Discussion You Disgust Me, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by J-Mitch, Apr 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    What's Fantasy Books? I don't recall a group of that name?

2. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you're saying. And we're obviously moving to do so. The site is a lot faster. We've added cool new features. We've upgraded our story board to an advanced search form.

I know the site still has problems in terms of making things smooth for navigation, but we're working on it.

What grinds my gears are those that know the work is stolen, but don't care. They know they can go to the right site, but choose otherwise.

3. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    What makes it more ridiculous, is it proves how ignorant and LAZY they are. There is literally a website dedicated for bookmarking, tracking, and FINDING the translators website and making it extremely accessible.

MiyaMira and Cosmic_ like this.
  4. Mimosa1

Mimosa1 Lee Jae Wook

Reading List:
    Link
    Wattpad?

5. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    it would be somehow nice if all the comment section are connected to the NuF account . . . .
    that would be awesome . .

and sorry to hear that, it would be best if you change the links on the NU to be your site,
    and an advice it would be better if you somehow insert some text that states that it is yours and people are reading it on an pirate site. . .

goodluck~

6. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    https://fantasy-books.live

NU is fine. I'm here venting because there are users that don't use the links from NU to our site, or go on our site, and just read at sites that just steal our work.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2018
  7. rythms1107

rythms1107 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    welp
    A Monster Who Levels Up try this
    one of the best korean novel currently

8. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    people are reposting chapters from your place to other sites, im guessing? Honestly bro i dont even know any sites that streal chapters like that since coming to NU. I wouldnt even know where to look to find them. Thats the beauty of NU, always got links to the source site.

9. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    ohhh. . .
    and i just found your site a week ago due to reading Kusuriya. . . .starting from chap 1. . .

good job on those.and you shoudn't give thanks to that GM-Rusaku. . .
    he's a BOT!!!
    i tell you he's a bot!!
    he's supposed to be on slavery . . . .but why is he there. . .demn. .

well good luck again and more power~

more Kusuriya please~ :aww::aww::aww::aww:

10. rythms1107

rythms1107 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you should probably announce that you remove the copy block in your site
    my friend read by copy paste in microsoft word then read it in his phone

11. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    I just use NU for navigation~ Which means I always read from Fantasy! Honestly, some of my favorite novels are from there. Hearing about people pirate chapters and people reading them just makes me want to go and post a link to the orginal content but I know that it would do nothing.

Either way, keep up your good work! I tend not to comment out of a lack of memory and not wanting to stay on sites for too long since the ads slow down my tablet or redirect me. I’m looking at you GT. Still, if commenting makes you happy, then I’ll try and comment more in the future! Don’t give up!

12. rythms1107

rythms1107 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why bother to navigate to those pirated site when their is NU

13. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t though? I use NU to navigate straight to Fantasy....

14. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    i only got 2 bookmarked from ur site and not reading them....

15. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there some place or way that I can make suggestions to the site?

Back to the topic, it certainly sucks and it's a difficult thing to tackle especially since this is an issue where you're just a stranger on the internet trying to get another stranger to change their ways. Spreading awareness does help, but it only helps by getting through to those that come to care in the end.

If a person doesn't care about content being stolen, then we can only try to appeal them through maybe saying that they'd get the content earlier or that something else is better. It's not just laziness or indifference towards pirating, it's also about habits and familiarity which are things that are hard to break and challenge.

16. ppomv

ppomv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk, sometimes it's tempting to read on them. Not that I have but even as an avid reader that uses NU (which makes things super easy to find and navigate), it's the translators' site itself that's unfortunate. Some translators have terrible designs. It's not even the navigation (if I can't find the correct chapters, I go to NU) but wonky text, misplaced images, weird spacing... I'm not going to lie, I've dropped a couple of stories from that alone. And for lazy readers who like convenient one site reading and uniform design, they'll go to aggregators. Full sympathy but unless you find a way to ban troll sites or have a robot that spams their comment section to read from the correct site, there isn't anything that can be legally done.

Astaroth likes this.
  17. LIGHTDX

LIGHTDX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I was unexpectedly thanked just for commenting the chapters i read. It is a nice feling. ^^ I just thought it was the least i should do for someone who is writing or translating something i can enjoy to read so i'm happily surprised.
    Not sure who is stealing the chapter and even then asking to spit on you, but surely is as low as someone can be.

18. kcao1199

kcao1199 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya no, it must be irritating and hateful to see your work stolen and to have all the credit stolen too. It's something I also extremely dislike, so I only use NU to gain access to my novels. :blobconfused::notlikeblob:

19. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    You know how to (try to) combat bots, the original tl will put something like "this was stolen from __.com?" I feel that those on the thief sites that ignore even when these things pop-up is not only due to laziness or indifference, but also because the thief site has all the novels they read while original tl site might only have that one novel they're reading.

So memorizing the site and having to go back and forth sites just to read other novels and that one novel would be a pain to them. Wouldn't if original tl sites not only include "this is stolen from __.com" but also include "join novelupdates.com" and maybe also say NU has all the novels they read too and organize, bookmarks, and updates on them better?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  20. Jaikteis

Jaikteis 【Box-Lunch Connoisseur】

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the first novel I read was Overlord when it already had several volumes on the original translation site and perhaps it was there someone linked Novel Updates, not sure how I found it but I would not have started reading half of the content without this site since it has helped me find various novels using the assigned tags or see people recommend novels in various discussion threads. This is where I come to find something to read and use the associated links. I could not even tell you what sites are pirating unless I came across a story hosted there I already knew from the NU linked site. Even if i type "translated novels" into a search engine such as google/yahoo/bing/ask/baidu, if NU is not the first link, it soon follows... but if they are looking for a specific novel name I can see how various other sites might come up first and lead them to a pirated site before something legit. As far as I'm concerned NU is a great resource for those new to these novels and I only wish I had found it sooner than I did.