Discussion Is gender equality means woman can leaves her responsibility as wife and mother?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by adislt, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Girl can be charge sexual assault if she ogling a sexy male with no top at the beach

2. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    let's start by making equality possible between people then gender equality can be done

3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn:
    Is that "gender equality" or bad "family problem"?

4. kcao1199

kcao1199 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a woman, I have to say this. Once you give birth to a child, one has the moral obligation to care for that child, whether it's physically, emotionally, financially, etc. However, don't you think the husband/father has the same obligation. If the woman is neglecting her child, that's another story, but she does (as does her husband) has the duty to care for the life they brought into the world. Females, however, should not need to solely carry all that obligation, and I think that's where they're coming from.

Mahou-nii-sama and PawsAndClaws like this.
  5. Elawn

Elawn 『Binge Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's wrong for a mother not to take care of her children, period. But don't forget that it's the same for fathers. It goes both ways.

PawsAndClaws likes this.
  6. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a parent that can be with you constantly sounds great, but if you starve to death cause they don't work, then would you call them great parents?
    I don't really see an issue here tbh. if she isn't spending time with the husband, then the relationship is flawed on both ends. If it can't get fixed, terminate it. As for the child, that's more complicated. Societal demands aside, it's ultimately her choice what she invests her time in. Like I said earlier, we don't know the motive. She may be trying to earn more so that their child could live a happier life. Also, the husband can spend time with the child if he wanted to. if the parents are ignoring the child altogether, then they're shit. otherwise...it's a grey area.

Nino Sasou likes this.
  7. Lonjest

Lonjest Dahar Master

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Nino Sasou likes this.
  8. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehm i can see your point, but if you don't mind can you give your view or opinions why some if not most women use gender equality as argument when faced the said problem or demand, before thst sorry if this reply somehow insulted you i just really curious because like ibsaid that's the very first counter argument i see or heard whenever career woman face the said problem

9. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, it requires the perfect confluence of situations as well for a great parent. Further, a parent who is with you constantly may be hindering your growth and development. It's all quite complex and there are way too many factors that go into it.

But the vast majority of parents aren't great. Somewhat more aren't good. Most probably fall somewhere around the average mark.

10. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wake up @GonZ555 !! Plenty of customers here
    :blobpopcorn:

11. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a reply but deleted it because this is too objective. Nothing is ever perfect. It could always be better, but resources are finite.

PawsAndClaws likes this.
  12. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    btw, just wondering, how many women do you know that use that excuse? or have seen use that excuse. Don't use many or most. try being numerical.

I was agreeing with you kek. if only people learned how to be average parents before becoming parents. crime would drop, lives saves, maybe even the pop reduced...

PawsAndClaws likes this.
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hello fellow country cat
    that just simple excuse similar with when men on family asked by women to also look after their child/children
    ~sorry too busy with work~

Nino Sasou and Parth37955 like this.
  14. kcao1199

kcao1199 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry I'm not offended. As for why females use that's as their first argument, I'm not absolutely sure. From my viewpoint though, it can get rather irksome when people think you're a horrible person when you're not meeting these set of standards and expectations. These set of expectations(such as caring for the child or staying at home) is not placed on males, and females do find it rather unfair. Like I said previously, I think both parents/spouse have the same moral and legal obligation to care for the child. How they do it? Well that depends on them.

Edit: if they're completely neglecting their child, then they're probably trying to find a upper ground excuse

15. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think that was related to gender equality. The same could(not saying it would) happen to a home of a single parent.
    Growing up both my parents work from 7 to 6 and we do have a caretaker. But my siblings and i grow normally. Relationship with parents are within normal.
    Bad parenting is just bad parenting. No need to blame gender equality. Be it male, female or apache helicopter.

Nino Sasou likes this.
  16. Perfect

Perfect Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You sound like a neanderthal.
    Gender equality means that BOTH the father and mother take care of the child.
    Both take care of the house. For example both cook the food.
    Both can go to work. Both can stay home.
    Both earn the same amount of money for the same type of work.
    If she sometimes makes a sandwich for you. You sometime makes a sandwich for her. Equal.

17. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    For numerical value if heard you can say in 10 career woman i know around 4 or 5 but that mainly because the rest do their job from home but if you ask of women older than me than it's nonethe case i said is of my friends that arpund my age
    If we count from what i read or watch from web it will be too big but also undependable at the same time
    Btw my age is around twenty

18. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh, Definition of equality these days was confusing. It was very subjective subject.

If parents wanted to have great family, they should have talk it using many factors like money and time. Not 'gender equality' or 'women should be home' shit.

19. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Use "Fallacy card" then. If something is used as an excuse it doesn't void the problem

20. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm: your culture is dealing with industrialization. don't trust the internet, you don't know the full story. 4-5 people does not reflect the whole of the culture.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Mahou-nii-sama likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.