Discussion Which novel is QI going to poach next?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by GodBrandy, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Which novel is QI going to poach next?

1. A Record of a Mortal’s Journey to Immortality

20 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. A Will Eternal

33 vote(s)
    38.4%
  3. Gate of Revelation

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Legend of the Dragon King

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Perfect World

11 vote(s)
    12.8%
  6. Renegade Immortal

17 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. Sovereign of the Three Realms

17 vote(s)
    19.8%
  8. Terror Infinity

9 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. The Great Ruler

15 vote(s)
    17.4%
  10. The Unrivaled Tang Sect

24 vote(s)
    27.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I was here :blobpeek::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool: to eat popcorn.

2. millman97

millman97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no clue, I'm but a lowly contractor. I heard they would if WW sent them the relevant papers, but that's just hearsay. And as I said before, posting on some forums isn't how you change a contract XD You need to go through lawyers and stuff :D

Nino Sasou likes this.
  3. Dark Omega

Dark Omega Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that, waivers, affidavits, etc. I just wanted to know if QI is willing as RWX already said that he was.

4. mechafanboy

mechafanboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I don't think you read what millman97 said.

He is a contractor and hence cannot speak for Qidian. What you are doing is literally asking him to promise you something that he has no ability to answer.

lonelytree and millman97 like this.
  5. Dark Omega

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not say that I wanted him to promise, I just wanted to know if QI is willing. Since he is a part of QI, albeit a contractor, I thought that maybe we could get some general info of the former's willingness. Everyone knows that a person not specifically authorized to do so, cannot bind the principal.

6. mechafanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, are you actually reading your own messages? Let me bold the relevant point for you.

Assume he said yes, a nice long war of words would erupt when Millman97's "lies" are exposed. Assume he says no, then the table would flip and NUF users would complain about double standards employed by QI.

Explain to me what exactly you want Millman95, in his capacity as strictly a contractor, to do in this situation that would somehow engender a response that isn't going to be blatant blackmail?

Edit: ... Okay I might have messed up the number, but the point stands....

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  7. Dark Omega

Reading List:
    Link
    As you already said, Millman does not speak for QI thus, I don't take his answers as gospel truth. Again, I just wanted to know the general atmosphere over at QI with regards to their willingness to waive the NDA. Whatever the others make of this, that's there own business but as to me, I asked a specific question to a specific person. I did not want a solid as rock answer, I just wanted the general atmosphere. Get it?

8. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure you haven't read any of my posts, or just didn't pay attention.
    Several times I described scenarios in which I assumed different QI statements are true - but overall their actions don't make sense. I also described several scenarios in which WW is lying, but the situation still doesn't make more sense.
    From WW's side at least we got a good enough reason for not going to court, QI has no real excuse (yeah, yeah, China Literature going public would be a valid reason, if the size of this case would be big enough to directly have an influence on them, but when they are not too bothered with losing a few million dollars per year worth of business, I would say that excuse is a rather poor one. That is however just my personal opinion - and if you are looking for what possible loss I am talking about, you can browse through this... it's much easier to find that part then you would think, I won't be nice enough to point it out).

QI has a proven track record of lying and trying to slander RWX instead of actually trying to prove that they are right - hell, they are even the victims in the situation QI telling everyone, they have not only been scammed, but also repeatedly slandered, damaging their reputation that very likely lead to financial losses! They have all the money in the world to turn that wrong into right and deliver a heavy blow to one of their main competitors in the international market. But they don't do anything.
    They are also unwilling to lift the NDA, while RWX stated several times that he would be ready to... even if that isn't true, if after all this Qidian contacts WW about lifting the NDA and get rejected, they can post it all over the internet and say that "we tried". Either nobody thought of that (QI didn't make many smart decisions, so wouldn't surprise me), or they just don't want to do it.

Until QI actually does something noteworthy that can prove that they are right, I would rather trust RWX and his reputation. I would not call it blind trust, because look at the GGP case...

9. GodBrandy

GodBrandy ❮Evil Shitposter❯

Reading List:
    Link
    I know they're bad, and I have no intention of defending them.
    Anyway, I was just using it to reply to Bao's argument, I never said you're wrong in doing what you did.
    However, it's not like WW's translations were perfect. In fact, you passed 2-3 hours on Discord to fix your mistaken-ridden chapters when you started releasing. Its quality after you started rushing was definitely lower than your average.
    It feels as though you're trying to hide behind a stick with this argument, or rather, blaming it on the translators and feigning ignorance on the matter. Not really credible when even WW's CEO was/is doing the same. Now then, what happens when you bring it in-house and start monetizing? That's not really 'free service'. Also, you might have not taken a dime yet, but isn't WW planning to take a cut of the in-house earnings of the translators? And this is while ignoring the other novels you don't have a license for, not sure what's the deal with that or how is what you're doing even legal.
    As for QI's patreon there is this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/380938657680457731/430196921538314250/unknown.png
    The contract specifically states otherwise? It doesn't seem to be the case.
    We were told beforehand that advanced chapters would be removed once premium was introduced. Patreon itself wasn't closed and translators can still have it; it's just much less lucrative than before.
    My claims are perfectly fine and cmon, don't lump me together with that Noodletown lol.
    Because they're the holder of the original copyright? The only thing that you proved until now is that you have an exclusive right for the translation. Such being the case, QI might be wrong for starting their own translations for HJC and TDG. But you never proved that dual hosting was illegal. In fact, posting completed novels is not. While for ongoing novels you didn't prove anything. It's just your words against QI's.
    There is no proof that they can't, again, it's WW's word against QI's. The only proof provided until now is that WW has exclusive rights for the translation, but they never provided concrete evidence that QI can't dual host. I'm also looking forward for that evidence, too bad that the chance of it being posted here is nonexistent.
    TLDR: I don't have any argument so I'll shill a bit for RWX and WW.

millman97 likes this.
  10. mechafanboy

Reading List:
    Link

11. Dark Omega

Reading List:
    Link
  12. mechafanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Check the timing of those messages. You tried to pressure Millman95 after he answered. What's your excuse/point?

13. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
  14. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    This is more what I was talking about. For you to say this means that you believe what WW say, unless there is a case of this with actual proof, in which case I'll apologise, since I haven't really followed all the drama for that long.
    From what I've been told (bear in mind, it's just hearsay) the QI bosses are willing to lift the NDA if WW send the necessary paperwork, but WW hasn't yet and QI don't care enough to take the initiative in lifting it.

15. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    95? Who is this fake Millman?

16. Dark Omega

Reading List:
    Link
    My last post was a statement reiterating the reason why I was asking. Did you see another question there?

mechafanboy likes this.
  17. mechafanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough I guess. Wording threw me off.

lonelytree and Dark Omega like this.
  18. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you need an example of why would one more likely to believe RWX instead of Qidian, here is one.

QI don't care enough to lift the NDA? They should be pushing for it if everything they say is true: it would restore their reputation to some extent, get them more readers, would hurt the competition, maybe even gain the trust of some quality translators etc. From a business perspective, for a company of that size (and background) this makes no sense whatsoever.

Sharudeis likes this.
  19. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They translated Fei Li Empire as beautiful China. If you are going to make false equivalencies by comparing that to friggin' grammar errors (which are many times more abundant in their version), then you are intellectually dishonest and I'm not going to bother with you.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Sharudeis likes this.
  20. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't really class someone's gmail inbox as proof :blobsweat_2:

Maybe they're currently doing well enough to not have to bother persuading a minority of readers that they've not lied.

I didn't say either mistake was better or worse, just that the published chapters from QI weren't the only ones that were shite.

Also, I like how you ignored my other points, like you only complaining when you couldn't keep up XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.