LCD A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by bluefire, Feb 23, 2016.

1. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing that is good about Portal to Wonderland is two things about his cultivation. The first being is that instead of being a dragon or phoenix bloodline/abilities it was an ape. The second was the barbarian technique with the snake becoming apart of his abilities.

Worst thing is the author just forgetting basic things in the story. Like you said about the money but the one that bugs me the most is that when he went to fight the three headed python I am pretty sure that the first scene that mentioned the snake said that it was guarding an egg but after that the egg was never mentioned. He should have taken that damn egg and had his first spirit pet from that. Would have been awesome with the mc riding around on a giant three headed python.

mrttao likes this.
  2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with ape... holy snaps was it nice to have something "different" for a change, even if he was ripping off journey to the west.

but the barbarian thing annoyed me. The barbarian cultivation is clearly VASTLY superior to human cultivation.
    It is 100% compatible with it (the same way that magic cultivation and body cultivation can be done side by side), brings nothing but benefits without any drawbacks, and vastly vastly vastly reduces the required resources while accelerating cultivation rate. The barbarians have a tiny tiny fraction of the resources of the humans yet consistently churn out superior armies... they are not the barbarians, the humans are.
    That was pretty annoying, yes.

3. Urbek Mazino

Urbek Mazino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t read this in a few hundred chapters how’s the story going ?, is the Mc still running for his life ? Its seems like that’s all he ever does gets shit on by the author = run away from strong enemy = bail to new area . Last I remember he escaped to some sea islands ( hows his cultivation levels)

4. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Core Formation and still running from people and demon beasts.

Urbek Mazino likes this.
  5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as of chapter 602 MC ended up accidentally teleporting back to the initial land he started at so nobody would be chasing him at this very chapter (after hundreds of chapters of running and hiding). He is late core formation and is currently sneaking into a local sect by hiding his cultivation in order to cultivate to nascent soul. He could just snatch a leyline with his power, but doesn't want to draw attention.

Urbek Mazino likes this.
  6. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    ch 636
    finally time to get on this nascent soul train
    This is RMJI so it isnt guarranteed that he might actually form the next stage and fail lol but it will be interesting either way.
    Gonna take a break tho so it builds up

mrttao likes this.
  7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha in 648, a comment says Han Li is moving around with Nascent soul cultivators lol
    They are Foundation Establishment cultivators lol

8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a bit confused by what he is doing. supposedly he can easily wipe out that clan, so why waste a month infiltrating it as foundation establishment before doing the killing? My one guess is that the clan is somewhat dispersed and he is hoping that they all arrive for that celebration making them easier to kill

9. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    He could be cautious of that devil sect that is behind them. Going undercover to make sure none of the bigwigs from that demonic sect is there before he kills everyone.

Either that or maybe since he thinks he finally has time for a woman maybe he should get some friends too lol

mrttao likes this.
  10. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would certainly be happy if he finally finally gets a friend. But I find it hard to believe.

KidBuu likes this.
  11. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought I'd be happy that he finally took a concubine and joined a sect but he just left both of those. Demon fox/wolf is probably the closet thing he will get to a friend.

mrttao likes this.
  12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea...

also, he "joined" a sect in name only like he did before.
    And the concubine thing... he is having her stay virgin for 30 years to cultivate so that he could use a dual cultivation secret art to break through a bottleneck... which I believe he will just overcome beforehand and then just give her his cave full of treasures like he did the other woman.

The man is really insistent on being antisocial

Astaroth likes this.
  13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I called it, I effing called it (in the other thread specifically discussing the "romance", as well as in the chapter comments). The author has made her a virgin, which is the supreme height of bull pucky.

Their sect EXCLUSIVELY trains in sexual cultivation technique. Every single one of their disciples is immediately paired with someone of the opposite gender, this was a major plot point in all interactions with her sect. She herself has studying dual cultivation techniques to a high realm and used them to steal the MC's cultivation. And she has offered to compensate the MC for taking his cultivation with a top tier dual cultivation art superior to what he had.

And yet despite all that the author dares to claim she was a virgin until the MC and remained pure ever since.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Astaroth and Someguy666 like this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Just caught up to the translation, don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said, but one thing that I've thought about several times now, why is the place called Heavenly South?

It doesn't appear to be particularly southern at all... Considering that south of the Heavenly South is the Moulan plains, and north of it is that endless dead sea...

Well at least the name wasn't something like southernmost or so, and tbh it's not really a big deal, but I always found it strange that for a place with south in it, it appears to be located north of everything but the endless sea...

mrttao likes this.
  15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is that across the endless dead sea, there is the heavenly north.

Wujigege likes this.
  16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read the last 30 or so chapters. I was hoping to skim through for some activity but this thread is dead...

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c882 has been immense disappointing.
    >Han Li had grown careless, as nothing happened to him in the past when he used it. Without any high grade concealment spell formations placed down, the Soaring Tribes elder saw Han Li’s beetle swarm in plain sight.

>During a moment of carelessness, Han Li allowed one of them to escape.

>But by using some unknown method, Han Li suddenly found many Soaring Tribes Nascent Soul cultivators pursuing him several days later.

>but the late-Nascent Soul cultivator amongst them struck a heavy blow against Han Li while he was distracted.

So, for the author to create drama, MC has suddenly acted out of character, and also had his IQ drop to room temperature. Furthermore, this required a series of events involving 3 seperate fuckups by the MC (all of them the same, carelessness, without learning from his mistakes that happened just days before) and 1 instance of the opponents having BS nonsense abilities out of nowhere.

Also, for some reason the enemy's inexplicable technique was a one time thing. It allowed them to track down the mid nascent soul MC, but fail to track him down when he was sealed all the way down to foundation establishment.

Finally, this entire tense and potentially interesting scenario is skipped and narrated for us. Most likely because when the author actually tried to flesh it out, it came out as so ridiculous even he felt it was unacceptable. So he just timeskipped it and narrated the bullet points.

Wujigege likes this.
  18. Rainiu

Rainiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happiness was betrayed from my face as I saw a new chapter release.

Couldn't resist..

19. lotus.eater086

lotus.eater086 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone watching the donghua of Fanren ? How much has been adapted so far ? And does han li ever fall in love ?