at least the novel link should be provided. I would also like something like a review because LCD threads are often where I first hear about a new series. The author, number of chapters, release rate and genres would give more than sufficient information about a series.

7. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    The first few chapter when his adventure starts is confusing. I thought that grade 1 magic only 1 spell can be learned before exiting from being a mage apprentice. Is he in tbe same grading scale as his teacher by being 5 lvls behind or 14 lvls behind?

8. LollipoPReapeR

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the MC have some kind of cheat or something?

9. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    His Azure Badge is the cheat.

10. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
  11. LollipoPReapeR

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. Makes sense. How does it work?

12. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

13. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    MC puts his consciousness through it and experiences spiritual pain for a couple of hours, but ends up boosting his magic with it. Basically increases MC's magic, his pain threshold and during the hours he is in pain, he can calmly revise what the magic knowledge he learns.

14. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok guys basic summary for the first 40 chapters. Mc is the last living descendant of a fallen noble family and the only possessions he have left is the family mansion, the family badge(Asura Badge which is main cheat), and a box full of paper for debt from other families that owe his family money. Some stuff happens and a powerful 5th grade mage becomes his teacher and begins teaching magic. Something happens after he becomes a mage that makes him have to leave his teacher and go off on his own.

Positives: Water/ice mage and unlike most mage novels there are warriors and other classes that can stand toe to toe with them. One city in novel is ruled jointly by a rank 9 swordmaster and rank 9 mage.
    Negatives: Mc is not very smart in beginning and has extremely bad luck or extremely good luck at times. Examples: He has a tendency to kill people because he thinks he is all that from being a mage only to discover that they have a much more powerful background then him. This has already happened twice in the first 40 chapters. However, almost directly afterwards he discovers something very good that will help him.

15. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    I am going to be really bummed out if everything works out perfectly for Joey and Lex after these last few chapters. One of the first lessons that Jason taught Saleen was to know when people are using him and such. This whole time Joey has just been casually talking about making him into a living puppet or extracting his memory for Lex. Its going to be so annoying if after this whole situation ends that Saleen just becomes so "indebted" to these two that he forgets everything and just does whatever they say.

16. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Question for anyone else reading this novel:
    When did they confirm Jason, Saleen's teacher, was from Alchemy City?
    From my memory all the investigations couldn't figure out where his teacher was or even. Lex use to go off about his teacher's mysterious background and how he had to be from a strong force but for the last two chapters its just been flat out saying that Jason is from Alchemy City. So did I miss some big reveal or did the author just forget that he had been hiding all of this and answered it in people's inner thoughts without real facts?

17. anon500

anon500 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, is anyone going to update this? Several chapters have been released since chapter 211

18. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    this good? harem how come?

19. kingsahib

kingsahib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone tell me the mage ranks from the lowest to highest

20. patcan3609

Reading List:
    Link
    There isn't anything special about the rankings. Its basically numbering the ranks from the lowest number, 1, to 17.