LCD The Inverted Dragon’s Scale

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Nefasdetestasti, Jul 6, 2016.

1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't know that was the wolf pearl, because he didn't see it activated before

2. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You say it is peaceful. Does romance play a part at all yet?

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He saw him acquire it. Everyone at the scene saw him acquire it. There's no way he wouldn't recognize it if someone didn't wipe his memory of the event, which was never stated to have happened.

4. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. But there are a few potential heroines, and even when they move away from Li Muyang they remain in the story so its impossible to narrow it down.
    He saw him acquire a pearl. He didn't see him acquire a flaming ball of death.

Avenger likes this.
  5. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. That sounds interesting then. I’ll start reading.

6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He saw him acquire the wolf pearl, which wouldn't be any different at the time he brought it out than at the time he put it away. Also: “What is the son of the red moon? You mean the Wolf King up there? He lended you the pearl?” This indicates that Lin Canghai didn't even know about the pearl period, which is clearly nonsense.

7. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks to all of you, I read the first 28 chapters last night. It seems pretty interesting but as someone said it starts off a bit slow. At one point, his burnt(charcoal) face lightened a bit. Does it heal more as the story goes on?

8. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently, he's sparkly white

9. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read about 125 chapters so far. Does the girl he got switched with a birth (And I think she is the Phoenix) stay enemies with the MC forever? It seems like she is one of the current antigonists but I don't know if it's for the whole book.

10. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about the future, but right now they feel like frenemies. They have teamed up a couple times, and their cooperation appears quite tacit. As of now, I have a hard time saying who Li Muyang is closer to between Qiandu and Lu Qiji.

11. OrderedChaos

OrderedChaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @jacobpaige hahaha, you're overthinking about the novel too much, just blame it on daily chapters and general CN cliches.

The one jarring thing i hate though is somehow, its not a modern world and guns don't exist somehow. In the beginning i felt that cultivators were actual rare existences based on the beginning. Yet, now cultivators are all of a sudden public knowledge in around chapter 500+. Not to mention that the capital is all of a sudden ancient china with carriages and shit. The world is basically like naruto but with conveniences of tech we have today. Otherwise, aside from that massive inconsistency and general CN novel complaints, it holds up okayish. Chinese people sure love public face : /

12. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. Due to the human family situation I didn't think they would remain straight enemies. I do enjoy the novel but right now the MC seems to keep getting bullied to the extreme. It's like the theme of the novel throughout the chapters I've read.

13. OrderedChaos

Reading List:
    Link
    Face, chinese people love face. If your public face is shit, you get treated like shit. Its also why i call this a lesser ze tian ji, for all the massive flaws it has, this novel reads just like ze tian ji but the author is just real dumb sometimes and it lowers the quality. I would call myself an "experienced" reader so instead of actively looking for faults in novels, i just read looking at the okay stuff the author writes.

14. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    I read some ze tian ji and it seemed okay but I heard the author dropped the ball at the end so I dropped it. I didn't read enough in order to make a direct comparison.

15. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's not modern. Early muskets were good because the alternative was swords and bayonets. In a cultivation world, there's no reason to pour money into crappy muskets when they can dodge bullets and close in after one miss. Maoyuu did a good take on gunpowder though.

Also, cultivation was always common in IDS. Li Muyang couldn't cultivate because of his condition, but everyone else was cultivating to varying degrees. His sister (forgot her name) is an example.

16. OrderedChaos

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, i guess lol its just the sudden switch from cars to carriages is the only thing that stuck to me from earlier chapters. Ive probably missed the early cultivation talk.

17. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel should be on WW.

18. OrderedChaos

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh why lol? Whatever site its on does not make a difference, the only thing we should hope for is that someone is translating it.

19. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought more readers will read it if it's on WW.

20. OrderedChaos

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, idk about that for sure but, WW does have a huge amount of novels which makes them popular(also one of the earlier sites), but i think NU is bigger now because of the fact that it brings all/most of translated novel readers together, not just CN/KR, so most readers find even more books here at NU