Destruction of Humanity Registration

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by MaliMi, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Quadrum

Quadrum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Character Sheet:

Name: Kumoryou

Type / Race: Weak Lesser Spider Lv.1/10

Appearance: [Profile picture] (When I can sent images I will)

Background: He lived a normal life on earth. His family was not poor and not very rich either. He visited the 8th class and was very active on the internet. But on a certain day his hole family died in a car accident. Depressed and with no more happiness in his life he jumped infront of a train.
    But when he awake, he was not dead.....

Abilities:
    [Silk Creation] [Poison Fang] [Silk Manipulation]

Weaknesses
    [Fire]

Threat Level: None

Destruction Points: 0

2. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    OoC: I have two things to tell you. First, you cannot even imagine how happy I am for you to register. Second, sadly the way I created the basic template for this RP requires a large player base and till this day only two has registered. That means, this thing is probably dead before it was even born. It is sad for me, but unfortunately it seems to be true. However, do not give up! I will accept this and if you want to RP, I would recommend Magic Association. It is already on a good track and if you exclude two OP characters, the people there are reasonable and their characters have not made it that far yet. Also, an event will start in about 8 hours, so you would register at about the right time. Try it! you will not regret it!

IC: As the famicon eating penguin looked at the application....
    *He drowsed*
    It was only after someone dropped a piano on top of his head, that the silly thing woke up and realised that the spider was still waiting for him.
    "Hmmm, the hate seems to be just about right! Welcome on board, comrade!"

3. Zynros

Zynros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Grey Demon King

Type / Race: Demon King

Appearance: An androgynous humanoid figure, with pointed ears, long black hair, crimson eyes, and a pair of horns similar to a circlet.

Background: In a world of magic and fantasy, a hero was summoned. He was ordinary high schooler, average in every way, but somehow, on the second day after he was summoned, single handedly fought his way the the castle of the Demon King and killed him. On his return to the kingdom, he learned of a second Demon King, and killed him as well.

After killing the Black and Grey Demon Kings, the White Demon King, who summoned the hero, sent him back and took over the world. Thanks to the powers of the Demon God, the two fallen Demon Kings were eventually revived, only to have the exact same hero get summoned and annihilate them again.

This went on for a while, until even more humans showed up and killed the Demon God, after which the Grey Demon King decided it was proably a good idea to run away.

Abilities:
    {Demon's Blade Schwarz Drachen}
    The Grey Demon King's unique sword, granted by the Demon God.
    {Dark Magic}
    Magic that controls shadows and Darkness.
    {Ice Magic}
    Magic that manipulates ice.
    {Demon God's Blessing} (Disabled)
    The Demon God grants unto his followers eternal life, and those with his blessing shall never die.

Weaknesses:
    {Holy Sword}
    The sword of the Goddess granted to her chosen Hero. The only thing that can perminately kill a Demon King with the Demon God's blessing.
    {Light Magic}
    Magic which brings forth Light, and turns back the Darkness.
    {Fire Magic}
    Magic that manipulates fire.

Threat
    Level: None (Do not change this!)

Destruction Points: 0 (Do not change this!)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  4. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    The Renho lazed around in his desolate office when a new application came. With baggs under his eyes, the famicon eating penguin opened it and looked at the aspiring member.
    "A demon king, huh?" Those two words sent a wave of nostalgia. The Renho remembered the times when the mankind feared those beings and were their slaves. Hoewever, now they are just clowns for them. Nothing more, nothing less.
    *Sigh!* As the Renho thought about the good old times, he stamped the application with "Accepted" sign.

5. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got to say, while it picqued my interest the worldbuilding as well as gameplay are woefully lacking.

From the worldbuilding, it requires more background on the development of at least the major civilizations. How exactly they connect and move between realms/multiverse/planets? What are the notable races? Perhaps some short history for each? Maybe some technology overview?

But that could be build along the way, or even left open for the players. The vague gameplay is what fatal for your development.

You've put a clear end goal for the players, but there's only a very vague beginning and absolutely nothing inbetween. That's not good, you have to at least steer the players toward that ending or else it'll go completely off track. Put down a limitation on power levels. Give clear explanation on enemies' system. Make a clear chain of command with GM-controlled NPCs, even an army system unless if you're okay with the players becoming a bunch of one-man-army.

This cannot be managed the same way of open RP like the Adventurer's Guild. In fact, you'd do better with 5-10 dedicated players. It'll need a hell lot more effort on your part, but that's kinda given when you set up the end goal.

shad12ow and MaliMi like this.
  6. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. As I said, I did it completely on a whim. I originally wanted to leave the world-building to the players. In my original thoughts, the players would first have to cooperate to fully explore a world. Every single race and danger adn then work together to destroy it. That was aprt of why I made it a bit vague at first. Though now in retrospect, I have to concede that it was a bad idea. I should have, at the very least push them in a general direction.

7. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    That'd work if the RP is open end. Unfortunately there's already the Guild for that.

8. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    True. When I realized it after some time. I sadly did not bother to change it as I realized that because of RL, I might not have enough time for this. Should have thought about it sooner. Another blunder from me. I was actually kinda happy at that time that no one registered. Though, now someone did, so I guess I will have to go and improve the setting at least a little bit.

9. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I hosted one of these in the past, although it's exactly the other way around and was too specific and thus the players have to progress as several small groups. It collapsed after some people disappeared, which stalled their group, and in turn stalled every other groups. Can't be too rigid with these things either.

MaliMi likes this.
  10. Honghi

Honghi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Character Sheet:

Name: Kang (康)

Type / Race: Qilin

Appearance: Cannot link things yet because I'm still a new member, but just google Qilin.
    If you're too lazy, here's a description to read:
    Like the Chinese dragon, the Qilin is composed of different animals. Over the centuries, however, the depiction of the Qilin has changed. In general, the Qilin is said to have an equine-like body. Thus, the Qilin may have the body of a deer, or an ox, or a horse. The body of the Qilin is also covered with the scales of a fish, and is often enveloped in fire. As for its head, it is quite similar to the Chinese dragon, yet, even this feature has its variations over time. Some Qilin, for example, have been depicted with a single horn. Hence, the Qilin has been compared to the European unicorn, and has been dubbed as the ‘Chinese Unicorn’, while others are shown with antlers. Nevertheless, it has been suggested that the Qilin and the Chinese Unicorn are two separate mythological creatures altogether. Depictions of the qilin show a creature with the head of a dragon, the antlers of a deer, the skin and scales of a fish, the hooves of an ox and tail of a lion.

Background: After the prosperity of humanity, though mythical creatures such as qilins and dragons may not be gods, they are still divine creatures which require the reverence of humanity. As the qilin race slowly lost their influence, the population dwindled down until there weren't many left. Hong is one of the newest born qilins, hoping to bring prosperity to all divine creatures once again and bring down humanity. As a young qilin, not all of Hong's abilities are yet fully developed, nor are they all fully known yet.

Abilities:
    [Telepathy]: Qilins do not have the vocal capability of speaking, so, as divine creatures, they use telepathy to communicate with others.
    [Flight]: As a newborn divine creature, it has mediocre flight capabilities with it's magical abilities.
    [Flame Breath]: Some characteristics of Chinese dragons are shared with qilins, breathing fire is one of them.
    [Scale Body]: Qilins have scales, but as a newborn, it's physical defenses are decent. It can be pierced by anything as strong as a sniper rifle.
    [Divine Blessing]: As a divine creature, qilins have some sort of resistance towards magic, but as a newborn, this magical defense is low.
    [Flame Body]: Can emit flames from it's body and envelope itself in it when need be.

Weaknesses:
    Any physical attack stronger than a sniper rifle (Including punches and kicks if they are that strong).
    Any magical attacks with the same rating in strength as a sniper rifle.
    Any mind attacks (No mind resistances at all yet as it is a newborn).
    Dark Magic (As a divine creature, it is weak to anything classified as "evil/dark").

Threat Level: None (Do not change this!)

Destruction Points: 0 (Do not change this!)

11. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    OoC: Not gonna lie. Got worried when read Qilin, however you managed it very well.

IC: The giant white penguin-like thing looked at the divine creature before him in astonishment.
    'To think that they were still alive!' He could not help but exclaim in his mind. The Renho still remembered him as a child wandering and scavenging through battlefield, which was left behind after the Great Divine Hunt. And that, figure, that figure standing atop a mountain of corpses, which became a projection of fear towards the little Renho for quite a long time...

Finally being released from the nostalgia, the Renho took the application and stamped it with "Accepted" sign.
    "Welcome aboard, my friend!"

12. Honghi

Honghi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Haha thank you, were you worried I was gonna make it too OP? I was thinking that since we are gonna get stronger, I might as well make it so that it's a baby or something, weak in the beginning, and it gets stronger throughout the game.

IC: "Thank you sir! Glad to be a part of the resistance!"

MaliMi likes this.
  13. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Name : Lex

Type/Race: Legion

Appearance : The 'brain' of the legion looks like a tiny gooey green ball and it can occupy only a single body at time. The rest of the legion doesn't really have a fixed appearance and just look like a partly mutated version of the original species that has been been over.

Background: Originally part of a race created by the ancient gods solely for the purpose of bringing destruction to the world.They were nothing but tools to enforce the will of their masters. But with the death of those gods, the species lost its purpose for existence and were slowly hunted to extinction.... Or so the humans thought. Lex is one of the if not the sole remaining members of its species and its sole purpose is to seek out and destroy those who robbed it of its purpose for existence.
    Currently occupying the body of a mud Golem and has no beings under its command.

Abilities : [Incorporate ]- Starts integrating a being into its hive mind to gain control over the being's body. Stronger the being, lower is the chance of success. Stronger Lex is, higher is the chance of success.
    [Infect ]- Infects a being with its bodily fluids. Only infected beings can be incorporated.
    [Switch ]- Transfers the 'brain' from one body to another .But the body to which the brain is being transferred must be much weaker.
    Other abilities depend on the species of the being that is taken over .
    The body containing the brain can exert 100% of the abilities of the body.
    Beings incorporated at Elite level can exert 50% of original ability .
    Beings incorporated at Veteran level can exert 25%
    Beings incorporated at Soldier level can exert 12.5%
    Beings incorporated at Civilian level can exert 6.25%
    Incorporation percentage depends on Lex's strength and strength of the being

Weakness : Same as the weakness of the host bodies but have slightly higher resistance.Entire Legion gets destroyed if the brain is killed. Brain is also extremely weak to direct physical damage and thus tends to stay inside bodies that have high physical resistance.

Threat level:None

Destruction points : 0

OOC:this works?

14. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    OoC: Yep, this works.
    "Welcome aboard." The Renho briefly dealt with the application and returned to his breakfast.

15. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Need a hand doing the GM stuff?

16. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Wurm Warm Worm Wyrm

Type / Race: Ancient Penguin - Faust

Threat Level: None

Destruction Points: 0

Flight: Can freely move through air with the use of wings.
    Treeguise: Can instantly be disguised as a tree of choice. Four hour cooldown.
    Summon Salt: Can summon a moderate amount of salt. Four hour cooldown.

Orange Allergy: Allergic to the color orange.
    Cholesterol Deficiency: Requires a regular intake of salty foods to remain healthy.
    Spurgeon Fear: Irrationally fears humans named 'Spurgeon'.

[​IMG]

Faust. Issadog. Dacat. Hamstar. Long ago, the four ancient penguin tribes lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the humans attacked. Only the Commodore, the only penguin with the ability to fly, could stop them, but when the ancient penguins needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and the world discovered the new Commodore, a Faust tribesman named Wurm Warm Worm Wyrm. And although his flying skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But it is believed Wurm Warm Worm Wyrm can save the world.

MaliMi likes this.
  17. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    @MaliMi i had some time

18. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    OoC: Lol, nice one. Well played.

IC: A tear streamed down the Renho's face as he was greeted with the majestic sight before him. The most majestic being within the universe, the idol of his race. A penguin! And not only that. A possible successor of the Great Commodore! Overwhelmed with emotions, the Renho broke his PSP as he accepted the application with crying face.

Wobbly likes this.