Recruitment Pick Up This Novel Translations & Projekt World Witches recruiting members!

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by flowingcloud, Apr 5, 2018.

1. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: I change the title cause it apparently bugged people. If you can't take a joke, I seriously don't know why you are visiting this salt forum. Also, people who don't like how long the post is, f*** you.

Hi, I'm Flowingcloud and some of you may know me from translating While Killing Slimes for 300 Years, The Girl Who Spits Up Jewels, Remake Our Lives, etc. but today I'm looking for members to join my new group!

Let me explain why I started to start these new groups even though I translate other stuff. As a translator, I cannot seem to focus on translating the same novels over and over anymore, and to be honest, which translator hasn't felt burned out? I would translate random things or side projects when I burned out, but it never amounts to a lot.
    You feel like someone should translate this novel (cause it's good, etc.), but you don't want to translate that novel yourself. Is that translator YOU? Welcome to the grand Dao of Translating. The following group was made just for you.

Let me explain a little about the two groups that I'll be starting.
    Groups:
    Pick Up This Novel Translations
    Projekt World Witches

Before I explain each group, I'd like to explain the simple rules.
    1. No Schedule - Don't expect to see any consistent updates whatsoever. Any member are free to join and leave as they will.
    2. No very bad MTL - If I read your translation and cannot understand anything at all, it must be pretty bad. At least make your translation readable. Hopefully, proficient Japanese translators join though.
    3. No, you're not getting paid. This is all volunteer work. All money earned from this only goes to more raws and site fees.

The sites are currently under construction, so I'm not going to post the link even though it should be very easy to get the domain by looking at the names of the group.

Pick Up This Novel Translations
    This translation group, like its name implies, is where translators (most likely just me) post novels in hope that someone else picks up this novel. This is certainly not a place where translators just dump the misc novels they translated on their free time or anything... baka! Of course, you can join the group to pick up a novel translated here as well, or simply just join the group to translate.
    Roles
    Translator - Honestly, you don't have to join this group, but if you just want to leave or post a novel here it's perfectly fine. I mean look at me, my main group is Yado Inn, but I'm still posting novels here. New translators are also welcome. Raws are provided to a certain extent (must be negotiated).

Projekt World Witches
    This group will be only focusing on translating novels, manga, etc. related to the Strike Witches franchise. Honestly, I am a big fan of the franchise, but I'm disappointed in how dead the translating community is for it, so I am trying to revive a bit of it. I am currently translating Noble Witches: The 506th Joint Fighter Wing the light novel version. (I currently have the Prologue and Intermission fully translated. Don't question why I skipped Chapter 1.)
    Roles
    Translator - Translate something related to it, whether it be manga, novel, audio transcripts, etc.
    Manga - If you have skills related to manga, please join. I really want to do manga of the light novel, but I have no other skills other than translating.

P.S. You won't find these groups on Novel Updates yet cause I haven't posted anything. Sites are up, but not fully updated and might go down cause they were just set up.

General Roles for Both Groups
    Editor - You edit. (Don't apply if you know your English is terrible. Beginners welcome to apply, but please at least have to English proficiency.) Don't expect too much work in the beginning.

If you want to join or have any questions, please comment on the thread or contact me via Discord. If you want to join, Discord is a MUST.

Contact Info
    Email: [email protected]
    (Preferred) Discord: flowingcloud#2601

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Netsu and Doomr like this.
  2. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    You're only picking up slave? Datsrayciss.jpg:blobsad:

3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Your recruitment post is longer than an average chapter.
    Summarize.
    Slave is not funny, that joke has gotten old.
    Group members have criticised the owner of a website for calling them slaves.
    Best of luck to you but I doubt you will be able to recruit permanent members.
    Temporary members yes, well it depends on what you are looking for
    Now for the reason I visited this thread:
    I can help you set-up your own website with Google Ads approval in about 24 hours. I see that you are using a subdomain.
    I can also provide a custom domain for you.
    Cheers !

4. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because your average chapter is split in 5 parts? :p

TL;DR: The OP's basically looking for translators that have nowhere else to dump teasers to dump teasers in a single place, which would be nice for a potential translator, for the first group and translators interested in translating the Strike Witches franchise for the second one.

And the OP never mentioned the website(s) he's using, so how did you know if he's using subdomains? :blobunsure:

Doomr likes this.
  5. codiro

codiro Lethargic Pachyderm No. 5

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds fun. I'll keep this pickup a novel group in mind. seems like a fun place for a short fling. And the length is a filtering tool. Who needs people who can't/won't read a few words to become a translator or editor? (Extreme meritocracy POV)

6. NikkiSpores

NikkiSpores Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm interested in being an editor. I have no editing experience, but I am native English speaker. I don't have a Discord account yet. It's getting late for me, so I will create one tomorrow and contact you there again.

FYI, I'm currently translating a novel and picking up a second, so I'm not sure how much time I can give. If there aren't too many posts, I think I can handle it.

7. DCVoidsWrath

DCVoidsWrath The shitty translator who will conquer all

Reading List:
    Link
    Boop

Maybe someone'll finally pick up sanzen...