Discussion Which novel is QI going to poach next?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by GodBrandy, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Which novel is QI going to poach next?

1. A Record of a Mortal’s Journey to Immortality

20 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. A Will Eternal

33 vote(s)
    38.4%
  3. Gate of Revelation

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Legend of the Dragon King

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Perfect World

11 vote(s)
    12.8%
  6. Renegade Immortal

17 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. Sovereign of the Three Realms

17 vote(s)
    19.8%
  8. Terror Infinity

9 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. The Great Ruler

15 vote(s)
    17.4%
  10. The Unrivaled Tang Sect

24 vote(s)
    27.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree there is no proof who is right, WW or QI, but it seems you keep missing the point that QI PR is the reason why people don't believe their words. If you ask why people more incline to WW then no one to blame beside QI.

Edit:
    If by "there is no proof they can't" you mean QI, can't post the translation from WW, they can't.

Translation is own by the translator, whatever the contract between QI and WW, QI have no right to post it before getting permission from TL.

The unclear part here is whether WW sell the Translation to QI.

If yes, WW guilty but those chapter still need to be remived
    If no, QI guilty and they need to pull down the chapter

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  2. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That aside, a screenshot of an e-mail from a Qidian employee to a translator about buying back the chapters they allegedly own already apparently raises no questions and/or is no proof to something fishy going on. Let's not even mention the DMCA notice. I also doubt you have read any of the post, but I am not surprised - hell, I would be surprised if you would agree with (or just not reject) even a single point of it. Then again, that would most likely get you fired, so there is that.

They are doing well... I see, so they don't plan for the long term at the company like other companies would, because at the moment they are doing well. Ooookay, that's a bit surprising, but hey, what do I know? Probably nothing - so I guess it is time to stop arguing with you, since nothing I say will make any difference to you and I am just wasting my time once again with a random guy from Qidian.

3. millman97

millman97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that QI PR was extremely poor, plus RWX is an excellent spin-doctor

Wujigege likes this.
  4. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I did read through it. It was just someone making a bunch of claims and using gmail screenshots as evidence; that's really not proof.

I said maybe they're doing well, IDK.
    Anyway, cya :D

5. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spin doctor or not, at least RWX provide proof. Even the inbox message is not denied by QI. It maybe partial part but still proof, QI On the other hand not only incapable of giving proof but also can't give logical explanation whenever there is a valid question asked

6. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, as I said, I agree that their PR is poor

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Pick mine pick mine :blobReach:
    Meeh. I am so indifferent to these threads by now

8. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Occam's Razor - the simplest answer is often the true one. They obviously want good PR or they wouldn't have tried to spin so much nonsense, yet why can't they provide even the flimsiest of proofs, be it so much as a screenshot; in fact, they've never even dared to directly claim that anything I showed (be it screenshots or samples of signed documents) was false. Is it because they are completely braindead? Or is it perhaps because they have no proof to show? You tell me - what is the simplest, most logical answer?

I asked this earlier, and I'll ask this again: Our most popular novel is Against the Gods, from Zongheng.com. Our second most popular novel is MGA, from 17k.com. These are all licensed to WW by those respective sites. If the problem lies in WW, why do no other Chinese publishers have problems with us? Why has no translation group or site reported any problem with any of them? Why does everyone have problems with QI, save for those who are being paid by them?

9. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because, as a professional company, they don't need to respond to every claim made on some online forum?

Because QI is the only one launching their own international platform and directly competing with you... Come on, throw me something actually challenging :D

10. ChickenBakuba

ChickenBakuba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @GodBrandy you're a great guy but can you shut the fuck up about all this qidian drama? my good impression on you has been on a straight decline the entire while. It was cool and all when it started but when you overdid it, well the community doesn't need extra vitriol, especially ones on the scale of this. some of the replies were outright malicious. if your idea of fun is fanning the flames and watching people hurl insults bordering on death threats at one another, you certainly have a problem.

And @rwxwuxiaworld i don't intend to join this argument but unless you can get this case to court (which I somehow doubt) then let's face it, nothing you do against qidian will help. only the legal victor wins

11. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, but they were the ones to start making the claims on the 'online forum'. They started this, not us. They shut up awfully quickly after we started responding to their nonsense with actual proof, didn't that? When it was time to put up or shut up, they shut up.

Bing bing bing bing! You hit it on the money. That's the answer I was waiting for. You are right - they acting the way they are because they are trying to compete with Wuxiaworld, and they are failing. It's not about the readers, it isn't about Wuxiaworld 'breaching contracts' or being 'slow to respond', and it sure as hell isn't about the authors; the only nickel that any of the authors have seen thus far from the English translations has been what Wuxiaworld has paid (and what translators have sent as donations). They've launched something like 130 or so translations of varying quality and still are just a bit over half our size in terms of readers. That's why they are so desperate to do so much shady stuff in an attempt to try and steal our readers, and why I'm going to call bullshit on them each time :)

12. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha as I said before, I haven't really followed the drama for that long, so I didn't know about that :blobsweat_2:

It's also the reason WW is so anti-QI. Competition works both ways. If QI are doing shady stuff like lying due to competition, I very much doubt that someone from WW would be above purposely mistranslating/misunderstanding something in a contract.
    Also, if you're judging the number readers from online site analytics, I don't think they track the app (although please correct me if I'm mistaken) which would obviously deflate the number, since the app is one of Webnovel's best features.

13. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for info, a lot of things QI does including the terms they claim their contracts with WW to have is actually sanctioned as illegal concurrency.

14. ChickenBakuba

ChickenBakuba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah but unless they actually act on it nothing's gonna be done. maybe the community hates them a little more or disapproves of their actions but boycotting doesn't really apply to all of the readerbase considering that most readers simply don't care

15. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you mind explaining what illegal concurrency is, please? A quick google just came up with programming stuff :blobtired:

16. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    No, many of us anti-QI because they've repeatedly done stuff to attack us. We aint done shit to'm; you don't see us copy/pasting their translations onto our site! As for what I'm judging for, I'm judging from a number of metrics, some public, some private ;).

17. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    WW aren't copy/pasting because they don't have a contract letting them :blobsweat_2: Unlike QI. No doubt you'll deny they do, but there's no real proof either way at this point. Scraps of a contract don't count as evidence when anything could have been redacted or mistranslated.

haha fair enough, I'm sure you have more sources for these stats than I've even heard of :D

18. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One last thing before I go: after RWX's "dubious" proofs are dismissed by anyone standing on QI's side, let's take a quick look at every single proof they have presented so far (including the time they went after WW for no reason):
    [​IMG]
    Looks pretty solid.

19. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    So if I simply claim that I do have a contract allowing me to use their novels without providing any actual proof, and then I start to copy/paste from them, you'll defend me as well, right? Because right now, that's pretty much as much proof QI has provided. If someone is taking an object out of another person's house, I think it's his responsibility to prove that it's his, not the other way around!

20. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    For example abusing your dominant position in the market by including extremely unfair terms in the contract (such as having the right to host WW's translations on their website), trying to steal clients by unfair means, etc.

Hm try checking unfair/deloyal competition, my legal English sucks haha.

It's sanctioned by law not readers haha.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2018
    millman97 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.