Discussion You Disgust Me, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by J-Mitch, Apr 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. asdf123

asdf123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i checked your site link, and i cant find anything. sure there is a nice update bar on the bottom and the new arrivals, but where the fuck is the list of novels? there is a search bar but idk wtf im supposed to search for.

your site looks great at first but the ui is fucking trash and i have no idea how to navigate it. your design has failed completely even though it looks nice. tbh it looks like an aggregator site at first glance and id avoid it at all costs if i didnt find it from your post lol. that's how shit i find your ui.

like i shouldnt even need 5 seconds to find anything i want from your webpage. again it looks quite nice

Astaroth likes this.
  2. DarthOu

DarthOu 《Lord Vader》

Reading List:
    Link
    what?!! There's people that don't like NU? Blasphemous!

Sabruness and Leo William like this.
  3. Mordiggian

Mordiggian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say all of them.... That's generally how it works.

4. LNTB

LNTB New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This.

I assume most of the people on NU read from NU links, hence why they're here...

I will say that there are many like myself that simply lurk and don't sign up or comment, but we really do appreciate what you guys do, albeit silently. As for why we don't sign up and simply comment, it varies from person to person. Hopefully that makes you feel better, even if only a bit.

Saganix, J-Mitch and Leo William like this.
  5. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it happens. either they don't know of us, don't care about it, or simply don't agree with something we did (seemingly convinced we are benefiting their worst enemy somehow)

Leo William, SenjiQ and juniorjawz like this.
  6. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do you really think all the readers come from NU?

You might need a reality check. Did you find your first internet novel in NovelUpdate or some random link to a random site that has novels?

Most likely it's the latter. NU only comes later through comments or if you're really searching.

7. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry you feel like that. As someone that loves reading and cannot translate from any Asian languages, I am very appreciative of your efforts.

Is it possible that those readers do not know or understand that the translations were stolen and put on an aggregate site? If you mainly read for pleasure, and don't know the ins and outs, its easy to offend without awareness...I like to err on the side of misunderstanding before becoming upset....

The question is, if the reason behind people reading on aggregate sites is ignorance, how can you effectively educate them? If it's a service they prefer or any other reason, how to counteract so that you get the readers going to your site instead of them.

I'm big on taking action when there is a problem, how can I help as a reader to get the message to others?

8. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just share it?

good luck wading in the Thieves Den

Femme Fatale likes this.
  9. Spade29

Spade29 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Similar to realms in the firmament..."you disgust me"

10. abcalltheway

abcalltheway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to make sure that when you search for that novel and maybe even certain chapters that your site is åt the top! For example someone i know just made a troll site that had a bunch of key search words and from adds he earned a pretty penny before the real deal did the same and made his site go down the search, try doing this and why would someone choose a website lower down than like the top 1?

11. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    As others above, I read novels that this site links. Even when the translation site is missing the proceeding chapters and they are not available on NU instead of finding it on an aggregation site, i just don't read the novel or skip the chapters if it's below one digit...

12. faulcon

faulcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're upset, I get that. But why are you posting your rant here? This is not the audience you are trying to reach, the people here who read the novels you translate are almost certain to be reading them on your site because that's where novelupdates will link them to. I guess it's cathartic sometimes just to rant but I can't see this doing anything at all to actually help your situation.

SightlierGravy likes this.
  13. Silverfrost

Silverfrost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how do they even read from other sites when the updates lead directly to JFB?

lurker here. i dont comment but i support you. :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

14. OverlyUnfriendly

OverlyUnfriendly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its okay, you disgust me too. :blobhighfive:

Fetish and Astaroth like this.
  15. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    How can you not like NU?!?

Silverfrost likes this.
  16. abcalltheway

abcalltheway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is actually nice and easy to navigate, atleast on cellphone- with the bortom being releaser chaptrrs, above that new arrivals and åt the top of the site is 3 dots whicj is also where you will find what you are looking for. Simple and easy for Me but i dont know if you are 10 or just cant find such a simple thing really. I guess you would prob somehow have problem with qidians too ey? Cause their site is Good and doesn't need a shit comment like your Sir! Also of you didnt know just press action or something then search, it would be nice om cellphone- with a tab of all the novels but oh well. :)

J-Mitch likes this.
  17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd wager it's probably an attempt to get more readers from righteous indignation. Whining about not getting donations etc.

18. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    I do love your work and hope you the best

But what can we do about those thieves? I don't even know where to report to.... Who have the authority to handle them?
    I'm so ignorant :blobpensive:

19. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd comment if you had a disqus option for commenting. would make it easier on many who want to comment.

20. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh i don't know, you'll have to ask that away from the NUF. But if i had to hazard a guess it would be the following

- Found Qidian first
    - Don't like getting taken to external site links that had add swarms & other shit
    - Have some beef with NU (or its inhabitants)
    - ???