Question Is ZTJ worth continuing?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by pauguste16, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pauguste16

pauguste16 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im 43 chps in and it feels unbearably slow, legit 250 words were used to describe the schools courtyard. description is good but i feel like it would bog down the story. does it ever pick up its pace

2. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    It was still same until i reached 300s. Fell free to decide

3. Tebix

Tebix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In dropped somewhere in the hundreds. It really isn‘t worth it

4. BumChikiBum

BumChikiBum "Notice me, Onii-chan!~"

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno. I stoped around chap 199. The misunderstanding about marriage is unbearable. Dunno why every human being in the world of ZTJ care about their marriage issue, it's out of logic.

Greater thunder and elengee like this.
  5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't pick up the pace, it stays like that, and most people find that one of the plus points compared to popcorn xianxia but it's a personal taste. I also couldn't stand it before long enough and went to novels which people that tend to like this novel seem to hate.

6. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped the novel at 120. Unbelievably omega super supremely slow and not gratifying to read at all. The MC can't seem to catch a break.

7. WhiteLotus123

WhiteLotus123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im still reading 860ch and i think only 3 years past still the beginning

8. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The pace of the novel story remains the same throughout. It is indeed slow.

9. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know how I made it, but after the first 200-300 chapters I thought that it was worth it. That was because I read fast but if you're the type to read like 10 chapters a day, then it's not worth it. If you're like me and can read like 50-100 in one sitting, the first couple hundred will be over fast and will be worth the wait.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  10. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't like the the starting chapters you will most likely not like the whole novel since the pacing remains the same even though sometimes it has great action scenes.

11. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story it's it's own thing, you can't judge it based on other novels you've read. The pacing will remain the same all throughout, he will eventually cultivate and succeed but it takes quite a while and even then it never picks up speed, this is something you gotta live with if you decide to read this. I gotta say personally I lost my patience too around the time he challenged some people in a grand competition or something, but I really liked the story up to that point the reason I dropped was because back then releases where extremely slow and it was painful to wait a week for a chapter that did not advance the plot at all. I figure I'd drop it and wait till the translations where fully done then go through the whole thing.

12. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally absolutely hate slow novels but ZTJ was one of those miracle novels that you continue reading to the point you don't even know why you are reading it so much.

Glaerun and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  13. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    The most beautiful and talented young woman cultivator in the world getting married to some nobody? Of course people care. It's like that in the real world. The only difference is, in Chinese web novel worlds, catching the attention of the rich and famous usually ends up with them trying to kill you. And it doesn't help that the MC is such a dweeb that even a normal person would want to bully him.

readerz likes this.
  14. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't stand it. It's more interesting to watch honey drip into my cup. At least I can taste it sooner or later. This novel barely gives any sweet taste even after reading roughly 150 or so chapters. I think I stopped when he got to some sorta bamboo garden? Not even sure where that's at chapter wise. :blobawkward:

readerz likes this.
  15. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the most boring novel. And if you know the ending, you will stop reading it right now. All the romance from the start is useless because in the end, mc and fmc didn't marry. They separate. What a waste of time.

I like fast pace cultivation, beat arrogant young master, win tournament, and become the most powerful in the universe.

Not drama novel like ztj

readerz and Kagutsuchi like this.
  16. Jackfrost2139

Jackfrost2139 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, he is only 14 around the start of the novel, now he is 21 so about 7 years have past

17. SilverJoker

SilverJoker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read up until like chapter 600 something few months ago. It's decent if you skim and speed read but the enjoyment factor from the novel really dies after a while, although that happens with like 99% of the novels on here. Overall ZTJ is probably one of the better novels on the site.

18. SilverJoker

SilverJoker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you kidding me they don't get together? Freaking author.....

19. Jackfrost2139

Jackfrost2139 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the same around there, I did quit, but I came back because something in my gut told me that this is good keep going and it did not lie. Though as said before, if you do like novels where all MC are basically just OP and the only person in the world that can be OP because he is MC and will get any vagina there is because you know he exists then this is definitely not for you

oh ya one additional point about this novel, this is the one of the only novel where, Female characters are Cool, literally read so much novels were MC is male. most females are just bland and boring

20. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    depends...do you have the patience? do you like being tortured by boredom? if yes, go ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.